[HELP][PRE-INSTALL ISSUE][Dell Latitude E6500] Stuck on "Waiting for DSMOS" after modifying my vanilla USB install

bassist93

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone!

Since I'm a old Hackintosh user,this is the first time I post here.After almost 2 years I'm using Hackintosh (Leopard and SL) on my Netbook I decided to put SL on my Notebook. Since I couldn't find a 10.6.6 dmg (that would support all my hardware NATIVELY!) I decided to start from 10.6 retail SL and update it later. I initially followed this guide: http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

In a first time I was able to boot,but nor my keyboard,neither my Hard disk was detected.Then I discovered that the EP45UD3P package mentioned in the guide (that i thought it was generic) is specific for a Gigabyte motherboard,more precisely the EP45UD3P model. So I decided to substitute all the boot files (boot,mach_kernel,Extra/extensions folder) and this resulted in a infinite "Waiting for DSMOS" statement. This is the screenshot of SL loading and getting stuck there:

img20110913215503.jpg

So I thought I had to remove dsmos kext in order to solve the conflict with fakesmc kext. Great idea,but dsmos kext wasn't there ç.ç (I looked in S/L/E and E/E).

So my question is: Is there a way I can get my HD recognized with the configuration suggested by the guide,to avoid the DSMOS error,or should I follow another way to install SL? Moreover,in my area it's quite difficult to find a Dual layer DVD,especially if RW,so my only solution remains my 16 GB usb stick. And I would prefer not to install a custom SL release,that surely would have worse hardware compatibility.

I'm waiting for your replies!

Thanks in advance :)

Dario