• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,671 posts

Thanks for the feed back ahead of time.
I will update you tonight

Before post any link or guide take care a this post: VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!

Fabio

Xented

Xented

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Before post any link or guide take care a this post: VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!

Fabio

For some reason I am unable to view the guide (permissions). I will read it when it becomes avaible, thank you for the heads up.

UPDATE: After reading the rules I see my error, I have taken out offending piece. Rules noted and will be followed.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,671 posts
Xented

Few page ago you can find a working DSDT for your board (P6T SE) with specific CPU 980x.

Maybe I'm outdated... but exist a i7 980??? When Intel release it?

I will do a small research about it.

http://ark.intel.com...-GTs-Intel-QPI)

THX fantomas1. ;-)

lol now yes I'm confused :o

So Intel Produce the 980 and is a 6 core CPU.

I suppose you can use the 980x if as the same clock and number of core.

Fabio

Xented

Xented

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Okay I just wanted to make sure that it will work with the 980 that I have, I was a little apprehensive.

Once I use the DSDT i'm assuming I will still have to patch the DSDT with my graphics card? Sound Card? I know where to get the kext for the ALC1200 so that should be good. I'll have a report for you in a few hours on how it goes. If i'm wrong with my assumption please correct me.

And thank you again for all your work and help.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,671 posts

Okay I just wanted to make sure that it will work with the 980 that I have, I was a little apprehensive.

Once I use the DSDT i'm assuming I will still have to patch the DSDT with my graphics card? Sound Card? I know where to get the kext for the ALC1200 so that should be good. I'll have a report for you in a few hours on how it goes. If i'm wrong with my assumption please correct me.

And thank you again for all your work and help.

The DSDT provide some info needed for your machine.
Like "config" for your onboard Audio. (AppleHDA.kext patch needed for your ALC1200)
For the graphics card I suggest you to update the bootloader and use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, maybe your fermi card need a kext patch for activate the Quartzs features.

Fabio

Xented

Xented

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
P6T SE i7 980

Everything went smoothly except I have no audio. I have tried a number of ALC1200's but none of them seem to be working. Any tips?

vonmolk

vonmolk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Ermac for the Mountain Lion guide. Was able to get it running on my Rampage II Extreme using your guide. Only thing not working is the audio. Other than that thank you again for the excellent work.

Xented

Xented

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I think the dsdt may need editing as you are not the only one with audio issues. I have the intel audio but no sound will come out of any of the ports

vonmolk

vonmolk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I think the dsdt may need editing as you are not the only one with audio issues. I have the intel audio but no sound will come out of any of the ports

Yeah I have no speaker icon at all. I see it in the system report. Not sure if it is dsdt or the patch of the applehda not working.

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Thanks Ermac for the Mountain Lion guide. Was able to get it running on my Rampage II Extreme using your guide. Only thing not working is the audio. Other than that thank you again for the excellent work.

how did you get this done as when i try i get a fail message many thanks in advance

zilentic

zilentic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Use 1.3.5 version of appleacpiplatform.kext and try again

Does´nt seem to work.
Tested with
1. lionapp(latest)+lionize(latest)
2. lionapp(latest)+lionize(latest)+DSDT(latest, deluxe2+920)
3. lionapp(latest)+lionize(latest)+DSDT(latest, deluxe2+920)+AppleACPIPlatform.kext(1.3.5)
4. lionapp(latest)+lionize(latest)+DSDT(latest, deluxe2+920)+AppleACPIPlatform.kext(1.5)

IOAPIC every time.

Im just replace DSDT & ACPI files on the install-stick after lionizing, right before installing. Hope thats the right way to go?

*EDIT* Not sure if I should go with macpro3,1 or 4,1? *EDIT*

Thanks!

vonmolk

vonmolk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

how did you get this done as when i try i get a fail message many thanks in advance

All I did on my working Lion downloaded the new lionize from the Italian forum. Created the USB per instructions from there and followed some of the install instructions from this thread. Installed after removing the ATIX6000Controller.kext so I wouldn't get the white screen issue and it installed. Put the ATIX6000Controller.kext back in with Kext Wizard and everything, but sound is working.

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I also would like to thank Ermac for the Mountain Lion guide, I have managed to install ML to my Asus P6T, i7 920. Everything works fine, audio, lan and also sleep.

zilentic

zilentic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Got it to work now. It was wrong file previlegies since i changed the ACPI file on installation usb. Worked with v1.5 now when I set the right privs.

Now I get terrible geekbenchscore :/ (9538)

Must have something to do with speedstep not working. Like the cpu is stuck at 2,67 Ghz...
Best way to test if speedstep is working? Ive tried to find informations on how to install FakeSMC+Monitor for my hardware but found nothing on that..

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Got it to work now. It was wrong file previlegies since i changed the ACPI file on installation usb. Worked with v1.5 now when I set the right privs.

Now I get terrible geekbenchscore :/ (9538)

Must have something to do with speedstep not working. Like the cpu is stuck at 2,67 Ghz...
Best way to test if speedstep is working? Ive tried to find informations on how to install FakeSMC+Monitor for my hardware but found nothing on that..

1.5 seems hit or miss for me, on occasion it will still hang up, never a problem with 1.3.5. For smbios, MacPro 4,1 or 5,1 should both work fine, I use 5,1 because it's newer :) For speedstep, must remove nullapplecpupowermanagement.kext if installed, with ssdt tables in DSDT no other settings needed (i.e. enable P&C states in chameleon) Your ram looks like it may be underclocked quite a bit there in that geekbench, guessing you probably have 1600mhz capable ram?

zilentic

zilentic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

1.5 seems hit or miss for me, on occasion it will still hang up, never a problem with 1.3.5. For smbios, MacPro 4,1 or 5,1 should both work fine, I use 5,1 because it's newer :) For speedstep, must remove nullapplecpupowermanagement.kext if installed, with ssdt tables in DSDT no other settings needed (i.e. enable P&C states in chameleon) Your ram looks like it may be underclocked quite a bit there in that geekbench, guessing you probably have 1600mhz capable ram?

I use 4,1 since i red it was recommended for my setup (maybe i red it in lionize) :)
Do i just remove nullapplecpupowermanagement.kext from the disk or do I need to run any script after? Dont know what you mean by: ssdt tables in DSDT, sorry. Im kind of new to this type of hackning ;)
My ram is underclocked by me, so i can use 7 cas latency. Dunno if its worth it :P

*EDIT*

Tweaked the ram to 1600mhz cl8, raised my geekbench to ~9700.. Still way to low, gotta be speedstep...
I dosent even look like the nullapplecpupowermanagement.kext is installed, cant find it in /System/Library/Extensions..

*EDIT*

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
My Geekbench score for Mountain Lion

Posted Image
Posted Image

zilentic

zilentic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Got FakeSMC to work, and now i see that speedstep is working, clocked the cpu slightly, and i think this geekbench score (11 408) is pretty standard for a i7 920 @ 3,2 ghz. All good!

This means Lion(Appstore10.7.4)+lionize+newest DSDT+ACPIPlatform 1.5 is working good on my system. Sleep & wake, fast boot, speedstep and so on.

Seems to KP randomly when i clock the cpu a bit more, will investigate.

Thanks guys for making this tread very helpful!

Attached Files

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I also would like to thank Ermac for the Mountain Lion guide, I have managed to install ML to my Asus P6T, i7 920. Everything works fine, audio, lan and also sleep.

how didi you get audio to work ?? as mine is messing about ( no sound)

have you used the 10.7 HDAkext ?

tot318

tot318

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

how didi you get audio to work ?? as mine is messing about ( no sound)

have you used the 10.7 HDAkext ?

Go here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=161430 and get the second method ALC_1063.zip file. Unzip it and installed the AppleHDA.kext using ####### and rebuild my kernel cache using Kext Utility and reboot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionize, ASUS X58 LGA1366

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy