How much would I get?

jcruzlara

4 posts in this topic

Hi I bought a Power mac G3 the other day and I was really impressed. I really liked the feeling of owning an actual Mac so I've been thinking about selling my computer to get a G4 or G4 and I was wondering how much I would get. I use it as a Media Center here's the specs. ECS K8M800-M2 motherboard, Sempron 64 2800 OC to 1.8ghz, either 300gb or 200gb serial ata hd(don't know I friend the old one and yea...), 500 power supply, 512mb of ram, Microsoft MCE remote control, Geforce 6200, DVD burner, and this case. I haven't used it that much just had it for a year, built it my self. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Honestly? That's not much as far as specs go. SATA is nice, but your RAM is seriously lacking, and 1.8GHz is nothing compared to the new dual core processors.

$300-$350 maybe?

I have a 2.8GHz HT P4 machine with 2GB DDR RAM, an ATI AIW 9600 128MB video card, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card, dual-layer DVD +/- burner plus a DVD-ROM, 360GB total drive space (both IDE, but there are two SATA channels on the board), plus firewire and a PCI buffalo wireless card installed. The video card was $160 when I got it; the ram was $160 per 1GB kit, the dual-layer burner was like $90...but now I wouldn't expect to get more than about $400 for it, and that's really pushing it.

Desktops don't age well at all... :)