Photoshop CS5 slow to death ?

medorpg

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I used to have OS X 10.6.8 which Photoshop CS5 runs great on it

but with a new clean installation of Lion Photoshop runs sooooo sloooooooow

everything I do takes the usual time plus 5 seconds, I dont have any addons or fonts or anything just the default stuff

When I use the type tool things are messed up, Photoshop hangs every 5 seconds when type tool is selected.

(I tried to disable the OpenGL drawing but still)

Anyone knows whats causing that ?

Now I don't think the upgrade was worth it :(

If someone developed apps to simulate the launchpad and mission control on 10.6.8 I will leave this Lion till they fix these issues.

Hello everyone,

I used to have OS X 10.6.8 which Photoshop CS5 runs great on it

but with a new clean installation of Lion Photoshop runs sooooo sloooooooow

everything I do takes the usual time plus 5 seconds, I dont have any addons or fonts or anything just the default stuff

When I use the type tool things are messed up, Photoshop hangs every 5 seconds when type tool is selected.

(I tried to disable the OpenGL drawing but still)

Anyone knows whats causing that ?

Now I don't think the upgrade was worth it :(

If someone developed apps to simulate the launchpad and mission control on 10.6.8 I will leave this Lion till they fix these issues.

Real Macs have the same issues, so it is one of those Bugs ( or "features" *g* ) in Lion.

See these topics here at the Apple Lion Forum and you know you are not alone and that it is not related to the hackintosh thing :

Photoshop and Premiere CS5 performing slow in Lion

Lion is unusable in its current form. At least for everything production. 10.7.2 will be the real thing, believe me.

Thanks for the reply,

I will wait and see if they will fix it or not :S

It's so sad to see such poor testing for a great OS such Mac (I was also disappointed to hear about the LDAP Password vulnerability )

Do you know when the 10.7.2 will be released ?

Thanks for the reply,

I will wait and see if they will fix it or not :S

It's so sad to see such poor testing for a great OS such Mac (I was also disappointed to hear about the LDAP Password vulnerability )

Do you know when the 10.7.2 will be released ?

Apple releases betas of it all few days new builds together with ios5 , new itunes, new icloud and updated iphoto..

this will be a huge release, alone ios5 is a big thing. Think "lion for iphones". So this has to work together all hand in hand and be tested before they release it.

10.7.2 had 5 or 6 betas until now and it is a big update, 600-700MB, includes all updated apps,frameworks,kexts. In short words it will replace half of Lions files, thus fixing most of what is now broken.

I would say this month might see the final builds. My iPod touch is waiting for ios5 and new pages app... my Hackbook is waiting painfully for 10.7.2 to have QuickTime fixed ( "trim" is broken in 10.7 and 10.7.1, try yourself. )

Well, we will wait and see..

But why didn't they include these fixes before release :P ??????????

because it is Apple. They do what they do, what Steve wants, what the horoscope tells them or whatever their rules are, but Apple never does what you or I would think they "should" do or what most people would say is "logic"..

It's part of using their stuff and soft.. getting used to rumors and "strange decisions" in all the years :)