Samsung R590 Overheating and thermal shutdown

sethx

1 post in this topic

Hello,

This is more of a "me too" post.

I recentley [back in february] purchased a Samsung R590 Laptop [Model number NP-R590-JS03AT].

I operate my laptop in a dust free and dirt free environment. Yes, i am aware of what dust clogs can do in a cpu/gpu thermal dissipator, but trust me, the dissipator is clean.

Here's the thing:

In February i was happy as i could be. Then the summer came. Ambient temperatures have risen.

Now every time i open up a game [stuff like TF2, amnesia or other GPU instensive ones] or watch more than one movie [.mov] at the same time, or even right now, simply pointing chrome to http://ro.me and messing around with it for 10 minutes,

the darn machine OVERHEATS, one of the CPU cores reaches 90C and *poof* thermal protection comes around and shuts the system down to prevent anuclearfusionorperhapsasingularity.

The BIOS has two settings for the fan: "low" and "auto". Both produce this result.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Since day one i haven't used the preinstalled windows7 and i even deleted the recovery partition.

Can anybody else with this laptop confirm that this issue is happening on windows as well?

Any inputs/feedbacks are greatly appreciated.