[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Hi, I've had the absolute worst luck thus far getting 10.7 to install, and started following this guide since it has a similar motherboard.

However, when I attempt to run the script, it exits with this error:

cp: /Users/user/Downloads/Lionize/Base/Resolution/1280768.plist: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

In the previous step, I had told it to select a 1024 by 768 resolution, not the 1280 x 768 one. Not sure if I am doing something wrong?

In the meantime, I'm restoring my SL partition right now. It appears to not be quite working; good thing I had recently set that partition up, I suppose.

[EDIT] I fixed it myself; somehow the 1280 x 768 file had gone completely missing, so I made my own plist, edited it to reflect the resolution change, named it what the Lionize script wanted, and threw it in there. It seems to have worked, gonna try the USB stick and report back when I can.

http://3rr0rists.net/guides/how-to-install...n-manually.html

i would like to try this tutorial...manual install http://3rr0rists.net/guides/how-to-install...n-manually.html

but, i dont know how to - Extract the Chameleon archive, go inside the i386 folder - where is that folder ???

dummy PC user :-)

To extract a PKG file use Pacifist

Here a simple boot files (compiled just now from my branch)

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...e/HEAD/branches

Fabio

this isn't work for me :-(

also as this http://3rr0rists.net/guides/how-to-install...n-manually.html

if anyone would like to connect to my mackintosh with team viewer and try to look what is going wrong...or what else can I try?

PM me.

Any idea on solving this?

Thanks!

After playing with having my GeForce to work, rebuilding kexts... Lion does not longer restart or shutdown, it does but my PC just stays ON, so I have to manually press the Power Button.

I executed Recrendae... but still the same... How can I fix this?

Thanks!

I can boot on my dual boot hackintosh only with bootable USB Lion plugged in. When it is unplugged I got boot0: error

m in the same boat unless i have the old snow hard drive installed i can't boot unless i have usb

basically what we are trying to do is rather have a custom EFI on the lion hard drive which will allow us to store chameleon boot files or an alternative to the usb boot

I've tried to create a partition to install chameleon onto it but its not having it

Any idea on solving this?

Thanks!

for now try start with -v -f

----

Failed during install due to nstat error.. pictures attached

I searched around and it looks like the nstat error is also happening for regular Macs that already have Lion installed, and even they can't figure out how to fix it B)

So.. if nstat error has no fix, and nstat error is specific to Lion, maybe I can use the motherboard-related files created by Lionize to install Snow Leopard instead and then upgrade?

Some other notes..

I used a partioning program to create a Lion drive formatted as HFS+ but I guess this made no difference because the installer never got that far.

I have a P6T with the bios version updated to 1408 .. does bios version need to be something other?

How your BIOS is set???

Are the C-State Enabled? If not enable it

take reference from the picture in this page (P6T Deluxe) but basically are the same config for the BIOS

Fabio

Hi,

I fail to "./finalize /Volume/Lion", it reply like "unable locate destination" , but I'm able to boot with USB to chameleon.

Updated to 10.7.1 successfully, but never able to boot directly from the installed HD with chameleon unless using the USB.

run finalize again.

Probably the name of your partition for OSX 10.7 isn't Lion ... but other name...

so... "./finalize /Volume/Name of your destination OSX 10.7",

Fabio

This worked perfectly for me!! I didn't have to do anything manually except set my sound output from "Headphones" to "Line Out" after installation. Internet works, sound works, video works, everything is in sync.......haven't seen any problems....will update this post if I find anything.

run finalize again.

Probably the name of your partition for OSX 10.7 isn't Lion ... but other name...

so... "./finalize /Volume/Name of your destination OSX 10.7",

Fabio

Still without any luck.

My Lion Partition is named "Mac" and the USB automatically name itself "Mac OS X Base System" when i run the Lionize script.

i only use 1 HDD and 1 partition at the moment and thats it.

post-58513-1316498565_thumb.jpg

Still without any luck.

My Lion Partition is named "Mac" and the USB automatically name itself "Mac OS X Base System" when i run the Lionize script.

i only use 1 HDD and 1 partition at the moment and thats it.

Dude its volumeS (Plural)

./finalize /Volumes/Mac

:)

I try this but also with no luck :-(

Are you using the same HDD for windows and osx or they are on separate HDDs? If in the same drive i can try to make a guide of what i did on my machine to get it work.

Dude its volumeS (Plural)

./finalize /Volumes/Mac

:)

Are you using the same HDD for windows and osx or they are on separate HDDs? If in the same drive i can try to make a guide of what i did on my machine to get it work.

separate hard disk drives, one for windows, one for lion.

I will also be doing that, although I do not share Win and Mac on the same Disk, I have other NTFS partitions, and at the end something always happens... also I always do the booting Selection from BIOS because I also have experienced Windows boot getting messed-up because of other...

What I do at time of new Install, is I only connect one drive then install, and then connect the others, and then I do Boot Selection. I currently have Win7, Ubuntu and Lion (all separate).

separate hard disk drives, one for windows, one for lion.

pffff absolutely marvellous!!!

Install a Mac OS X never has been so easy... no bug, everything works on. It tooks me one hour to understand, launch it and get it functional... amazing!!!

P6T SE

i7 930

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768mb

3x2Gb DDR3 Kingston HyperX

THANX SO MUCH!!!!

pffff absolutely marvellous!!!

Install a Mac OS X never has been so easy... no bug, everything works on. It tooks me one hour to understand, launch it and get it functional... amazing!!!

P6T SE

i7 930

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768mb

3x2Gb DDR3 Kingston HyperX

THANX SO MUCH!!!!

Do you have any IDE devices DVD or HDD? Do they work?