• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

this is what I got...cant install...cant download (but internet work fine) ???

what folder do I need to select from HD?

the website your using is down try again in a few hours / tomorrow

luisfdoc1

luisfdoc1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks DefKorns, npci=0x2000 (no dash :( ) allowed me to boot.

I have a couple of small issues:

1. The hard drive where I installed Lion has 2 more partitions (NTFS), but they are NOT for any other OS. When I went to Windows, I could not see these 2 partitions, then I made them Active and apply a Drive Letter to them. It solve the problem but it broke the Lion boot. I only get... "bootmgr is missing" even after reinstalling Lion for a second time, and doing the ./finalize .. and saying Y to Chamaleon... (I can boot from the USB though)

2. With Lion and a Geforce GTX 560, what is the best way to have full GPU acceleration? I am now in 1024x768.

Thanks!

[quote name='DefKorns' date='Sep 18 2011, 05:55 PM' post='1750020']
You shouldn't add the "-" before npci or PciRootUID flags.

try this
-v npci=0x2000

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,673 posts

Thanks DefKorns, npci=0x2000 (no dash :unsure: ) allowed me to boot.

1. The hard drive where I installed Lion has 2 more partitions (NTFS), but they are NOT for any other OS. When I went to Windows, I could not see these 2 partitions, then I made them Active and apply a Drive Letter to them. It solve the problem but it broke the Lion boot. I only get... "bootmgr is missing" even after reinstalling Lion for a second time, and doing the ./finalize .. and saying Y to Chamaleon... (I can boot from the USB though)

2. With Lion and a Geforce GTX 560, what is the best way to have full GPU acceleration? I am now in 1024x768.

Is present a important step when you run ./finalize
The "script" ask you if you won't install chameleon on that partition..

the problem is...
this install support only a boot0 method no boot0hfs or the new boot0md

So I suggest you when you install (reinstall) simply say no (in the finalize step),
and use other tool like Chameleon wizard for a better install option method for your boot...
You can do this from other partition or boot with the USB boot (created with Lionize)... there is a lot of possibility...

Fabio

DefKorns

DefKorns

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Thanks DefKorns, npci=0x2000 (no dash :unsure: ) allowed me to boot.

Thanks!

1- Boot from your USB into lion and then install this version of Chameleon (this worked for me)
2- Try this Guide

PS: if you want to remove npci=0x2000 from your kernel flags try my solution on post 9

luisfdoc1

luisfdoc1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks Guys!!!

My Geforce 560 Ti is Solved! besides adding the ID, the key part was having this in the ...boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>	
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

As far as installing a new Chameleon, what options should I checkmark (i386, PrefPane, Modules,...)

Thank you very much for all your help!

DefKorns

DefKorns

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Thanks Guys!!!

My Geforce 560 Ti is Solved! besides adding the ID, the key part was having this in the ...boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>	
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

As far as installing a new Chameleon, what options should I checkmark (i386, PrefPane, Modules,...)

Thank you very much for all your help!

I just selected i386 and a theme (optional)

siefert

siefert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone point me to a site/advice on how to either get OSX to support a second graphics card(both 460gtx) or at least ignore it if it is in? p6t deluxe using the Lion installer on here.

Thanks again to OP. This was the smoothest install I have ever had.

DefKorns

DefKorns

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Can anyone point me to a site/advice on how to either get OSX to support a second graphics card(both 460gtx) or at least ignore it if it is in? p6t deluxe using the Lion installer on here.

You should try netkas or Tonymac's

i know that with gtx 470 was +pssible on SL.

luisfdoc1

luisfdoc1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Just curious, Can I recreate your Lion USB method within Lion? or it needs to be on Snow Leopard?
Thanks

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,673 posts

Just curious, Can I recreate your Lion USB method within Lion? or it needs to be on Snow Leopard?
Thanks

Lionize can works with Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion from an Hack or a real Mac ;)

@siefert
PLS add your spec in signature. (this help people and help yourself).
Is also possible add the second o third (or fourth I already do it..) from DSDT injection or "better" with an external SSDT

Fabio

DefKorns

DefKorns

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Fabio,

still no DVD drive. Should i try to change JM on bios from AHCI to ide?

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,673 posts

Fabio,

still no DVD drive. Should i try to change JM on bios from AHCI to ide?

JM363... take a look here...
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=209898
the patch is already "add" into the Info.plist of JmicronATA.kext in S/L/E
let me know

Try overwrite the Info.plist with this...Attached File  JMicronATA.zip   807bytes   15 downloads
/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Other user with P6T SE have this problem?

Fabio

luisfdoc1

luisfdoc1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
MacPro4,1 vs. MacPro5,1

When Lionizing, I remember I could choose MacPro4,1 , MacPro5,1 , What do you recommend for the Asus P6X58D-E? I did it with MacPro4,1 , but is there any difference?
Thanks!

aspin

aspin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Failed during install due to nstat error.. pictures attached

I searched around and it looks like the nstat error is also happening for regular Macs that already have Lion installed, and even they can't figure out how to fix it :)

So.. if nstat error has no fix, and nstat error is specific to Lion, maybe I can use the motherboard-related files created by Lionize to install Snow Leopard instead and then upgrade?

Some other notes..

I used a partioning program to create a Lion drive formatted as HFS+ but I guess this made no difference because the installer never got that far.

I have a P6T with the bios version updated to 1408 .. does bios version need to be something other?

Attached Files

DefKorns

DefKorns

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

MacPro4,1 vs. MacPro5,1

When Lionizing, I remember I could choose MacPro4,1 , MacPro5,1 , What do you recommend for the Asus P6X58D-E? I did it with MacPro4,1 , but is there any difference?
Thanks!

MacPro4,1 is for quad core cpu like i7 920, 930, etc
MacPro5,1 Recommended for 6 core CPU like i7 970, 980x or 990x

JM363... take a look here...
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=209898
the patch is already "add" into the Info.plist of JmicronATA.kext in S/L/E
let me know

Try overwrite the Info.plist with this...Attached File  JMicronATA.zip   807bytes   15 downloads
/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Other user with P6T SE have this problem?

Fabio

Edited both AHCIPortInjector.kext and JMicronATA.kext.

Still no changes. Perhaps it's time to buy a SATA DVD :)

luisfdoc1

luisfdoc1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
After playing with having my GeForce to work, rebuilding kexts... Lion does not longer restart or shutdown, it does but my PC just stays ON, so I have to manually press the Power Button.
I executed Recrendae... but still the same... How can I fix this?

Thanks!

madkat

madkat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've had the absolute worst luck thus far getting 10.7 to install, and started following this guide since it has a similar motherboard.

However, when I attempt to run the script, it exits with this error:

cp: /Users/user/Downloads/Lionize/Base/Resolution/1280768.plist: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

In the previous step, I had told it to select a 1024 by 768 resolution, not the 1280 x 768 one. Not sure if I am doing something wrong?

In the meantime, I'm restoring my SL partition right now. It appears to not be quite working; good thing I had recently set that partition up, I suppose.

[EDIT] I fixed it myself; somehow the 1280 x 768 file had gone completely missing, so I made my own plist, edited it to reflect the resolution change, named it what the Lionize script wanted, and threw it in there. It seems to have worked, gonna try the USB stick and report back when I can.

bobenia

bobenia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

No lucky with Chameleon wizard? --> http://www.insanelym...howtopic=257464

or read here --> http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267866

Fabio

I try with chameleon wizard but still same error.... what should I do next ?
:-(

bobenia

bobenia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
http://3rr0rists.net...n-manually.html

i would like to try this tutorial...manual install http://3rr0rists.net...n-manually.html

but, i dont know how to - Extract the Chameleon archive, go inside the i386 folder - where is that folder ???

dummy PC user :-)

DefKorns

DefKorns

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

http://3rr0rists.net...n-manually.html

i would like to try this tutorial...manual install http://3rr0rists.net...n-manually.html

but, i dont know how to - Extract the Chameleon archive, go inside the i386 folder - where is that folder ???

dummy PC user :-)

To extract a PKG file use Pacifist

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionize, ASUS X58 LGA1366

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy