[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

on your windows check if you have a 100Mb partition.

Control Panel > administrative tools > Computer management > Disk manager

If so theres your problem. :(

I know I have one partition call system reservised generated with windows (now I'll check)... thank you !!!

on your windows check if you have a 100Mb partition.

Control Panel > administrative tools > Computer management > Disk manager

If so theres your problem. :D

YES !!! this is 100MB partition called system reserved !!! Also, I don't know why is it for?

So, How can I fix this....please please help ...thank you very much

post-519059-1316533070_thumb.jpg

I know I have one partition call system reservised generated with windows (now I'll check)... thank you !!!

YES !!! this is 100MB partition called system reserved !!! Also, I don't know why is it for?

So, How can I fix this....please please help ...thank you very much

format your windows hdd as fat

3. Insert your Windows 7 dvd and boot from it.

4. After it boots go ahead and click on Repair your computer. Select TOOLS etc (not the restore option).

5. Select command prompt and type the following:

a. diskpart (hit enter)

b. Select disk 0 (hit enter) (or the disk number you installing to - it will be 0 if you installing on the same drive as your mac os x)

c. list partition (hit enter) this will show you all the partitions on that disk. Find the one you formatted as FAT. You should guess by the size. Make sure it is the right one and note down the number.

d. Select partition x (where x is the number you noted in step c) (hit enter)

e. active (hit enter)

6. Close the command prompt window and close the tools window. Resume your Windows installation. Make sure you say custom install (advanced) and when it is asking you where you want to install, select your partition (make sure it is the right one) and format it as NTFS. I forget the exact names but something like you click on the partition and say disk options and you say format. NTFS will be the option. I'm pretty sure you will be fine with installing Windows if you can install Mac OS X on your pc.

7. Great Windows 7 is now installed. Reboot - yes you won't have chameleon anymore, because Windows overwrote the boot partition, but hey that's fine don't worry.

8. When you are rebooting in step 7, make sure you put your USB stick with chameleon on it and boot from it. (for Snow Leopard, this could be [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or whatever cd loader you want to use).

9. Select your Lion install and boot into it.

10. Reinstall chameleon boot loader to your lion partition.

All done! when you reboot, you will see both your Lion and Windows disks and you can boot into either one. Without the need for any loaders. The first time you boot Windows, you might get the error saying Windows did not shut down properly or whatever, make sure you say "START Windows Normally" don't launch any repair options.

How easy was that?

You can install MacDrive on the windows side and Paragon NTFS on your Mac side for access to all drives no matter where you are.

Also if you do not have MacDrive on Windows side, NEVER EVER go to the windows disk management side and try to reformat or manage partitions - that will screw up ALL drives, trust me I know... MacDrive will actually stop you from doing that.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks for reading.

thanks I'll try this...first I need to found solution for backup my WIN7 partition...

Also I don't seen disk with OSX 2 partitions in windows. Ok, I know I can't seen osx lion partition, but I have partition for documents on second disk and I don't seen it in windows? formatted as FAt...

thanks.

thanks I'll try this...first I need to found solution for backup my WIN7 partition...

Also I don't seen disk with OSX 2 partitions in windows. Ok, I know I can't seen osx lion partition, but I have partition for documents on second disk and I don't seen it in windows? formatted as FAt...

thanks.

use macdrive do see osx drives on windows and tuxera ntfs to see windows on osx (read/write).

OK. now I'm backuping my win partition , I will let you know how is going...thanks.

remember to format to FAT from OSX and set the partition table to MBR.

After this follow the quote i sent you.

Onemore thing. Before you boot to the windows dvd, disconnect all your drives except the one you want to install windows to.

ITS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU SET YOUR FAT DISK TO ACTIVE

hm, ok, i would like to try this now, but I'm little confused, when I read all this post I have conclusion that I don't need to reinstall or reformat my win partition but only make my system reserved partition make ACTIVE, and then install chameleon to Lion partition...Am i right ???

Everything seems to work except for video. I can only get it to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

My video card is a vanilla ATI 5750 .. anyone have experience getting the 5750 working in Lion?

http://netkas.org/?p=653

hm, ok, i would like to try this now, but I'm little confused, when I read all this post I have conclusion that I don't need to reinstall or reformat my win partition but only make my system reserved partition make ACTIVE, and then install chameleon to Lion partition...Am i right ???

you can try, i wasn't able to do that. That's why i formated the drive

http://netkas.org/?p=653

you can try, i wasn't able to do that. That's why i formated the drive

ok but i don't understand why in 5.c he speak about FAT partition, and in 6. he say format partition for windows as NTFS. confused

or you think that I need to format partition as FAT from osx Lion, install windowson it, and than install chameleon on lion again ?

ok but i don't understand why in 5.c he speak about FAT partition, and in 6. he say format partition for windows as NTFS. confused

or you think that I need to format partition as FAT from osx Lion, install windowson it, and than install chameleon on lion again ?

you need to format from OSX to FAT, the after you make the diskpart commands and reboot. You will need to just format (on windows installer) to proceed with the installation.

After windows is on you need to reinstall chameleon on osx

Hi, false alarm, I just turned my PC on... and the DVD drive is working... I think it was when I used the flag -f that did not work... the last time I remember doing was rebuilding my cache (I am still working on getting my GPU to work at a decent performance)... Do you still need that file? I was not able to find it... Thanks!

UPDATE: I was burning some files, and I got an error (.. cannot be verified..) and now my DVD drive is gone! ;)

In Snow Leopard , it was working fine.

Can you post you IOREG? (pls IORegistryExplorer.app)

It work's in Snow?

Fabio

Has anybody that used this Leonize method has done a Cinebench Bechmark? Please let me know how many FPS you are getting. I have followed exact methods as other people with identical GPU cards and my results are are almost 50% of them. I am getting only 17 FPS, while most people with a GTX560Ti are getting like 35... Thanks

Hi, false alarm, I just turned my PC on... and the DVD drive is working... I think it was when I used the flag -f that did not work... the last time I remember doing was rebuilding my cache (I am still working on getting my GPU to work at a decent performance)... Do you still need that file? I was not able to find it... Thanks!

UPDATE: I was burning some files, and I got an error (.. cannot be verified..) and now my DVD drive is gone! ;)

In Snow Leopard , it was working fine.

Has anybody that used this Leonize method has done a Cinebench Bechmark? Please let me know how many FPS you are getting. I have followed exact methods as other people with identical GPU cards and my results are are almost 50% of them. I am getting only 17 FPS, while most people with a GTX560Ti are getting like 35... Thanks

Yep I still need that file...

For the GFX... try play with MacModel (change the smbios.plist entries)

Fabio

DefKorns,

I also had the problem of no IDE on my board but solved it with this version of AppleVIAATA.kext:

AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Everything else is perfect - audio, lan, & firewire. Fabio, I used your guide and files for the Leopard and SL installs I had going on this board before. Excellent work and thanks so much for all your time and effort on this.

DefKorns,

I also had the problem of no IDE on my board but solved it with this version of AppleVIAATA.kext:

AppleVIAATA.kext.zip

Everything else is perfect - audio, lan, & firewire. Fabio, I used your guide and files for the Leopard and SL installs I had going on this board before. Excellent work and thanks so much for all your time and effort on this.

Thanks CJP2,

Did you install this Kext on /S/L/E right? Just to know, cause my issue is already solved with an DSDT fix

ok, I format HD with win7 as FAT and try to repair tools from win install dvd, but it can't to open repair and also now I can't install win on that disk, also if I format it from osx or format it from win DVD.

eror 0x80300024

Of course, I also can't boot into Lion without USB :-(((