hp pavilion dv9005us

pdiddles03

5 posts in this topic

So, I've tried using multiple distros on this thing. I got this forfree ffrom someone I work with because it didn't work any more. I fixed it, and want to try and install snow leo on this.

I don't know the specs by heart, but I do know it has a amd x2 processor. forgot what kind. 1 gig ram, which I plan on getting more. and a broadcom wificard. I know the wificard will work with os x because I tried it in a different hackbook and it worked.

Every time I try to boot iatkos s3v2 or v7 or even ipc, it tells me either that I am missing apple.boot.plist or in s3v2, it tells me I have a bios error. I"m going to update the bios because it hasn't been updated in forever, maybe itwill help. Has anyone installed on this specpific model? or a model with similar hardware?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i got it to boot and it boots into installation disc. Now my rpoblem is when I start to install the disk, it just hangs at about 18 minutes and then eventually fails because it can't install some packge called intel.10.6.3 or whatever. I have even went down to version 10.5.2 and it does the same thing.

Any help please!!!!!

Ok well I can boot into 10.5.4 and when I install, I install the base system only. it stops at the point where it says "validating package payload". and won't go on from there. could this be because I'm trying to boot with 2 cores on my AMD?

I have a hard time believing no one else has tried this on this model laptop.