Why need reset twice

wizardlee

2 posts in this topic

My x86 Lion has a strange issue. Every time I want to reboot, I choose "Restart..." from top left menu. When rebooting, the computer is trying to load boot menu, then:

1) sometimes keyboard freeze, but the timer is still counting.

2) sometimes, it reports: disk error, press any key to reboot. But keyboard is freeze.

To reboot, I have to press the hardware reset button. Then everything is ok. But if I restart from Windows, the computer restart without issue.

Thanks very much if any reply.

My computer: i3 530, Gigabyte H55M-D2H, HD 4850, WinXpSp3 + Lion. Network+Audio+Video works well in Lion.

My x86 Lion has a strange issue. Every time I want to reboot, I choose "Restart..." from top left menu. When rebooting, the computer is trying to load boot menu, then:

1) sometimes keyboard freeze, but the timer is still counting.

2) sometimes, it reports: disk error, press any key to reboot. But keyboard is freeze.

To reboot, I have to press the hardware reset button. Then everything is ok. But if I restart from Windows, the computer restart without issue.

Thanks very much if any reply.

My computer: i3 530, Gigabyte H55M-D2H, HD 4850, WinXpSp3 + Lion. Network+Audio+Video works well in Lion.

BIOS reset , it's a OSX issue on non-Apple-Hardware, happening on some machines.

To fix it you must use a patched AppleRTC.kext in combination with Elliotforcelegacy.kext. Both in /System/Library/Extensions.

Also make sure to use a not so old bootloader, best the latest chameleon , this cures also the facetime errors and other Lion issues.

OR mod your DSDT , but that's only for experts. The two kexts above will also help. You can grab all the files from my Lion Guide, see signature.