[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got my video cards working but only after a doing a fresh install and setting up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Just in case it helps someone, the only way I was able to get the installer to boot was by doing -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

After finalizing and installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], my plist is pretty much empty except from GraphicsEnabler=Yes

My system specs:

ASUS P6T

Radean HD 5750

Hello Fabio,

I got hangs or KP at booting the install USB for my p6x58-e pro.

it might be a DSDT problem as I tried using it with other methods too (currently I had partial success as i lack basic funtions as LAN, Audio, etc.).

Please Advice.

Regards

Pablo

DVD Drive (sata) Read Problems.

I finally reinstalled Lion on its own Drive. Everything seems to work fine, and I am getting good performance.

However, as I told Fabio a few days ago I have problems with my DVD Drive. Today for first day I tried to install some software via DVD and it just did not work... it shows errors like if the DVD was corrupt, also every time I burn it shows error at data validation, and the DVD drive just dies randomly (only turning off PC brings the DVD unit back).

Does anybody have issues with the DVD drive?

Thanks!

Hi everyone !

That's ain't funny at all, I installed Lion without any problems on my P6T deluxe V2. Usually there was always something that wasn't working, but not this time ;) So thank U for this great job.... :P

Just a simple question: I have 5 HD with 2 SL and Lion. Every HD with SL got chameleon installed. To avoid problems every system got his own apple.com.bootlist with UUID of each hardrive.When I start my computer from HD containing chameleon with SL I can't launch Lion, I can see it but Lion don't load ( I added the hard drive UUID into the org......plist). When I start from the hard drive containing Lion I can load everything. So, is there a difference with the bootloader embbeded with Lion (I mean the one that came with lionize) ? How can I fix this ?

Thank u all :)

Hello Fabio,

I got hangs or KP at booting the install USB for my p6x58-e pro.

it might be a DSDT problem as I tried using it with other methods too (currently I had partial success as i lack basic funtions as LAN, Audio, etc.).

Please Advice.

Regards

Pablo

Hi Pablo!

As you see in the first page your mobo is a "work in progress"

Pls post here your LSPci and IOREG for your mobo (from Snow Leopard is ok too)

With that info I can make a better setting for your specs..

Regards.

Fabio

Hi everyone !

That's ain't funny at all, I installed Lion without any problems on my P6T deluxe V2. Usually there was always something that wasn't working, but not this time ;) So thank U for this great job.... :P

Just a simple question: I have 5 HD with 2 SL and Lion. Every HD with SL got chameleon installed. To avoid problems every system got his own apple.com.bootlist with UUID of each hardrive.When I start my computer from HD containing chameleon with SL I can't launch Lion, I can see it but Lion don't load ( I added the hard drive UUID into the org......plist). When I start from the hard drive containing Lion I can load everything. So, is there a difference with the bootloader embbeded with Lion (I mean the one that came with lionize) ? How can I fix this ?

Thank u all :)

The new chameleon features include (or exclude) org.chameleon.Boot.plist...

So the "old" chameleon from Snow can't see the Boot.plist...

Fabio

I'm getting this KP when I try to install Lion on my Rampage III Extreme:

AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8

localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start memory monitor trough MCA

It will go no further than that.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I'm getting this KP when I try to install Lion on my Rampage III Extreme:

AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8

localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start memory monitor trough MCA

It will go no further than that.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pls add your specs in signature...

So we can see what hardware you have (GFX CPU...)

Fabio

Pls add your specs in signature...

So we can see what hardware you have (GFX CPU...)

Fabio

Yes, sorry, I've done so now.

"i7 930 | Asus Rampage III Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 12GB | Nvidia Geforce 570 GTX |"

A guess of mine would be too much RAM (?)

Thanks

Yes, sorry, I've done so now.

"i7 930 | Asus Rampage III Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 12GB | Nvidia Geforce 570 GTX |"

A guess of mine would be too much RAM (?)

Thanks

No at all...(RAM is not a matter)

be more descriptive...

When and after what... happen?

You done well the step 6?

Boot your USB device and install Lion on /Volumes/Lion as you normally would.

Wait for the installation to finish.

Fabio

No at all...(RAM is not a matter)

be more descriptive...

When and after what... happen?

You done well the step 6?

Fabio

Ah sorry, I should've been more thorough. The KP occurs when I try step 6. I boot the USB and the installation with -v npci=0x2000 (because I got stuck at the PCI configuration thing) and then it KPs on AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start memory monitor trough MCA.

Ah sorry, I should've been more thorough. The KP occurs when I try step 6. I boot the USB and the installation with -v npci=0x2000 (because I got stuck at the PCI configuration thing) and then it KPs on AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 localhost kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start memory monitor trough MCA.

Ok...

So add into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (is located into the USB /Extra/ )

the key nspci=0x2000

How you can do this?... from a old Snow system for example...

And... you not need to add anymore the -v flag...

Let me know.

Fabio

Ok...

So add into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (is located into the USB /Extra/ )

the key nspci=0x2000

How you can do this?... from a old Snow system for example...

And... you not need to add anymore the -v flag...

Let me know.

Fabio

Hi again. I tried that but it still Kernel Panics im afraid.

Here's a picture of the screen when it KP.

post-480722-1317106453_thumb.jpg

boot your USB with this kernel flags
-v npci=0x2000

Hi, I've tried that and it still KP on that specific line. Could it be that my GFX is not in the first pci-e slot? or is it bios related. Im gonna troubleshoot some more after work. Thank you for your help :D

EDIT:

Well I've done some more research now and it seems to be a video card problem "AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA". Sadly I didn't find any solution to it. Maybe I forgot to turn of the OC on the card, maybe, can't remember. Could it be the issue?

EDIT2:

I got the installation to work now :P I re-did the USB and choose MacPro 3.1 instead of MacPro 4.1.

What is the difference in those two anyway?

The new chameleon features include (or exclude) org.chameleon.Boot.plist...

So the "old" chameleon from Snow can't see the Boot.plist...

Fabio

Thanks Fabio,

ok, then I'll fix this by installing the new chameleon on my 2 SL systems...

Best regards

Hi, I've tried that and it still KP on that specific line. Could it be that my GFX is not in the first pci-e slot? or is it bios related. Im gonna troubleshoot some more after work. Thank you for your help ;)

EDIT:

Well I've done some more research now and it seems to be a video card problem "AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0xfffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA". Sadly I didn't find any solution to it. Maybe I forgot to turn of the OC on the card, maybe, can't remember. Could it be the issue?

EDIT2:

I got the installation to work now :) I re-did the USB and choose MacPro 3.1 instead of MacPro 4.1.

My Rampage III Gene does exactly same, Mac Pro 4,1 or 5,1 system definitions don't work.

EDIT2:

I got the installation to work now ;) I re-did the USB and choose MacPro 3.1 instead of MacPro 4.1.

MacPro3,1 (CPU core2Quad - Better GFX performance for some GPU Model)

MacPro4,1 (Core i 1366 - Quad core CPU like i7 920, 930, etc)

MacPro5,1 (Recommended for 6 core CPU like i7 970, 980x or 990x)