ESXi 5 Mac OS X Unlocker

Donk

817 posts in this topic

It's in the reame file to chmod +x on the file. If you have no bootbank.cfg then sounds like there is something wrong as it is used by default ESXi boot.

Was able to get 10.7 intalled with out to many headaches. How ever like the others 10.7.2 does not seem to boot. Any ideas on what we need to do to make it boot?

thanks

You cannot install 10.7.2 on ESXi there is a bug in ESXi that causes a problem. 10.7.1 is only supported by VMware currently on ESXi on Apple hardware. Has been fixed for WOrkstation and Fusion and guess fix will be coming for ESXi. There are workarounds in the Wok station and Unlocker threads but you have to have a version installed prior to 10.7.2 to make it work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I've been using the unlock on my unpatched (from Vmware) esxi 5.0 install for several months. It's awesome. I only ever managed to get Leopard installed though. I've tried several times to upgrade it to snow leopard, but with no luck. That's not that big a deal as its only running itunes and serving videos to my Apple TV2s.

My question though is if it should work with more than one CPU. I'm using a Core2 Quad, but if I try to give the VM more than one CPU or more than one core, it hangs on boot? Is that normal?

Another oddity I ran in to, today I added two drives to my ESXi box. I had previously run all of my VMs from a local NAS, and decided to move them on to storgage hardrives on the ESXi host. My two Linux VMs moved fine, but the OSX would either fail to boot, or would hang almost immeditaly after booting. The copy on the NAS still works fine, so what the????

Thanks,

Hi all,

i'm really sorry for my silly question but i've search news about it and i did not found the answer ...

In which folder have i to apply the patch ?

I created a foder /XXX with inside the unlocker ... obviously it crash the system ...

Should I copy them in the root folder ? or where ?

Again .... very newb :(

I think i'm having the same problem as f0rd42 where my disk drive doesn't show up during installation.

I am using ESXi5 and am trying to install Lion.

"diskutil list" doesn't show the drive at all, I have tried with an IDE and SCSI disk and still no luck.

Has anyone come accross this before? Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look next to get this working?

Thanks for the help!

I'm going mad!

1) my ESXi config: i7 2600 , MB intel DQ67SW , 16gb ram

2) unlocked Esxi with version 102 on this script.

3) OSX VM created : Lion 10.7 64bit , 4gb , 4 cores

4) run in efi boot, with boot - v npci=0x2000

5) Usb-CD LION installation CD in passthrouth (it runs when i try the boot)

I ALWAYS have this screen!!

I try with USB-stick installation , but with the same problem

can you help me?

post-944465-0-08474400-1329478130_thumb.jpg

infor_mare:

I believe this is the same exact issue I had.. The fix was:

My processor supports TxT (Trusted Execution), and I had it enabled in the BIOS. I disabled it and OS X (Snow and Lion) booted right up without issue. So... that's the fix, at least in my case.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267339&st=100&p=1782747entry1782747

infor_mare:

I believe this is the same exact issue I had.. The fix was:

My processor supports TxT (Trusted Execution), and I had it enabled in the BIOS. I disabled it and OS X (Snow and Lion) booted right up without issue. So... that's the fix, at least in my case.

http://www.insanelym...7

Disabled TXT , but nothing is changed.

!!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, and just managed to make my first OSX ESXi VM using the unlocker available here (thank you for that).

Here's what I've done:

I've created a Lion VM on Vmware Fusion 4 on my mac, installed vmware tools, moved the VM folder to a PC and ran vmware converter standalone to move it to ESXi, which was flawless.

After that I went to ESXi, applied the patch, changed the machine ID to others/ Mac 10.7 64 on it's settings and voila, easy as that.

The only problem I'm having is that I can't get the network working, it doesn't recognizes the E1000 network adapter, could anybody please help?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Got it, just had to remove/re-add the network card in the VM settings.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but after I updated to 10.7.3 the booting process gets stuck on apple logo... Doesn't it really works or are there additional steps after upgrading?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just found the solution for my problem here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=270140&hl=%20unlocker%20%20esxi&st=0

This is great! i also have created a installation for 10.7.3 fully working also with the latest ESXi patch (ESXi500-201112001) tested with Intel motherboard sata disks and dual core CPU, and Dell poweredge 1950 with SAS disks and XEON cpu's both works great!. I also created a nice copy of the VM that you can select your language and username just like you just bought a new MAC :-).

thanks for this great unlocker!

Hi all,

Can a successful Unlocker install on ESXi 5 be verified with

https://HOST_ADDRESS/mob/?moid=ha-host&doPath=hardware

Checking smcPresent to be true?

what you exactly mean? just copy the zip file to ur datastore. login with ssh on ur esxi host (when enabled), go to the store location, unzip the zip file, goto the esxi folder, chmod +x all the 3 files, and execute the install.sh. that must be it...