[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

I will post soon a small update of lionize & recreandae...

- DSDT for P6T SE

- Portuguese update language

- fix for 1280x768 resolution selection in Lionize

- Other minus found issue...

Fabio

Hi, I thought IORegistryExplorer was something I was supposed to have already...

Ok, so here is my output file:

IOREG_luis.zip

Thanks!

From your posted IOREG I see you use VoodooHDA... WHY?

the patched AppleHDA didn't work for you?

Fabio

- DSDT for P6T SE

Fabio

Fabio

Did you read what i wrote regarding the new DSDT? After using test1 all HDD start showing as external

Because I do not use the onboard audio, but instead Creative X-Fi Titanium.

PS: My GPU OpenGL performance still very slow. I am getting help for the Graphics in this thread:

Fermi Guide

Is it possible the cause might be from Leonize? (I already tried MacPro5,1 = same results)

My Cinebench GPU result is 17 fps, using AGPM settings from people getting 36 fps (with same GPU)

Thank for all your help!

Fabio

Because I do not use the onboard audio, but instead Creative X-Fi Titanium.

PS: My GPU OpenGL performance still very slow. I am getting help for the Graphics in this thread:

Fermi Guide

Is it possible the cause might be from Leonize? (I already tried MacPro5,1 = same results)

My Cinebench GPU result is 17 fps, using AGPM settings from people getting 36 fps (with same GPU)

Thank for all your help!

Try with this DSDT if go better...

P6X58D_E.zip

Fabio

DefKorns,

Actually, I accidentally installed into S/L/E and only checked when you asked above. It worked there of course but then I yanked it and put it in Extra/E and it still works. Then I checked in Textmate the differences between the 2 VIAATA kexts - just an extra line of permissions in Fabio's bundled version. Who know's maybe it just needed to be reinstalled for some reason.

Though we have different boards I'm curious about your DSDT edit to get IDE to work. Right now absolutely everything works better than it ever has before and all I have in Extra is VIAATA and FakeSMC.

Fabio, again my thanks for providing such a tweaked package.

DefKorns,

Actually, I accidentally installed into S/L/E and only checked when you asked above. It worked there of course but then I yanked it and put it in Extra/E and it still works. Then I checked in Textmate the differences between the 2 VIAATA kexts - just an extra line of permissions in Fabio's bundled version. Who know's maybe it just needed to be reinstalled for some reason.

Though we have different boards I'm curious about your DSDT edit to get IDE to work. Right now absolutely everything works better than it ever has before and all I have in Extra is VIAATA and FakeSMC.

Fabio, again my thanks for providing such a tweaked package.

Here's what i did do get it work (i also had a "problem" of all HDDs listed as external):

Removed LIONIZE patched IOAHCIfamily.kext and restored the IOAHCIFamily.kext from Install Mac OS X Lion.app > InstallESD.dmg > BaseSystem.dmg/S/L/E and fixed permissions. Reboot.

After this i installed AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and JMicron36xATA.kext from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 4.0.2 and fix permissions. Reboot and everything is working.

Latest DSDT.aml (available soon) - Fixed IDE DVD issue

JMicron36xATA.kext - Fixed IDE DVD issue

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext - Fixed HDD listed as External

So a combination of a DSDT edit and the JMicron kext from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] got your ATA working?

I'm still interested, VIAATA has always been a flakey kext all the way back to 10.4 days when I needed it for an old Intel board. Haven't experienced any bad boots yet in Lion but that kext will stall a boot at least 15% of the time.

I update Lionize & Recreandae to version 1.05.1 (the same link in first page)

with the new DSDT for P6T SE and other correct stuff

also now for P6T SE lionize and recreandae "skip" the patch for JMicronATA, and install the kext in E/E

Also correct minus bug for missed .plist for resolution , and also fix a ceck for Lion version in recreandae.

Fabio

Fabio,

After some testing, I noticed that my GPU usage averaged 14% (running Cinebench in G-State 0). It never passed 52%. And that is why (I guess) I am getting low results. Do you have an idea why I have such a low usage?

Also I ran GeekBench, and I am getting half the result I should be getting :D

Any reason why I am getting such bad performance?

Benchmark Summary
 Integer Score			  4806 ||||||
 Floating Point Score	   8954 |||||||||||
 Memory Score			   3320 ||||
 Stream Score			   3966 |||||

Geekbench Score			5876 |||||||

System Information
Operating System	  Mac OS X 10.7.1 (Build 11B26)
 Model				 MacPro4,1
Motherboard	   Apple Inc. Mac-F221BEC8 Rev 1.xx
 Processor			 Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.81 GHz
					1 Processor, 4 Cores, 8 Threads
 Processor ID		  GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
 L1 Instruction Cache  32.0 KB x 4
 L1 Data Cache		 32.0 KB x 4
 L2 Cache			  256 KB x 4
 L3 Cache			  8.00 MB
 Memory				6.00 GB 1658 MHz DDR3
 BIOS				 Apple Inc. MP41.88Z.0081.B08.1001221313

Thanks!

I update Lionize & Recreandae to version 1.05.1 (the same link in first page)

with the new DSDT for P6T SE and other correct stuff

also now for P6T SE lionize and recreandae "skip" the patch for JMicronATA, and install the kext in E/E

Also correct minus bug for missed .plist for resolution , and also fix a ceck for Lion version in recreandae.

Fabio

You welcome ;)

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I was able to find my performance issue. It was in the BIOS! . I had SpeedStep and C-State Disabled. By enabling SpeedStep I gained almost all the performance, and the C-State gave me a little bit more!

-----

post-646978-1316752171_thumb.png

post-646978-1316752189_thumb.png

LoL!

Sometimes we miss the simple things :)

In my case was to change the the audio output and i was like crazy trying to figure why the sound didn't work.

Hello,

Thanks for all the effort in making this awesome guide.. got my lion running in no time...

used another guide to get qe/ci working..

when i built my SL hackintosh on the same hardware i got three monitors running on the same two video cards with a custom dsdt made by fabio...

i tried custom editing to my dsdt using my SL dual video card dsdt changing the PEG3 entry (obviously i have clue on how to edit a dsdt properly) and failed miserably

if someone can find some time to help me.. i would really be grateful.

Does any other method exist???

attaching my original DSDT

dsdt.zip

Hello,

Thanks for all the effort in making this awesome guide.. got my lion running in no time...

used another guide to get qe/ci working..

when i built my SL hackintosh on the same hardware i got three monitors running on the same two video cards with a custom dsdt made by fabio...

i tried custom editing to my dsdt using my SL dual video card dsdt changing the PEG3 entry (obviously i have clue on how to edit a dsdt properly) and failed miserably

if someone can find some time to help me.. i would really be grateful.

Does any other method exist???

attaching my original DSDT

This is your DSDT with your two GFX

GraphicsEnabler=No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

inky76.zip

Fabio

Thank you Fabio, again for all your work and commitment to updating this! My Geekbench score jumped a few points thanks to you sir!

Keep up the Good work!

Curious what did you change in the DSDT?

- DSDT for P6T SE

Fabio

Fabio

Hi,

I have working lion on one HD and working Win7 on second HD.

After I install lion succesfully with Lionize everything works except boot0 error and I can boot into Lion only from USB disk with lionize...

after that I install new fresh windows and make win7 partition active to prevent that boot error, but I accidentaly format USB disk with lionize and no I can boot only into win7.

Can someone help how to install chameleon from win or any other solution that can help me boot into Lion on HD and install chamelelon from there.

thanks.

Hi,

I have working lion on one HD and working Win7 on second HD.

After I install lion succesfully with Lionize everything works except boot0 error and I can boot into Lion only from USB disk with lionize...

after that I install new fresh windows and make win7 partition active to prevent that boot error, but I accidentaly format USB disk with lionize and no I can boot only into win7.

Can someone help how to install chameleon from win or any other solution that can help me boot into Lion on HD and install chamelelon from there.

thanks.

try rboot from tonymac's or you must have a working SL or original mac.

You can also try Mald0n's Hackboot Lion