DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

Guys,

I need help I have a Pavilion DV7 6143CL

I been trying to install Lion on my HP for about 4 weeks now and still can get it to boot, can someone give me a hand or guide me in the right direction please? Thanks for your help

here is the specs of the laptop:

Microprocessor:

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz

Memory:

8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)

Memory Max:

Maximum supported = 16GB

Video Graphics:

Radeon HD 6770M s

Video Memory:

Switchable graphics

Hard Drive:

750GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive:

SuperMulti DVD Burner

Display:

17.3” diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)

Network Card:

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity:

• 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Sound

• Beats Audio with the HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer

Keyboard:

Full-Size Island-Style Keyboard with Integrated Numeric Keypad

Pointing Device:

Touchpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures. With LED border accent light and On/Off button.

External Ports:

• Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital and Multimedia cards

• 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0

• 2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

• 1 HDMI

• 1 VGA (15-pin)

• 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

• 2 Headphone-out

• 1 Microphone-in

For anyone looking for an external USB wifi card, i recommend this:

EDIMAX EW-7811UN - Pic attached below, this card is very small and can just leave it plugged in the laptop when traveling around.

It should also be possible to install a USB card internally, the camera on this laptop uses the USB bus.

post-435806-0-44647400-1333315226_thumb.jpg

Guys,

I need help I have a Pavilion DV7 6143CL

I been trying to install Lion on my HP for about 4 weeks now and still can get it to boot, can someone give me a hand or guide me in the right direction please? Thanks for your help

here is the specs of the laptop:

Microprocessor:

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz

Memory:

8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM)

Memory Max:

Maximum supported = 16GB

Video Graphics:

Radeon HD 6770M s

Video Memory:

Switchable graphics

Hard Drive:

750GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive:

SuperMulti DVD Burner

Display:

17.3” diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)

Network Card:

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity:

• 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Sound

• Beats Audio with the HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer

Keyboard:

Full-Size Island-Style Keyboard with Integrated Numeric Keypad

Pointing Device:

Touchpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures. With LED border accent light and On/Off button.

External Ports:

• Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital and Multimedia cards

• 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0

• 2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

• 1 HDMI

• 1 VGA (15-pin)

• 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

• 2 Headphone-out

• 1 Microphone-in

Hi, you say you can boot in? You have to make a clean installation, then put in Extra/Extensions basic kernel extensions only to boot in the installed copy, like NullCPUPowerManagement, VoodooPS2, FakeSMC and VoodooBattery if you want. Then, once you boot up ( maybe with some flags like busratio=20 or cpus=1 for the lapic error or PCIRootUID=1 for the still waiting root device error ) you have to edit your dsdt and/or find a working kernel for you, and/or find your perfect kexts. May be I can send you mines, cause I have a dv6-6151, and seems pretty much the same specs but for the 6 gB ram rather than 8.

I'm using VoodooHDA for audio and am getting some audio distortion, does anyone else have this problem ?

Also with this driver I can also adjust the volume through the voodoo pref pane, are there any AppleHDA kexts that work for this laptop?

Other than sound and USB 3, I have everything working on this laptop so if anyone needs any help setting up, please let me know.

Thanks

I'm using VoodooHDA for audio and am getting some audio distortion, does anyone else have this problem ?

Also with this driver I can also adjust the volume through the voodoo pref pane, are there any AppleHDA kexts that work for this laptop?

Other than sound and USB 3, I have everything working on this laptop so if anyone needs any help setting up, please let me know.

Thanks

Hey! I have audio working removing AppleHDA from S/L/E, then installing HDAIDT.kext in E/E and a AppleHDA rollback from ###### using @gabrielepizza method:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275566

This is working for me.

I have trouble with voodoobattery, I can Install it without break qe/ci in hd 3000, if i istall it i get error 'snb framebuffer did not show up'

I mean I can't install voodoobattery without blabla...

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, did anyone try to using RBE to change the 6770m ID to 5770m ???

there is some people that have try it and say it works like a charm.

best to all

Where did you read this?

Can u try it and tell us about it

Where did you read this?

Can u try it and tell us about it

follow this link

https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=30919&p=195128

it workssss HEUREKKAaaa..... ALL I DID WAS :

go to windows 7 :

run gpu z..... extracted bios...loaded into ATI BIOS EDITOR (ABE) then i changed

card to 5770

and vendor id to : 1002

then i saved bios.rom and loaded into "Winflash" (wich is intergrated into ABE) and flashed the card......

..rebranding it to 5770 and now i got full QE CI SUpport in osx : ))))) yeaaaa : )

As you all know, megaupload was taken down by the FBI. Does anyone have a link where this image can be downloaded?

I'd like to give this a whirl on my HP Envy 15-3040nr as every other method that I've attempted to use has been an utter failure... as in I can't even get the installer to load and I've done many many fully working hackintosh setups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks for the link Clovs: http://www.t411.me/torrents/mac-os-x-lion-sur-pc-hp-dv6-multilingue-hackintosh

I'm running into the same issues with this package as I have in the past with other installation methods such as the Uniboot, iATKOS L2, etc.

The issue is that the screen never comes up and shows a blank or black screen. It's difficult to pinpoint this as either an ATI 7690M / 6770M or an Intel HD3000 issue.

Perhaps it's trying to output through HDMI or DisplayPort? I don't know as I have no way of testing. The last thing that I see before the screen goes blue and then quickly to black is "DSMOS has loaded"

I'm going to keep working through this. If anyone can lend a tip or suggestion that would be excellent

EDIT: Got it. I used the following kernel switches "-v -f -x" and got in, installed everything then was able to begin moving kext files around to reach a stable testing platform. I can now boot without having to use safe mode and the boot time is fast with a kernel cache.

Cheers

follow this link https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=30919&p=195128 it workssss HEUREKKAaaa..... ALL I DID WAS : go to windows 7 : run gpu z..... extracted bios...loaded into ATI BIOS EDITOR (ABE) then i changed card to 5770 and vendor id to : 1002 then i saved bios.rom and loaded into "Winflash" (wich is intergrated into ABE) and flashed the card...... ..rebranding it to 5770 and now i got full QE CI SUpport in osx : ))))) yeaaaa : )

Thanks man :)

But when i am trying to save the BIOS using GPU-Z 0.6.2 i got the following message:

bios reading not supported on this device

How did you extracted your bios?

Thanks man :)

But when i am trying to save the BIOS using GPU-Z 0.6.2 i got the following message:

r HPs

How did you extracted your bios?

hello,

yes that´s the error that appears in mine too, i think it must be related to the fack that the graphic bios is joined with the system bios in ours HPs,

maybe in the next cpu-z should add support for that. i´m still searching for a solution to this problem. maybe some one more expert could solve this issue.

hello,

yes that´s the error that appears in mine too, i think it must be related to the fack that the graphic bios is joined with the system bios in ours HPs,

maybe in the next cpu-z should add support for that. i´m still searching for a solution to this problem. maybe some one more expert could solve this issue.

Yep, looking at the person who had made it work, it looks like he has a desktop PC:

System: G31TM-P21 4 GB Ram Dual Screen ®apple keyboard and magic mouse

CPU: core 2 duo 3.4 Ghz SB-Xfi Surround 5.1

Graphics: ATI 6770 1 Gb DDR5 Nvidia GT 240

iOS: samsung galaxy s - android

Hello.

Im trying to run this (how should I call this? - distro(?)) on dv7 6030ew. Specs are:

• CPU - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5-2410M
  • Memory - 4 GB DDR3
  • Graphic - AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1 GB DDR5)

I was able to pass install, and boot (few installs, few boots) with variation of:

• cpus=1 busratio=23 arch=i386 -x -v -f (time to time without some of flag)
  • and putting keyboard usb after installation due a "keyboard not found" bug

But after that point im clueless what to do. I tried to use the guide posted by @gabrielepizza2010 (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=275566) but as far i can deduct the kernel version does not match the version from install dmg provided in this topic and its causing errors (whole time using verbose mode). Without any kind of boot flags im just geting on booting/installation process a "to shutdown" message. Beside virtualization im quite new to hackintosh idea.

The biggest puzzle for me is the problem with error reproduction. They tend to be totaly random. After that i tried to make fresh new appstore flash with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] - but no matter what - it didnt actualy work beside 1 time (seriously wtf with this?). Now, even this "distro" dont want to pass to installation process (even when cleaning up whole partition table to none - on the first test times i learned that they can cause problems with install boot) just by flickring screen for less then a second and going to black screen (propablly gona do few more flashes... again).

Can anyone provide like some kind of help/guide/hint please ? After loads of reading i know this model can support at least - the needed resolution (1600 x 900) and audio drvs (6770M would be nice also:()) and thats im trying to get .

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone looking for an external USB wifi card, i recommend this: EDIMAX EW-7811UN - Pic attached below, this card is very small and can just leave it plugged in the laptop when traveling around. It should also be possible to install a USB card internally, the camera on this laptop uses the USB bus.
Did it work under 10.7.3?

Hey every1! After long time with no osx86 - soon i'll try to get back to the work, on getting 6770m to work. I'm still pretty sure that we can get 6770m to work if we'll disable intel hd3000 in bios.

Recently i've found a: http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Insyde/sp55068_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe

By installing this bios + doing:

Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]

Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme

we should be able to get rid of intel hd3000 and make 6770m work on osx86(as well as stock ati drivers for windows = success!). ATM i'm really busy with my exams, and can't risk my laptop, spend bunch of time near it as well as i don't have osx86 at all - so if some1 would be able to try this bios it would be very nice! p.s. before flashing this bios read about semi-bricks/bios restore and stickies on bios-mods forum! Personally i'll either try this bios in the end of next week or either after all exams - in the end of june/start of july. That's why i'm posting this information here, since that people would be able to try if the solution would work!

Hey every1! After long time with no osx86 - soon i'll try to get back to the work, on getting 6770m to work. I'm still pretty sure that we can get 6770m to work if we'll disable intel hd3000 in bios.

Recently i've found a: http://www.bios-mods..._ByCamiloml.exe

By installing this bios + doing:

Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]

Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme

we should be able to get rid of intel hd3000 and make 6770m work on osx86(as well as stock ati drivers for windows = success!). ATM i'm really busy with my exams, and can't risk my laptop, spend bunch of time near it as well as i don't have osx86 at all - so if some1 would be able to try this bios it would be very nice! p.s. before flashing this bios read about semi-bricks/bios restore and stickies on bios-mods forum! Personally i'll either try this bios in the end of next week or either after all exams - in the end of june/start of july. That's why i'm posting this information here, since that people would be able to try if the solution would work!

Hi, problem is just that bios. We can not use that bios because when we all go to save any of those setting, we will have a semibrick. HP has signed w private keys this bios so every save give you a semibrick to next boot. Don t use that bios, never..

We all must send email to HP to ask that next bios revision can have those setting free and unlock for the final user, like me and you.

So... :)

I created a topic here: w_w_w.bios-mods._com/fo_rum/Thread-HP-dv7-6xxx-2011-bios-unlock-request (remove _'s)

Some activity there could result in positive output from moderators - which may result in normal bios unlock.

p.s. hopefully i can post links on insanely, if not - please delete this message :/

Really good, hope in this. Btw i have already written many email to HP to unlock those options in next bios revision. So please do this too you and everyone interesting to this problem ;)

For example i found this amazing topic here http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/31296-RSA-Signed-Image/page13

Read all and you understand why that bios unlock for now is f......

Hi all, I've also done a request here:

http://www.bios-mods...g-new-hack-bios

After numerous attempts, the bios F1a of @camiloml, accepted for once, to disable the HD3000, without reset CMOS .... The system boots with black screen, but with backlight (ATI HD6770m) :king:

..................... unmistakable sign .....

maybe I did something different, such as touching the power button during save to CMOS, and only to next reboot I got error 502 and the CMOS has reset itself.

The way is the hack bios!!!!!!!!

Please participate in my topic on bios-mods, show interest by your:

I'm wondering if they can change the default settings of the bios, not to be forced to save the CMOS

Micky

EDIT

In the NWL Camiloml'Unlockedsp54024 bios I've tried, these options are available:

APIC Enable / Disable

USBLegacy Enable / Disable

This suggests that if we can resolve these options, we could use the vanilla kernel (no Lapić fix), and perhaps PXHCD.kext without freez

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

thanks for this topic ;)

i have hp dv6-6c50se

i read all comments in this topic :)

there's many problem in DVx ,

1-lapic fix

2-f*** bios , can't replace wlan

3-native brightness (without sleep its 80% + with sleep it's 100%) + FN keys need change

4-many others

-----------

we need instruction ; HOW we can disable external GPU from DSDT to save our battery , you will get wear level 30% after 1 month ;(

--------------

68-245-171-115:~ GNOM$ lspci -nn
pcilib: 0000:07:00.0 64-bit device address ignored.
pcilib: 0000:00:02.0 64-bit device address ignored.
pcilib: 0000:01:00.0 64-bit device address ignored.
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:0104] (rev 09)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:0101] (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:0116] (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c2d] (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c20] (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c10] (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c12] (rev b5)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c14] (rev b5)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c16] (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c26] (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c49] (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c03] (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c22] (rev 05)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6740]
07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 06)
0d:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:008b] (rev 34)
13:00.0 Unknown class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Unknown device [10ec:5209] (rev 01)
13:00.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Unknown device [10ec:5209] (rev 01)
19:00.0 USB Controller [0c03]: NEC Corporation Unknown device [1033:0194] (rev 04)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for this topic ;)

i have hp dv6-6c50se

i read all comments in this topic :)

there's many problem in DVx ,

1-lapic fix

2-f*** bios , can't replace wlan

3-native brightness (without sleep its 80% + with sleep it's 100%) + FN keys need change

4-many others

-----------

we need instruction ; HOW we can disable external GPU from DSDT to save our battery , you will get wear level 30% after 1 month ;(

--------------

68-245-171-115:~ GNOM$ lspci -nn
pcilib: 0000:00:02.0 64-bit device address ignored.
pcilib: 0000:01:00.0 64-bit device address ignored.
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:0104] (rev 09)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:0101] (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:0116] (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c2d] (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c20] (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c10] (rev b5)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c12] (rev b5)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c14] (rev b5)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c16] (rev b5)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c26] (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c49] (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c03] (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:1c22] (rev 05)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6740]
07:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 06)
0d:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:008b] (rev 34)
13:00.0 Unknown class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Unknown device [10ec:5209] (rev 01)
13:00.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Unknown device [10ec:5209] (rev 01)
19:00.0 USB Controller [0c03]: NEC Corporation Unknown device [1033:0194] (rev 04)

With bios F1a No Withelist Unlocked by camiloml (http://www.bios-mods..._ByCamiloml.exe), you can change your wifi card (Centrino Wireless-N 1030 not work I think) and switch off discrete videocard, to save battery!

Only problem with your bios check if you have F1a or F1b series! I think it's different on dv 6 with half point in the numbers (my 6190, your 6c50, letter "c" in the middle), ensure this!

To activate keys brightness is simple:

plug an external usb keyboard, then go to "System Preferences> Keyboard" now you can see the "Monitor" icon on the left side.

Assign key F2 to lower brightness, F3 key to get up.

The change is permanent!

bye

Hey guys want to try this?

is a installer I did, he install a custom override files for your display, and make appear "Internal Led Panel" istead of "sp_display" in System profiler!

We did this on tonymacx86 through philip_petev that created script to automate the work of CharredPC (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=208410)

try!

EDID Notebook Installer 1.0.zip