11c55 lion available (17 Sept: 11c57 ! )

smartie77

33 posts in this topic

iCloud.

For me never worked.

I always get :

This device can not be used to sign up for a free MobileMe service. Log on with an iPhone or an iPod touch 4 the 4th Generation.

Dieses Gerät kann nicht zur Anmeldung für den kostenlosen MobileMe-Dienst verwendet werden. Melden Sie sich mit einem iPhone 4 oder einem iPod touch der 4. Generation an.

???? But whats with mackintosh or Macs?! I don't have iPhone or iPad or an existing MobileMe account.

I had that message only in 11c48. NOW I have an iPod, but I registered for iCloud BEFORE I bought/registered that device with Lion 11c55 so it should work perfectly fine without having to need a idevice. Also the iPod runs iOS 4.3.5 now. I only had iOS beta on it for a day or so.

In fact - when I log out of iCloud.com and log in with my second Apple-ID which is not registered with 10.7.2 , and type in that account in the page I get this , which seems to indicate that you are automatically iCloud user if you have EITHER Lion 10.7.2 OR/AND a iOS5 device..

post-156995-1316247197_thumb.png

clicking on "weitere Info" leads to this dev page

BTW : 11C57 is out, again iCloud part of it ..

Anybody cares this option on 10.7.2 at Sercurity Pre on System Preference ---> Sercurity & Privacy :

Any information about my mac, and me sent to Apple ?

Shows up in all versions of Lion.

And click the question mark? That tells you what info they collect.

Anybody cares this option on 10.7.2 at Sercurity Pre on System Preference ---> Sercurity & Privacy :

ScreenShot2011-09-19at92759PM.png

Any information about my mac, and me sent to Apple ?

Apple will not knock on your door and come after you ;-)

I use hackintosh systems since 2007 and Apple does know this for every single case. I sent crash reports, diagnostics, registered apps with Apple, bought on iTunes, on Mac App Store etc..

Nothing ever happened.

So do not panic. They know already more then you think.

So they're accepted the truth as many Hackintosh still alive beside Real Mac =)) ! Maybe someday they will over the door for Hackintosh's world :))

Neither OS X nor any of their "pro apps" are their core business these days, Apple fully focusses on iOS and iDevices.

Steve Jobs introduced the term "post-PC-era" with iCloud. So OS X on a desktop/Laptop machine is clearly not what they are onto primary. I would not even wonder if one day the Mac is abandoned and they only produce iDevices in the future. Official OSX86 ? No.

Also Apple has not "accepted the truth". They simply don't care about it.