11c55 lion available (17 Sept: 11c57 ! )

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

this is odd :D

in System Preferences there are some options with already unlocked padlock, wt :D !

i restarted, to make sure.

can anybody confirm this behaviour, too?

CooSee ' Ya

To have all locked :

Go to "Security" in Sysprefs, there is an option to have OSX demand the admin password for all delicate settings in Sysprefs, thus having most of the settings locked again.

To confirm : mine is also unset, some options in sysprefs are pre-unlocked. But with above setting you can revert it to stronger security. :P

Can't remember if I checked that security options before the update. This is my backup Lion which pretty much is unmodified, the one I used before I have erased.

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 572 posts

Go to "Security" in Sysprefs, there is an option to have OSX demand the admin password for all delicate settings in Sysprefs, thus having most of the settings locked again

you're right, i missed that option :blink: :wacko:

actually i always use this option.

good to know, i thought it has something to do with the Update!

thx ;)

CooSee ' Ya

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
icloud.com on the web is now also accepting logins from within 11c55 .. ( i am no developer ) .

I went to https://me.com and was redirected to migrate to iCloud.. and obviously it works :

calendar,contacts,mail are there :

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_09_14_um_11.22.15.png   1.6MB   84 downloads

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_09_14_um_11.19.02.png   858.43KB   44 downloads

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_09_14_um_11.28.31.png   679.89KB   37 downloads

find my iPhone :

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_09_14_um_11.05.44.png   1.96MB   61 downloads

and iwork for iOS via webinterface ( can't test with my versions of iWork ) :

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_09_14_um_11.21.28.png   927.86KB   52 downloads

Edited by smartie77, 14 September 2011 - 09:30 AM.

allenwkk

allenwkk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
upgrading from 10.7.1 to C55 is straight forward... only to replace the appleHDA.kext for my sound card.

the changes previous made like
- Trim enabler for the flash drive
- patch for CMOS reset after sleep
- patch to stop windows auto-openning after restart/login.

are all untouched.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,880 posts
iCloud.
For me never worked.
I always get :
This device can not be used to sign up for a free MobileMe service. Log on with an iPhone or an iPod touch 4 the 4th Generation.
Dieses Gerät kann nicht zur Anmeldung für den kostenlosen MobileMe-Dienst verwendet werden. Melden Sie sich mit einem iPhone 4 oder einem iPod touch der 4. Generation an.

???? But whats with mackintosh or Macs?! I don't have iPhone or iPad or an existing MobileMe account.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

iCloud.
For me never worked.
I always get :
This device can not be used to sign up for a free MobileMe service. Log on with an iPhone or an iPod touch 4 the 4th Generation.
Dieses Gerät kann nicht zur Anmeldung für den kostenlosen MobileMe-Dienst verwendet werden. Melden Sie sich mit einem iPhone 4 oder einem iPod touch der 4. Generation an.

???? But whats with mackintosh or Macs?! I don't have iPhone or iPad or an existing MobileMe account.

I had that message only in 11c48. NOW I have an iPod, but I registered for iCloud BEFORE I bought/registered that device with Lion 11c55 so it should work perfectly fine without having to need a idevice. Also the iPod runs iOS 4.3.5 now. I only had iOS beta on it for a day or so.

In fact - when I log out of iCloud.com and log in with my second Apple-ID which is not registered with 10.7.2 , and type in that account in the page I get this , which seems to indicate that you are automatically iCloud user if you have EITHER Lion 10.7.2 OR/AND a iOS5 device..

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_09_17_um_10.11.50.png   1.38MB   73 downloads

clicking on "weitere Info" leads to this dev page

BTW : 11C57 is out, again iCloud part of it ..

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

- patch to stop windows auto-openning after restart/login.

Would you mind sharing as to how to implement such a patch? :) Thanks!

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Anybody cares this option on 10.7.2 at Sercurity Pre on System Preference ---> Sercurity & Privacy :

Posted Image

Any information about my mac, and me sent to Apple ?

HFW

HFW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Anybody cares this option on 10.7.2 at Sercurity Pre on System Preference ---> Sercurity & Privacy :

Shows up in all versions of Lion.

And click the question mark? That tells you what info they collect.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted Image

Apple will not knock on your door and come after you ;-)

I use hackintosh systems since 2007 and Apple does know this for every single case. I sent crash reports, diagnostics, registered apps with Apple, bought on iTunes, on Mac App Store etc..

Nothing ever happened.

So do not panic. They know already more then you think.

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
So they're accepted the truth as many Hackintosh still alive beside Real Mac =)) ! Maybe someday they will over the door for Hackintosh's world ;))

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

So they're accepted the truth as many Hackintosh still alive beside Real Mac =)) ! Maybe someday they will over the door for Hackintosh's world :))

Neither OS X nor any of their "pro apps" are their core business these days, Apple fully focusses on iOS and iDevices.

Steve Jobs introduced the term "post-PC-era" with iCloud. So OS X on a desktop/Laptop machine is clearly not what they are onto primary. I would not even wonder if one day the Mac is abandoned and they only produce iDevices in the future. Official OSX86 ? No.

Also Apple has not "accepted the truth". They simply don't care about it.

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Hope Mac OS X Still alive :thumbsup_anim: !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy