462 replies to this topic

AeroShark

AeroShark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition, Intel Core i7 2630QM, Switchable graphics (Intel HD and 6770M). I have this odd problem with my trackpad where it will skip across the screen or start rapidly inserting right-clicks whenever the cursor changes (arrow to text selection, or resizer cursor for instance). All other times it works fine. E.G. if the mouse moves from the desktop to a textbox (so the cursor changes from an arrow to a text selection cursor) or from the desktop to the corner of a window (changes from an arrow to a resizer arror), then the sporadic mouse behavior starts. This can occur even during the installation process by moving the cursor over a text box. This behavior does not occur when using an external mouse, or when disabling multitouch.

I've tried several different ApplePS2 and VoodooPS2 kexts, and can't get anything to work. Does anybody know of this problem, or have any suggestions for a possible solution? I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help, I've searched and asked through many forums with no success. Thanks!

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition, Intel Core i7 2630QM, Switchable graphics (Intel HD and 6770M). I have this odd problem with my trackpad where it will skip across the screen or start rapidly inserting right-clicks whenever the cursor changes (arrow to text selection, or resizer cursor for instance). All other times it works fine. E.G. if the mouse moves from the desktop to a textbox (so the cursor changes from an arrow to a text selection cursor) or from the desktop to the corner of a window (changes from an arrow to a resizer arror), then the sporadic mouse behavior starts. This can occur even during the installation process by moving the cursor over a text box. This behavior does not occur when using an external mouse, or when disabling multitouch.

I've tried several different ApplePS2 and VoodooPS2 kexts, and can't get anything to work. Does anybody know of this problem, or have any suggestions for a possible solution? I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help, I've searched and asked through many forums with no success. Thanks!

Your, is a retail installation?

AeroShark

AeroShark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I am using Uni-Beast with the app store Lion.

lordmayhem

lordmayhem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

You know what is the "EDID Notebook Installer"?

Need to give to your display the original drivers in OSX, reading data from EEPROM Display!
Try it, maybe things get better!

Also, have you tried connecting a external USB keyboard to bring up the "Monitor" in System Preference>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts as in pictures?

Posted Image

If you see "Monitor" I am sure that you will use F2 and F3 keys (you must relocate first, because they are assigned to F14 and F15, which are not on the Notebook!).
This works in combination with "FN" key, or without, depending on how you set the bios!

Try

i ve applied EDID Notebook Installer , i have led panel in display system profiles , brightness slider maxed , brightness still sucks :S:S

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I am using Uni-Beast with the app store Lion.

I asked to see a little bit, because if it is Vanilla, I have nothing to recommend, except to replace again the PS2 kext and repair permissions, and check for any conflicting kext if there are. Sometimes it can be useful also repair disk if the file system is corrupt (with your installation Stick).......

I think I understand what you mean, because it happened to me the first time on this laptop, but then resolved by tuning the system.
To tell the truth, sounds like problem of kernelcache......but of course nothing sure!

i ve applied EDID Notebook Installer , i have led panel in display system profiles , brightness slider maxed , brightness still sucks :S:S

I did not understand whether it is better, or worse :angel: , and if work for you now, the brightness keys.

lordmayhem

lordmayhem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I asked to see a little bit, because if it is Vanilla, I have nothing to recommend, except to replace again the PS2 kext and repair permissions, and check for any conflicting kext if there are. Sometimes it can be useful also repair disk if the file system is corrupt (with your installation Stick).......

I think I understand what you mean, because it happened to me the first time on this laptop, but then resolved by tuning the system.
To tell the truth, sounds like problem of kernelcache......but of course nothing sure!

I did not understand whether it is better, or worse :angel: , and if work for you now, the brightness keys.

i think you didn't understand what i mean , brightness keys and slider work now fine , but the maximum brightness is not the maximum brightness for my screen , its not the maximum brightness in windows , little bit dark , i read some where it could be edited in dsdt ??

AeroShark

AeroShark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I tried a new usb stick from scratch, setting it up with Uni-Beast. I tried repairing permissions, and booting with -f and UseKernelCache=No; none of which worked. I wouldn't think it could be a kext conflict since it's just a vanilla install + Uni-Beast, and I checked in S/L/E and E/E and only saw the two Apple PS2 kexts in E/E; nothing (voodoo PS2 or Apple PS2) in S/L/E. Are there any other conflicts I should be looking for? I've gone through quite a few different PS2 kexts to no avail, do have any you think I should try? Any ways for me to debug further? Thanks for your help :D

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

I tried a new usb stick from scratch, setting it up with Uni-Beast. I tried repairing permissions, and booting with -f and UseKernelCache=No; none of which worked. I wouldn't think it could be a kext conflict since it's just a vanilla install + Uni-Beast, and I checked in S/L/E and E/E and only saw the two Apple PS2 kexts in E/E; nothing (voodoo PS2 or Apple PS2) in S/L/E. Are there any other conflicts I should be looking for? I've gone through quite a few different PS2 kexts to no avail, do have any you think I should try? Any ways for me to debug further? Thanks for your help :D

Are you using Snow Leopard?
Sorry for this....but if you running 10.7.x you must move all kext to S/L/E.... Lion don't like Extra/Extensions folder (problem rebuilding the kernelcache)

Is this the problem, possible?

AeroShark

AeroShark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I'm using Lion. Uni-Beast creates an E/E on the install stick, but in the hard drive installation, Multi-Beast adds the extensions to S/L/E. In my last post I was describing the issue as it appears even during the installation process, running only off the installer stick. In that case there is an E/E, since ###### creates it, but the same problem persists on my completed installation where only S/L/E is used (no E/E).

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

I'm using Lion. Uni-Beast creates an E/E on the install stick, but in the hard drive installation, Multi-Beast adds the extensions to S/L/E. In my last post I was describing the issue as it appears even during the installation process, running only off the installer stick. In that case there is an E/E, since ###### creates it, but the same problem persists on my completed installation where only S/L/E is used (no E/E).

..........no other ideas

AeroShark

AeroShark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thanks for all you help! I'm gonna try a fresh install with a few different kexts and see if I can look into possible kernal cache problems.

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

i think you didn't understand what i mean , brightness keys and slider work now fine , but the maximum brightness is not the maximum brightness for my screen , its not the maximum brightness in windows , little bit dark , i read some where it could be edited in dsdt ??

Hahh, the screen is dark!
This evening, if I have time I'll try to do something under Device (PNLF) in dsdt.

AeroShark

AeroShark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Are you using Snow Leopard?
Sorry for this....but if you running 10.7.x you must move all kext to S/L/E.... Lion don't like Extra/Extensions folder (problem rebuilding the kernelcache)

Is this the problem, possible?

Ok so after a lot of tries, I'm now able to get my mouse to behave properly if I boot with -f. This only works on my hard drive installation, and has no effect on the mouse behavior during the Uni-Beast install (I'm thinking because of the Lion problems like you said, not sure why Uni-Beast uses the Extra/Extensions. Doesn't matter though since I only care about my final install). When I boot with -f I also get stuck with "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" and then improper resolution when the system finally starts. It seems you were right about the problem being related to the KernelCahce, nice ^_^! Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to boot with -f every time?

aventa

aventa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone!
I have a DV6-6090ee and i'm fairly new to hackintash. I've installed lion on my laptop and now the only thing i need is DSDT.aml for my laptop.
If anybody does have it for DV6-6090ee i would be appreciated for sharing with me.

Thanks for your help.

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

Ok so after a lot of tries, I'm now able to get my mouse to behave properly if I boot with -f. This only works on my hard drive installation, and has no effect on the mouse behavior during the Uni-Beast install (I'm thinking because of the Lion problems like you said, not sure why Uni-Beast uses the Extra/Extensions. Doesn't matter though since I only care about my final install). When I boot with -f I also get stuck with "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" and then improper resolution when the system finally starts. It seems you were right about the problem being related to the KernelCahce, nice ^_^! Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to boot with -f every time?

-f= ignore you org.chameleon.boot.plist....are wrong?
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload = HD3000 without framebuffer....display not attacched at your videocard......1024x768!
Can you tell me what version of bios you have your lappy? And you can post your Extra folder, and dsdt?

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

Hi everyone!
I have a DV6-6090ee and i'm fairly new to hackintash. I've installed lion on my laptop and now the only thing i need is DSDT.aml for my laptop.
If anybody does have it for DV6-6090ee i would be appreciated for sharing with me.

Thanks for your help.

This topic contains a method of installation, and at the first pages you can find dsdt.aml, for your Lappy!
To the previous page there are my files x 10.7.4 with dsdt inside for DV7...but for you, mine is not working!
Must be modified for the DV6 (need to remove the Dual Link patch for display)

...or you have a Full HD Display??

EDIT:

dsdt.aml for DV6 (bios F1a/F1B series)

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.zip   20.79KB   16 downloads

aventa

aventa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

This topic contains a method of installation, and at the first pages you can find dsdt.aml, for your Lappy!
To the previous page there are my files x 10.7.4 with dsdt inside for DV7...but for you, mine is not working!
Must be modified for the DV6 (need to remove the Dual Link patch for display)

...or you have a Full HD Display??

Thanks for your help. but as i mentioned i'm new to hackintosh and i don't know how to use that DSDT at the first page or how to modify your or anyone's DSDT.
Can you please help me?

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

Thanks for your help. but as i mentioned i'm new to hackintash and i don't know how use that DSDT at the first page or how to modify your or anyone's DSDT.
Can you please help me?

I have editet my previous post, put my dsdt in Extra folder, or in Lion root.

aventa

aventa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have editet my previous post, put my dsdt in Extra folder, or in Lion root.

Thank you for helping me so quick. WOW!
I'll try and let you know if it works fine.

By the way, can i use it in vanilla installation method too?

Thanks again.

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,776 posts

Thank you for helping me so quick. WOW!
I'll try and let you know if it works fine.

By the way, can i use it in vanilla installation method too?

Thanks again.

With this DSDT, you can use with any method:

He contains within a refer to my own AppleHDA, for native sounds.

If you want my advice as you wrote in post With this DSDT, you can use with any method:

follow post 326 http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1837171 onwards:

Replace all files that are in my pack, I think you'll do fine.

Look at the attention for UpdateCombo10.7.4

P.S (my files are good for vanilla installation)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy