• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

skaboot

skaboot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum and if this topic has already been started elsewhere in the forum.

I have a Mac Pro 2006 Model. The logic/mother board is bad. Does anyone know if I can take a 2008 (or newer) board and replace my 2006 board? I understand I'll have to get a new CPU(s) and possibly other hardware which may be incompatible with a 2008 board.

I just want to know if a 2008 Logic Board is a direct fit in a 2006 Mac Pro chassis.

Any input would be extremely helpful!

Thanks

LucasIsEpic

LucasIsEpic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 52 posts
hello there, first things first, welcome to the forum
second thing, :no
i had the same issue when i was building my 2008 mac pro and had a 2006 logic board, they were incompatible unfortunately, slightly different io and different ram riser locations prohibit the switching of logic boards .
sorry

skaboot

skaboot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply...I figured I would have to stick with a 2006 L/B.

LucasIsEpic

LucasIsEpic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 52 posts
you should be able to pick up a 2006 logic board for not much more, or even a 2007 model as they are pretty much identical. i wouldn't give up on the mac yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy