Internal Drive Showing Up As External

nenyo

1 post in this topic

I’m having a strange issue after installing Lion. I’m not sure if this is a software or hardware issue, or a bit of both. I have a software JBOD RAID set up as a backup. In 10.6 this worked perfectly. In 10.7 it continues to work but now the drive shows up as being external. I don’t like seeing it on my desktop and want to get rid of it, but I don’t want to disable actual externals from showing up there.

The only thing I can think of that would be causing this issue is the fact that this particular set of drives is installed on the proprietary Gigabyte SATA ports. All the other drives, including another JBOD drive, work perfectly.

Is there a way to trick OSX into seeing the drive as internal? Or is there a better driver for lion that would support the ports better?

I used kakewalk to install Lion. I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard but had to use the UD3P drivers because the others didn’t work right (same thing I did in 10.6). So far I have audio, network, 5/7 drives, and everything else working great.