DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

i think you didn't understand what i mean , brightness keys and slider work now fine , but the maximum brightness is not the maximum brightness for my screen , its not the maximum brightness in windows , little bit dark , i read some where it could be edited in dsdt ??

Hahh, the screen is dark!

This evening, if I have time I'll try to do something under Device (PNLF) in dsdt.

Are you using Snow Leopard?

Sorry for this....but if you running 10.7.x you must move all kext to S/L/E.... Lion don't like Extra/Extensions folder (problem rebuilding the kernelcache)

Is this the problem, possible?

Ok so after a lot of tries, I'm now able to get my mouse to behave properly if I boot with -f. This only works on my hard drive installation, and has no effect on the mouse behavior during the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install (I'm thinking because of the Lion problems like you said, not sure why [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] uses the Extra/Extensions. Doesn't matter though since I only care about my final install). When I boot with -f I also get stuck with "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" and then improper resolution when the system finally starts. It seems you were right about the problem being related to the KernelCahce, nice ^_^! Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to boot with -f every time?

Hi everyone!

I have a DV6-6090ee and i'm fairly new to hackintash. I've installed lion on my laptop and now the only thing i need is DSDT.aml for my laptop.

If anybody does have it for DV6-6090ee i would be appreciated for sharing with me.

Thanks for your help.

Ok so after a lot of tries, I'm now able to get my mouse to behave properly if I boot with -f. This only works on my hard drive installation, and has no effect on the mouse behavior during the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install (I'm thinking because of the Lion problems like you said, not sure why [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] uses the Extra/Extensions. Doesn't matter though since I only care about my final install). When I boot with -f I also get stuck with "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" and then improper resolution when the system finally starts. It seems you were right about the problem being related to the KernelCahce, nice ^_^! Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to boot with -f every time?

-f= ignore you org.chameleon.boot.plist....are wrong?

SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload = HD3000 without framebuffer....display not attacched at your videocard......1024x768!

Can you tell me what version of bios you have your lappy? And you can post your Extra folder, and dsdt?

Hi everyone!

I have a DV6-6090ee and i'm fairly new to hackintash. I've installed lion on my laptop and now the only thing i need is DSDT.aml for my laptop.

If anybody does have it for DV6-6090ee i would be appreciated for sharing with me.

Thanks for your help.

This topic contains a method of installation, and at the first pages you can find dsdt.aml, for your Lappy!

To the previous page there are my files x 10.7.4 with dsdt inside for DV7...but for you, mine is not working!

Must be modified for the DV6 (need to remove the Dual Link patch for display)

...or you have a Full HD Display??

EDIT:

dsdt.aml for DV6 (bios F1a/F1B series)

dsdt.zip

This topic contains a method of installation, and at the first pages you can find dsdt.aml, for your Lappy!

To the previous page there are my files x 10.7.4 with dsdt inside for DV7...but for you, mine is not working!

Must be modified for the DV6 (need to remove the Dual Link patch for display)

...or you have a Full HD Display??

Thanks for your help. but as i mentioned i'm new to hackintosh and i don't know how to use that DSDT at the first page or how to modify your or anyone's DSDT.

Can you please help me?

Thanks for your help. but as i mentioned i'm new to hackintash and i don't know how use that DSDT at the first page or how to modify your or anyone's DSDT.

Can you please help me?

I have editet my previous post, put my dsdt in Extra folder, or in Lion root.

I have editet my previous post, put my dsdt in Extra folder, or in Lion root.

Thank you for helping me so quick. WOW!

I'll try and let you know if it works fine.

By the way, can i use it in vanilla installation method too?

Thanks again.

Thank you for helping me so quick. WOW!

I'll try and let you know if it works fine.

By the way, can i use it in vanilla installation method too?

Thanks again.

With this DSDT, you can use with any method:

He contains within a refer to my own AppleHDA, for native sounds.

If you want my advice as you wrote in post With this DSDT, you can use with any method:

follow post 326 http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1837171 onwards:

Replace all files that are in my pack, I think you'll do fine.

Look at the attention for UpdateCombo10.7.4

P.S (my files are good for vanilla installation)

With this DSDT, you can use with any method:

If you want my advice as you wrote in post With this DSDT, you can use with any method:

If you want my advice as you wrote in post 326 http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1837171 onwards:

Replace all files that are in my pack, I think you'll do fine.

Look at the attention for UpdateCombo10.7.4

P.S (my files are good for vanilla installation)

Another question.

I just wanna know will your attached files and edited DSDT work with mountain lion too?

Thanks a lot.

-f= ignore you org.chameleon.boot.plist....are wrong? SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload = HD3000 without framebuffer....display not attacched at your videocard......1024x768! Can you tell me what version of bios you have your lappy? And you can post your Extra folder, and dsdt?

My bios version is F.1A, and here's my Extra and DSDT. Thanks a lot!

Another question.

I just wanna know will your attached files and edited DSDT work with mountain lion too?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry, today i'm writing from my smartphone, and I wrote fast:

for clarify, the dsdt is good for Mountain Lion, but no all other files!

For ML i have a new NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ready (from user of tonymacx86),

PS2 and battery kexts are the same:

missing only a new AppleHDA.kext, where I saw that platform.xml and LayoutXX.xml are now compressed (this is no problem with the script of REVOGIRL)... the problem are on the binary file, I guess, but I just watched this today, and I'm reading the possible solutions

Hey Micky, I'm checking all the topics over the time to ensure if there are any updates with our lappies. 6770m? No bios hackers tried to help us?
I really think that the work on the bios is really hard ..... impossible! I have done experiments to create new builds myself with PhoenixTool204.exe from MDL, I also replaced bios chip to change bootblock:

only result is that my Lappy is now in service!

I must say, that changing bios is fairly simple with this tool, but the problem is RSA signing!

Leave this way!

See only chance editing the dsdt with "ACPI CALLS" method as in Linux.

Search on google

That's sad, i'd really like to switch to osx, would be very nice for my education, anyway benefits of 6770m for some graphics/gaming apps are hodling me off :S really hate hp now for 2 reasons:

1) locked <<<<<<<<<<<<<< bioses(wouldn't be a big deal, if they would have allowed to disable integrated graphics...)

2) warranty service(they didn't send me new hdd as a replacement one, even though they were telling they did ><) @ Denmark

Anyway i'll look more in-depth into all of this from september, now i'm on my vacation ))

btw, you're using osx as your daily os? :) how's battery compared to windows?

near Sata connector.jpg

That's sad, i'd really like to switch to osx, would be very nice for my education, anyway benefits of 6770m for some graphics/gaming apps are hodling me off :S really hate hp now for 2 reasons:

1) locked

2) warranty service(they didn't send me new hdd as a replacement one, even though they were telling they did >

Anyway i'll look more in-depth into all of this from september, now i'm on my vacation ))

I use only Osx!

Battery life is equal to windows, but with F1a camiloml bios (sp54024 NWL Unlocked menues), with this version you can put-off the discrete video card.

Our video card there, present and active (kext is loaded!!!! consuming battery, check), but can't switch....crazy..no?

@micky1979 on your laptop , the brightness maxed ? i mean u are using the full brightness of your screen ? which model of dv6 you have ? why do u think i suffer from that brightness problem ?

So, I have a DV7 6190-SL

I must say that perhaps my screen does not reach the same brightness on Windows, but I have to say it but the difference is small!

From what you tell me, maybe you have a real problem!

Our laptops even if they are DV6 or DV7 6090, 6150, 6190, 6050 etc. even if they have different acronyms, if they have the same bios ... in fact they are virtually identical!

The display, however, can have very different manufacturers, and with very different behaviors! so do not be surprised if it has a problem and no other!

Give me time, I try to do something for you, maybe this weekend ... because I'm really busy (now I'm at work), and I want to see if anyone has a solution ready!

1) locked

2) warranty service(they didn't send me new hdd as a replacement one, even though they were telling they did >

hey eXtremee one question, you run USB 3.0?

For me only work after sleep (but only if I remove charger just put to sleep).

For this problem, I found an IRQ conflict on HPET below:

in ioreg HPET using IRQ as RP04 (USB 3.0), even though I gave it another in dsdt! :pyth:

My bios version is F.1A, and here's my Extra and DSDT. Thanks a lot!

Try Extras folder included!

Already contains dsdt, if you have one in the root, delete it and lauch Kext Utility!

Extra.zip

Hey Micky!

Are you using

F.1A camiloml bios (sp54024 NWL Unlocked menus) on your laptop?

Mine is F.1A from HP (which has no option for graphics switching mode) and i had some problems with switching graphics in linux (ubuntu).

I'm just curious that your bios has that option and would it be risky to upgrade my bios to modded version? and also what problems do you have with your modded one? is it working fine?

Hey Micky!

Are you using

F.1A camiloml bios (sp54024 NWL Unlocked menus) on your laptop?

Mine is F.1A from HP (which has no option for graphics switching mode) and i had some problems with switching graphics in linux (ubuntu).

I'm just curious that your bios has that option and would it be risky to upgrade my bios to modded version? and also what problems do you have with your modded one? is it working fine?

Camiloml bios can produce semi-brick, that is to say that almost all the options can not be changed! If this happens you should remove the bios battery, but he starts off again!

Do not use if you do not want this to happen!

In my dsdt is present the patch that prevents resetting of the CMOS, and I do not ever happen!

I use this bios!

-f= ignore you org.chameleon.boot.plist....are wrong?

SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload = HD3000 without framebuffer....display not attacched at your videocard......1024x768!

Can you tell me what version of bios you have your lappy? And you can post your Extra folder, and dsdt?

Also, if I delete my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, my system will still boot normally (except for the longer boot time b/c it does not use the kernel cache), and with the usual trackpad problem. Then if I boot with -f my system boots with the SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload Error and with perfect trackpad behavior like before. So it seems the -f is doing something else b/c org.chameleon.Boot.plist is not having an effect.

Also, if I delete my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, my system will still boot normally (except for the longer boot time b/c it does not use the kernel cache), and with the usual trackpad problem. Then if I boot with -f my system boots with the SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload Error and with perfect trackpad behavior like before. So it seems the -f is doing something else b/c org.chameleon.Boot.plist is not having an effect.

Ok, I've made some small progress with this. First, i found that if I copy the PS2Keyboard, PS2Trackpad, and PS2Mouse kexts from the plugins directory in the PS2Controller kext, to S/L/E, I'm able to use a lot more versions of ApplePS2 and VoodooPS2 (before there were only a very select few versions that gave me ANY trackpad functionality). But the glitch problem still remains.

Second, I found that by manually deleting the contents of ~/Library/Caches, /Library/Caches, and /System/Library/Caches, the glitching trackpad problems goes away as long as I don't boot with UseKernelCache=Yes in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I can even run kext utility to rebuild the Kernel/Kext Cache, as long as I don't actually use the UseKernelCache flag, I can keep booting. If I try to boot with UseKernelCache=Yes then the glitching problem comes back. As soon as I don't use UseKernelCache=Yes the glitching problem goes away again though.

I'd like to be able to use the Kernel Chache. Any idea how i might go about fixing this? Thanks!