LIM - Lion Image Maker

oswaldini

18 posts in this topic

LIM.png

LIM - Lion Image Maker

compatible with Snow Leopard and Lion

7.09.2011 - Released the first public version- 1.0.0

9.09.2011 - Add missing "-force" flag - 1.0.1

The program is designed to automatically prepare the DVD image or any kind of disk (eg. pendrive / hdd / ssd / memory card) with Mac OS X Lion. The program was written in AppleScript.

Requirements:

- Blank DVD-R(W) to burn image or any kind of disk (eg. pendrive / hdd / ssd / memory card) with a capacity of 4.5GB at least.

- Mac OS X Lion in Application folder or anywhere on the disk.

Features:

- Prepare the Lion installation image to burn to DVD.

- Prepare the Lion installation image with MBR support to burn to DVD. Only for 10.7.0 !

- Prepare the Lion installation disk.

- Prepare the Lion installation disk with MBR support. Only for 10.7.0 !

- Each MBR option has also taken off the board-id check.

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9641107/LIM/LIM.zip

Screenshots:

1.png8.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

Please report me any bugs in this thread.

IMPORTANT ! If you have only InstallESD.dmg do this:

1) Create a folder "Install Mac OS X Lion" in /Applications.
2) Add the Contents/SharedSupport folders in it.
3) Add the InstallESD.dmg file in the SharedSupport folder.
4) Now add .app at the end of Install Mac OS X Lion folder. There should be a Forbidden sign on it, but it does not matter.
5) Launch LIM and it should detect the app automatically

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY All-Seeing Interactive ''AS IS'' AND ANY   EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED   WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE   DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL All-Seeing Interactive BE LIABLE FOR ANY   DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES   (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;   LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND   ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT   (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS   SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

It works with every Lion version. Only MBR support is for 10.7.0

Thanks for this App. Annoyingly though I am getting the message that Lion cannot be installed on this computer.

I had used the app to make the image on a partition of the disk I intended to then install to. I.e. I had a two partition disk, 10.6.8 on 1st partition, the image on the second partition and on re-starting from the install image I got the message.

The thing is though I know for a fact that Lion can be installed to my system as I already have Lion installed on a separate (different) hard drive on the same PC.

All best and thanks for your help.

EDIT: Following the comment on SMBIOS (see below) all worked as advertised.

Thanks.

Annoyingly though I am getting the message that Lion cannot be installed on this computer.

Your problem is incorrect SMBIOS ! Use Chameleon Wizard and apply one of prepared smbios, next reboot computer and try again.

PS: MBR option has also taken off the board-id check.

zoliky and cartuxo - you don't have Lion app from Mac App Store but only InstallESD.dmg. Do this:

4) Now add .app at the end of Install Mac OS X Lion folder. There should be a Forbidden sign on it, but it does not matter.

PS: Update in first post.

zoliky and cartuxo - you don't have Lion app from Mac App Store but only InstallESD.dmg. Do this:

PS: Update in first post.

Thank you oswaldini.

• 1 year later...