11c55 lion available (17 Sept: 11c57 ! )

smartie77

33 posts in this topic

:rolleyes:

I hope the high 5x build number tells us 10.7.2 might be near or is final .. Find it at your usual "developer" places.

this is the 6th release of just nothing but a point release.. one should think so. In reality it is the biggest update to Lion ever : all apps,all frameworks all kexts = everything changes with 10.7.2.. speak of "Lion as it should have been". So prepare for the day.

edit : iCloud is included in the OS now. no separate packages.

IOPCI gets replaced with this again. VoodooBattery will not work until reversed to 10.6.7 kext

Modded Ati Mobility Shrike 4650 in my Link ( sig )

post-156995-1315807014_thumb.png

Edited by smartie77

I'm running a mbp late 2008 with lion 10.7.1 build 11b26 on it.

The beta won't let me install as it tells me my boot drive doesn't meet the requirements.

As far as I can read in dev.apple.com, the build needs either 10.7.2 prior to this release (using revisioner) or 10.7.1 GM ... which build should also be 11b26 as the version I have installed.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: SOLVED!

Never mind my question, solved it myself: I had the server app installed, so Lion turns to "OSX Lion Server 10.7.1" and is therefore not allowed to be upgraded by the beta.

For everyone else having this issue: you can't just delete the server.app, instead you need to stop all installed services (Script can be found here!) and delete /System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist. Reboot and although every single one of the 20'000+ installed files from the server.app is still in place, your system version won't show no server anymore.

--

sheep

10.7.1 GM to 11C55 worked. ( applehda removed,ati patches and older iopci )

iCloud lets me log in with my official Apple ID, even the @me.com is in Mail activated .. :-)

This all seems very finished and working well.

post-156995-1315828597_thumb.png

For those who just update it to the new Lion 10.7.2 (11C35) "Developers", do you guys notice the new update of "Launchpad" ? Now the icons looks bigger!!..... wtf !!! It looks pretty bad, at least for me..

Yes this is normal. 10.7 and 10.7.1 have smaller icons . But somebody at Apple has decided to make them bigger.

So before it's the same that already ?

What is your Question please ?

The icon-size for LP's content has changed in 10.7.2, and this will be the new size now forever as Apple does not change it back in all recent builds. That simple. And no you can't change it as far as I have digger to the files, it is a fixed size.

Launchpad is more or less a useless eye-candy thing, so why complain anywhere ?

No problems upgrading from the previous beta (11C48), GA-X58A-UDR3 + 9800GTX; however, I can't vouch for sound as I use an iMic. I still can't log in to iCloud despite the fact it's running fine on my iPhone 4 and iPad (i.e. not an account creation issue).

Reversioned and installed combo update.

No problems upgrading from the previous beta (11C48), GA-X58A-UDR3 + 9800GTX; however, I can't vouch for sound as I use an iMic. I still can't log in to iCloud despite the fact it's running fine on my iPhone 4 and iPad (i.e. not an account creation issue).

Reversioned and installed combo update.

I created the account in earlier betas ( c37 I guess ) // Now logged in iCloud from OSX c55 , then I played with a jailbroken iOS5beta7 on my touch 4G and set up that to also use iCloud for almost everything - and the first time ever I saw it working live. Everything on my iPod was also on the Laptop.mails,notes,contacts etc - without iTunes launched in between.

I don't liked the tethered jb and later faced some issues with iOS, so I reverted it back to official 4.3.5 and therefore have lost all iCloud related features naturally on the touch.

But OSX still logged on there and mail is working still. Only Apple knows if iCloud has now revisions of my iOS iWork documents together with my OSX iWork data combined hanging in their "cloud" , waiting for the iDevice to fetch it one fine day :)

Now I need to figure out how to get rid of iTunes10.5b7 and revert it to 10.4.1.. there is a time bomb ticking I think and also its now English UI only in tunes.. but ok, the price for having one night of iOS5 and iCloud syncing..

Later this month we can get it all is what I hear from those "trusted" sources. And that would be also the date for 10.7.2 final and iTunes 10.5 final. So.. tragedies/experimentes with only a short period to struggle with.

this is odd :D

in System Preferences there are some options with already unlocked padlock, wt :D !

i restarted, to make sure.

can anybody confirm this behaviour, too?

CooSee ' Ya

To have all locked :

Go to "Security" in Sysprefs, there is an option to have OSX demand the admin password for all delicate settings in Sysprefs, thus having most of the settings locked again.

To confirm : mine is also unset, some options in sysprefs are pre-unlocked. But with above setting you can revert it to stronger security. :P

Can't remember if I checked that security options before the update. This is my backup Lion which pretty much is unmodified, the one I used before I have erased.

Go to "Security" in Sysprefs, there is an option to have OSX demand the admin password for all delicate settings in Sysprefs, thus having most of the settings locked again

you're right, i missed that option :blink::wacko:

actually i always use this option.

good to know, i thought it has something to do with the Update!

thx ;)

CooSee ' Ya

icloud.com on the web is now also accepting logins from within 11c55 .. ( i am no developer ) .

I went to https://me.com and was redirected to migrate to iCloud.. and obviously it works :

calendar,contacts,mail are there :

post-156995-1315992220_thumb.png

post-156995-1315992041_thumb.png

post-156995-1315992639_thumb.png

find my iPhone :

post-156995-1315991332_thumb.png

and iwork for iOS via webinterface ( can't test with my versions of iWork ) :

post-156995-1315992110_thumb.png

Edited by smartie77

upgrading from 10.7.1 to C55 is straight forward... only to replace the appleHDA.kext for my sound card.

the changes previous made like

- Trim enabler for the flash drive

- patch for CMOS reset after sleep

- patch to stop windows auto-openning after restart/login.

are all untouched.

iCloud.

For me never worked.

I always get :

This device can not be used to sign up for a free MobileMe service. Log on with an iPhone or an iPod touch 4 the 4th Generation.

Dieses Gerät kann nicht zur Anmeldung für den kostenlosen MobileMe-Dienst verwendet werden. Melden Sie sich mit einem iPhone 4 oder einem iPod touch der 4. Generation an.

???? But whats with mackintosh or Macs?! I don't have iPhone or iPad or an existing MobileMe account.