[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

unless you change something in the bios, then after the reset go back and the bios changed it's self back to how it was before, it's not the problem.

No reset's in Windows?

Try installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, if it stops the resets, we'll know it's a problem with native power management and then what to fix.

Also in bios, be sure voltage for your ram is set correctly. It will be in the intelligent tweaker section. Some ram requires 1.65 volts and others 1.5v, I have 1.65v ram and have always had to set this manually. Leave all other settings on auto.

• Like 1

unless you change something in the bios, then after the reset go back and the bios changed it's self back to how it was before, it's not the problem.

No reset's in Windows?

Try installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, if it stops the resets, we'll know it's a problem with native power management and then what to fix.

Also in bios, be sure voltage for your ram is set correctly. It will be in the intelligent tweaker section. Some ram requires 1.65 volts and others 1.5v, I have 1.65v ram and have always had to set this manually. Leave all other settings on auto.

Thanx again for the help.

Never had problems with windows7 before. (except that at this moment I'm uninstalling my datas to format the Windows7 disk for a apple format). This time, and for the first time, the system freezed.

I'm gonna give a try to NullCPuPowerManagement and make a check of the ram.

• Like 1

When back in OSX, also go to System Preferences>Energy Saver and move both sliders all the way to the right

Done it... I've rebuilt the cache, permissions et restarted. Now it has past 10 minuts before doing another reset.

after that, I've used Multi**** 5.2 for the NullPCI. Repaired permissions and rebuilt cache.

8Gb Ram = 2 x Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G : I've founded that this need a 1,5V supply but it is quite more compicated to be sure not modifying something wrong in the bios supply options. For the Ram, is it the QPI/DRAM CORE VOLTAGE or the Voltage DRAM BUS that I need to change to 1.5V?

EDIT: no reset since 30 minuts... NullPCI seems to works!!! In anycase, this is much more stable now!!! THANX!!!

EDIT: 1h30... and no reset... problem should be solved I think! Gosh I love this forum! Thanx eep357!!!

If you have 1.5v ram, don't worry about it, it's probably already set fine. Run with NullCPUPowerManagement for a day and see if it remains stable, then if it does, can look into properly enabling native power management and speedstep, maybe even sleep too :)

• Like 1

AppleRTC can be patched without moving it by changing the path

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

And loads fine and also included in kernel cache which can't be done from /Extra. Fixes possible sleep issues, but personally have not seen this impact ACPI one way or another, stock AppleACPIPlatform only causes large boot delay for me however and not a KP, so maybe a difference there

Wait a minute there have you actually Patched your AppleRTC in your current System in the /S/L/E path?

Because it does not work, I tried it personally several time and someone pointed out in the original AppleRTC bin patch thread that it also didn't work for them and they had to put it patched in the /E/E path

If you have 1.5v ram, don't worry about it, it's probably already set fine. Run with NullCPUPowerManagement for a day and see if it remains stable, then if it does, can look into properly enabling native power management and speedstep, maybe even sleep too :)

Yep! The system still running now without any reset... so definitly much more stable, server.app running with some of the services actived, so now this is a big change. I'll see if with some reboot it stay stable to confirm.

But what do you mean by enabling native power and speedstep? Is it worth or better leave the system as actual?

Wait a minute there have you actually Patched your AppleRTC in your current System in the /S/L/E path?

Because it does not work, I tried it personally several time and someone pointed out in the original AppleRTC bin patch thread that it also didn't work for them and they had to put it patched in the /E/E path

Yup, booting RAID-0 so I can't load extensions from /Extra anyway, they have to be cached. But if you wan't, for kicks, you can use pacafist with a certain beast product and see that the script used in it to patch AppleRTC is exactly the same and uses the exact same path, I won't post it here, but if you open it in Pacafist and got to resources, its inside multi-9.pkg(package name could change, but this was it in the one I just looked at, version for ML), inside a folder called scripts.

pepegonzales-it's up to you, I think sleep is over rated but like to have every thing working, speed step I really like because it lowers cpu clock when idle, saves power and makes less heat. But I have overclock that I wouldn't want running full speed 24/7, where as with stock speeds maybe not as important. Take a couple days to play with it first, it's not going anywhere.

Or you can see it on my system here:Fullscreen.jpgMac Pro2.jpg

• Like 1

pepegonzales-it's up to you, I think sleep is over rated but like to have every thing working, speed step I really like because it lowers cpu clock when idle, saves power and makes less heat. But I have overclock that I wouldn't want running full speed 24/7, where as with stock speeds maybe not as important. Take a couple days to play with it first, it's not going anywhere.

Thanx a lot eep357!!! I'll take a look on these next days and surely will give a try! (but first a little image disk of the whole system before destroying it and looking for usefull informations ;)

What a pitty on yours images... we can't see the lady on your desktop ;)

• Like 1

Just installed ml 10.8.2 things where great except QE/CI on my gt 430, after digging around i managed to put the gfx running. But for some weir reason i only have the GFX working full QE/CI if i set UseKernelCache to yes. ANd if i do this all my drives shows as external.

Any toughts?

I'm at a loss, I simply can't seem to figure this problem out.

System:

Asus P6TD Deluxe Bios 0608 (Latest)

I've checked all the settings, CStep, SpeedStep, etc. Drive is set to AHCI, brand new SSD installed, SATA based DVD-Rom, using ports 1 and 2 on the onboard controller (Not the Marvell one)

6GB Ram

NVidia 460 GTX 1GB Video

I have an original 10.7.0 app store image, and the 10.7.1 Upgrade dmg file (I've tried doing a default Lionize 1.0.7 run, selecting option 2 for my motherboard), I've also tried using the latest DSDT that was built for newer versions of lion. I've tried with/without all of the options during the Lionize script (ie: Cuda / iTunes update)

I selected 1024x768 and 1920x1200 as my resolution during the Lionize process.

My results are always the same.

I've tried -v, -v -x, and -v npci=0x2000 and every combination of that with GraphicsEnabler yes/no.

The system starts booting off the USB stick, and the moment the screen turns gray and the apple logo appears, my machine reboots. It doesn't matter what I do, what version of Lion I use, or what settings I do, the results are the same, the moment the gray screen appears, system reboots.

I set the BIOS to defaults, and enabled all the options others have done, same results. I'm at a complete loss at what to try next. This should be fairly simple, it's a text book P6TD Deluxe board, with the right settings, and a simple SSD + DVD-Rom drive.

I've also tried disconnecting the DVD-Rom drive and the SSD, and just having the USB Stick, and still the same issue.

I took a video of it booting in verbose mode, and the very last line I see before it reboots is:

Boot Args: boot-uuid:DDA121BC-3CAD-3259-A1F6-AD9B7D9EDB01 rd=*uuid -v

Then flash to gray screen, instant reboot.

Any suggestions here guys?

Thanks for the assistance, I figured it out. Turns out I dragged the wrong .app onto the USB Stick (I must have mis-clicked when creating the Boot drive and grabbed Mountain Lion, not Lion) .. stupid me. Fixed that, and viola works perfectly now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the assistance, I figured it out. Turns out I dragged the wrong .app onto the USB Stick (I must have mis-clicked when creating the Boot drive and grabbed Mountain Lion, not Lion) .. stupid me. Fixed that, and viola works perfectly now.

Got too many OS's laying around :)

Bad news... on the next day, the resets cames back... like before... unable to use the computer. Damned. And some freezes also...

Tired, I restarted from zero.

Build:

- P6T SE with 0908 Bios

- i7 CPU 930 2,8Ghz

- 2 Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 1,5V or 8Gb

- Asus HD 6450 Silent 1Gb

- 160Gb Sata Seagate for the system

- 2x 1Tb Sata for datas

- Nox 700W

Mountain Lion Install method:

1: All the disk apple formatted.

2: Reset Bios settings to default but:

- Storage Configuration

• SATA Mode: AHCI
  • Writing protect: No
  • IDE detection delai: 35
  • Port 1: CD-ROM ATAPI
  • Port 2: 1Tb Disk
  • Port 3: 1Tb DIsk
  • Port 4: 160Gb Disk -> MAC OS
  • All ports with Smart Control Activated.

- Ai Tweaker:

• Tech Intel SpeedStep: disabled
  • Intel TurboMode: disabled
  • All other options: auto.

- CPU Configuration:

• MPS ACPI MADT: modern ordering
  • A20M: disabled
  • Tech Intel Speedstep: disabled
  • C-State package limit Setteings: C6

- Chipset configuration: VT-d disabled.

- Onboard Devices:

• HD Audio: Activate
  • Front panel audio: HD Audio
  • SPDIF: SPDIF output
  • J-Micron: Active
  • J-Micron controller: AHCI
  • Realtek LAN: Active
  • Lan Boot Ram: Disabled
  • Onboard 1394 Controller: Active

- USB Configuration:

• USB 2.0 Controller: HiSpeed.
  • All other options: Auto

- PciPnp: O/S Plug and Play: Active

- Power Supply configuration:

• Sleep Mode: S3 only
  • Sleep Mode Style: Active
  • ACPI 2.0 Support: Active
  • APIC ACPI: Active
  • EuP ready: Disabled

- Disk priority configured (1:USB, 2: Disk 160gb)

3: USB bootable method from Mountain lionize: http://www.insanelym...-automatizzata/ with P6T SE option selected.

4: USB: before install, I use the package for the LAN from: http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html (had problem before on step configuration of the system).

5: USB: before install, backup and install of ATI Radeon 6450 HD Fix for Mountain kext.

6: DISK: install from USB.

7: From other MAC OS: Copy from the USB to DISK:

- Extra: all of it.

- S/L/E: FakesSMC.kext

- S/L/E: AppleHDA.kext

8: From other MAC OS:

- Install the latest Chameleon on DISK.

- Install LAN package on DISK.

- Chameleon wizard: smbios.plist: default MACPRO 5,1

9: From other MAC OS: boot.plist:

- kernel flags: -v npcix3000

- USBBusFix

- DropSSDT yes.

- Force HPET yes.

- Ethernet: build in

- DSDT.aml (from Mountain lionize).

- UseKernelCache: Yes (later)

10: DISK: mounted back: boot from USB, DISK selected, system started and configure without any problem. (except Graphics not recognize and generic 3mb instead, then all original ATi kext were replaced, and now is recognized as a AMD 6xxx HD 1Gb: VGA not working well, HDMI perfect)

11: System configuration: Energy savings: no sleep on both.

12: Later, when starting to install stuff of configurating time machine, Reset problem came back

13: DISK: Original appleRTC.kext patched

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

14: No change: Reset problem still there.

15: DISK: NullPCIPowerManagement.kext installed.

16: The next boot with NullPCI is more stable, allowed me to install the server.app and configurate it... but when crashed again during time machine. But on reboot, the gained stability disappear...

16: No change: Reset problem still there or more problematic, got freezes also now.

The Ram is not detected as 1333Mhz but as a thousand and something.

I'm trying to get a console message (I suppose I'll be able to find something with the freeze) but it crashes before I get there... trying to at the moment.

If I don't login, it stay more stable... is it a problem from my graphics card? If it's a hardware problem, why am I able to install the whole system, configure it without any reset or freeze,... looks like I forgot something somewhere or do something terribly wrong.

Please help!

EDIT: gonna try to put my 2 Ram on the other channel... same result.

EDIT: AppleACPIPlatform.kext for fast boot applied. Boot faster... problem unsolved.

EDIT: kernel panic: this time I had time to get the information:

TLB invalidation IPI Time out. CPU(s) failed to respond to imterrupts, unresponsive CPU bitmap: 0x41, NMIP acks,...

One thing I'm noticing, and I don't know if this is normal or if there is a fix, but after installing Lion on my Asus machine, my DVD-Rom drive randomly makes the noise like it's resetting itself, as if I put a CD in and it's starting it's initial reading of the disc. The drive light flashes a few times, then stops. I can hear the motor go through it's initialization process (like when putting a disc in or rebooting the machine).

It does it frequently. Is there a fix for this, or is this just normal?

Bad news... on the next day, the resets cames back... like before... unable to use the computer. Damned. And some freezes also...

9: From other MAC OS: boot.plist:

- kernel flags: -v npcix3000

- USBBusFix

- DropSSDT yes.

- Force HPET yes.

- Ethernet: build in

- DSDT.aml (from Mountain lionize).

- UseKernelCache: Yes (later)

The Ram is not detected as 1333Mhz but as a thousand and something.

I'm trying to get a console message (I suppose I'll be able to find something with the freeze) but it crashes before I get there... trying to at the moment.

TLB invalidation IPI Time out. CPU(s) failed to respond to imterrupts, unresponsive CPU bitmap: 0x41, NMIP acks,...

take this out of boot option "- DropSSDT yes."

for ram, in terminal type: bdmesg

and look through list and see if Chameleon detected it properly

One thing I'm noticing, and I don't know if this is normal or if there is a fix, but after installing Lion on my Asus machine, my DVD-Rom drive randomly makes the noise like it's resetting itself, as if I put a CD in and it's starting it's initial reading of the disc. The drive light flashes a few times, then stops. I can hear the motor go through it's initialization process (like when putting a disc in or rebooting the machine).

It does it frequently. Is there a fix for this, or is this just normal?

If it's a SATA drive, try the AHCI injector I uploaded a few posts before. I included every SATA controller I could find on PCI ID database all with proper naming according to PCI ID db, some of which I've yet to see on a hackintosh yet, but just incase. But also has blockstorage injector to make DVD drive show as built-in/internal in OSX, fixing DVD player and keyboard eject keys along with orange icons for hard disks. It may not fix it, depends on why it's spinning up.

take this out of boot option "- DropSSDT yes."

for ram, in terminal type: bdmesg

and look through list and see if Chameleon detected it properly

- DropSSDT desactivated.

- RAM: when Chameleon start, it's indicating 1069Hz and not 1333 as it should.

Here is the result of bdmesg:

Chameleon 2.1svn (svn-r2070) [2012-10-14 23:26:12]
msr(383): platform_info 00001500
msr(387): flex_ratio 00000000
Sticking with [bCLK: 133Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 210]
CPU: Brand String:             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz
CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily:  0x756e6547/0x6/0x0
CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping:  0x1a/0x1/0x5
CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef:         0x0/0x15
CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv:           0x0/0x0
CPU: TSCFreq:                  2806MHz
CPU: FSBFreq:                  133MHz
CPU: CPUFreq:                  2806MHz
CPU: NoCores/NoThreads:        4/8
CPU: Features:                 0x000002ff
Attempting to read GPT
Read GPT
Reading GPT partition 1, type C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
Reading GPT partition 2, type 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist] 833 bytes.
Attempting to read GPT
Read GPT
Attempting to read GPT
Read GPT
Reading GPT partition 3, type C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
Attempting to read GPT
Read GPT
Module 'Symbols.dylib' by 'Chameleon' Loaded.
Description: Chameleon symbols for linking
Version: 0
Compat:  0
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/theme.plist] 2787 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/background.png] 160 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/logo.png] 9791 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_generic.png] 30749 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_generic_o.png] 31641 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus.png] 33224 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_o.png] 34030 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_ml.png] 29768 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_ml_o.png] 30578 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_lion.png] 28223 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_lion_o.png] 28963 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_sl.png] 29902 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_sl_o.png] 30684 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_leo.png] 28892 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_leo_o.png] 29666 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_tiger.png] 28400 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsplus_tiger_o.png] 29157 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid.png] 33806 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_o.png] 34633 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_ml.png] 30436 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_ml_o.png] 31257 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_lion.png] 28949 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_lion_o.png] 29725 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_sl.png] 30605 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_sl_o.png] 31378 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_leo.png] 29649 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_leo_o.png] 30429 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_tiger.png] 29104 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_hfsraid_tiger_o.png] 29917 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_ext3.png] 33010 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_ext3_o.png] 33943 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_freebsd.png] 27264 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_freebsd_o.png] 28018 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_openbsd.png] 28850 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_openbsd_o.png] 29596 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_befs.png] 27817 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_befs_o.png] 28529 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_fat.png] 32113 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_fat_o.png] 33007 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_ntfs.png] 34190 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_ntfs_o.png] 34992 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_cdrom.png] 31453 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_cdrom_o.png] 31312 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_selection.png] 148 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_scroll_prev.png] 3995 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/device_scroll_next.png] 3898 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_boot.png] 137 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_verbose.png] 137 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_ignore_caches.png] 137 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_single_user.png] 137 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_memory_info.png] 136 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_video_info.png] 136 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_help.png] 136 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_verbose_disabled.png] 135 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_ignore_caches_disabled.png] 135 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_single_user_disabled.png] 135 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/menu_selection.png] 158 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/progress_bar.png] 292 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/progress_bar_background.png] 139 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/text_scroll_prev.png] 562 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/text_scroll_next.png] 557 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/font_console.png] 2931 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Themes/Default/font_small.png] 3371 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 232 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist] 833 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 16627892 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 43103 bytes.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
LAN Controller [10ec:8168] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Setting up lan keys
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/smbios.plist] 681 bytes.
Intel NHM IMC DRAM Controller [8086:3405] at 00:00.0
Frequency detected: 534 MHz (1069) Dual Channel
CAS:8 tRC:8 tRP:8 RAS:20 (8-8-8-20)
SMBus CmdReg: 0x103
Scanning SMBus [8086:3a30], mmio: 0xfbafd004, ioport: 0x400, hostc: 0x1
SPD[0] (size): 146 @0x50
Slot: 0 Type 24 4096MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1069MHz Vendor=Kingston
     PartNo=99U5471-025.A00LF SerialNo=362872EA
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x51
SPD[0] (size): 146 @0x52
Slot: 2 Type 24 4096MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1069MHz Vendor=Kingston
     PartNo=99U5471-012.A00LF SerialNo=6525E51A
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x53
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x54
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x55
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x56
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x57
CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz, family 0x6, model 0x1a
Type: 0, Length: 24, Handle: 0x0
BIOSInformation:
vendor: Apple Inc.
version: MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432
releaseDate: 10/07/10
Type: 1, Length: 27, Handle: 0x1
SystemInformation:
manufacturer: Apple Inc.
productName: MacPro5,1
version: 1.0
serialNumber: CK238K05EUH
uuid: 60E0001E-8C00-00DB-D30E-20CF301D524B
wakeupReason: 0x6
skuNumber: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
family: Mac Pro
Type: 2, Length: 15, Handle: 0x2
BaseBoard:
manufacturer: Apple Inc.
product: Mac-F221BEC8
version: Rev 1.xx
serialNumber: 106160820001464
assetTagNumber: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
locationInChassis: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
boardType: 0xA
Type: 3, Length: 21, Handle: 0x3
SystemEnclosure:
manufacturer: Chassis Manufacture
type: 3
version: Chassis Version
serialNumber: Chassis Serial Number
assetTagNumber: Asset-1234567890
Type: 4, Length: 40, Handle: 0x4
ProcessorInformation:
socketDesignation: LGA1366
processorType: 3
processorFamily: 0xC6
manufacturer: Intel
processorID: 0x106A5
processorVersion: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
externalClock: 133MHz
maximumClock: 2806MHz
currentClock: 2800MHz
serialNumber: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
assetTag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
partNumber: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Type: 7, Length: 19, Handle: 0x5
Type: 7, Length: 19, Handle: 0x6
Type: 7, Length: 19, Handle: 0x7
Type: 5, Length: 28, Handle: 0x8
Type: 6, Length: 12, Handle: 0x9
Type: 6, Length: 12, Handle: 0xa
Type: 6, Length: 12, Handle: 0xb
Type: 6, Length: 12, Handle: 0xc
Type: 6, Length: 12, Handle: 0xd
Type: 6, Length: 12, Handle: 0xe
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0xf
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x10
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x11
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x12
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x13
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x14
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x15
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x16
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x17
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x18
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x19
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x1a
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x1b
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x1c
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x1d
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x1e
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x1f
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x20
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x21
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x22
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x23
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x24
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x25
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x26
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x27
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x28
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x29
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x2a
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x2b
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x2c
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x2d
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x2e
Type: 8, Length: 9, Handle: 0x2f
Type: 9, Length: 13, Handle: 0x30
Type: 9, Length: 13, Handle: 0x31
Type: 9, Length: 13, Handle: 0x32
Type: 9, Length: 13, Handle: 0x33
Type: 9, Length: 13, Handle: 0x34
Type: 9, Length: 13, Handle: 0x35
Type: 10, Length: 6, Handle: 0x36
Type: 11, Length: 5, Handle: 0x37
Type: 13, Length: 22, Handle: 0x38
Type: 15, Length: 55, Handle: 0x39
Type: 16, Length: 15, Handle: 0x3a
Type: 19, Length: 15, Handle: 0x3b
Type: 17, Length: 27, Handle: 0x3c
MemoryDevice:
deviceLocator: DIMM0
bankLocator: BANK0
memoryType: DDR3
memorySpeed: 1069MHz
manufacturer: Kingston
serialNumber: 362872EA
assetTag: AssetTagNum0
partNumber: 99U5471-025.A00LF
Type: 20, Length: 19, Handle: 0x3d
Type: 17, Length: 27, Handle: 0x3e
MemoryDevice:
deviceLocator: DIMM1
bankLocator: BANK1
memoryType: RAM
memorySpeed: 0MHz
manufacturer: N/A
serialNumber: N/A
assetTag: AssetTagNum1
partNumber: N/A
Type: 20, Length: 19, Handle: 0x3f
Type: 17, Length: 27, Handle: 0x40
MemoryDevice:
deviceLocator: DIMM2
bankLocator: BANK2
memoryType: DDR3
memorySpeed: 1069MHz
manufacturer: Kingston
serialNumber: 6525E51A
assetTag: AssetTagNum2
partNumber: 99U5471-012.A00LF
Type: 20, Length: 19, Handle: 0x41
Type: 17, Length: 27, Handle: 0x42
MemoryDevice:
deviceLocator: DIMM3
bankLocator: BANK3
assetTag: AssetTagNum3
Type: 20, Length: 19, Handle: 0x43
Type: 17, Length: 27, Handle: 0x44
MemoryDevice:
deviceLocator: DIMM4
bankLocator: BANK4
assetTag: AssetTagNum4
Type: 20, Length: 19, Handle: 0x45
Type: 17, Length: 27, Handle: 0x46
MemoryDevice:
deviceLocator: DIMM5
bankLocator: BANK5
assetTag: AssetTagNum5
Type: 20, Length: 19, Handle: 0x47
Type: 32, Length: 20, Handle: 0x48
Type: 139, Length: 94, Handle: 0x49
Type: 131, Length: 6, Handle: 0x49
AppleProcessorType:
ProcessorType: 0x701
Type: 132, Length: 6, Handle: 0x4a
AppleProcessorBusSpeed:
ProcessorBusSpeed (QPI): 4.8GT/s
Type: 127, Length: 4, Handle: 0x4b
Customizing SystemID with : 60e0001e-8c00-00db-d30e-20cf301d524b
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 43103 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Found ACPI CPU: P001
Found ACPI CPU: P002
Found ACPI CPU: P003
Found ACPI CPU: P004
Found ACPI CPU: P005
Found ACPI CPU: P006
Found ACPI CPU: P007
Found ACPI CPU: P008
Found ACPI CPU: P009
Found ACPI CPU: P010
Found ACPI CPU: P011
Found ACPI CPU: P012
Found ACPI CPU: P013
Found ACPI CPU: P014
Found ACPI CPU: P015
Found ACPI CPU: P016
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
P-States: min 0xc, max 0x15
SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
RSDT: Added 2 SSDT table(s)
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Added 2 SSDT table(s) into XSDT
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/Extra/Extensions.mkext]
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 22247 bytes.
Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=7B315E9B-12AE-3F38-9F42-4FA7090693E1 rd=*uuid -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No
UHCI controller [8086:3a37] at 00:1a.0 base 540(a801)
UHCI controller [8086:3a38] at 00:1a.1 base 544(a881)
UHCI controller [8086:3a39] at 00:1a.2 base 560(ac01)
EHCI controller [8086:3a3c] at 00:1a.7 DMA @fbaff000
Setting Legacy USB Off on controller [8086:3a3c] at 00:1a.7
Legacy USB Off Done
UHCI controller [8086:3a34] at 00:1d.0 base 504(a081)
UHCI controller [8086:3a35] at 00:1d.1 base 520(a401)
UHCI controller [8086:3a36] at 00:1d.2 base 524(a481)
EHCI controller [8086:3a3a] at 00:1d.7 DMA @fbafe000
Setting Legacy USB Off on controller [8086:3a3a] at 00:1d.7
Legacy USB Off Done

Thanx for your help!

Your base clock is at 133, so looks like memory multiplier is at 8 and you need to up it to 10 in bios, however I would recommend leaving it where it is and doing this instead:

In bios up your base clock to 166 and drop your CPU multiplier from 21(or auto) down to 19. This will also put your RAM at 1333 while putting CPU at 3.15ghz, a very mild overclock that won't require any extra cooling or voltage configuration, everything else can stay on auto. Your CPU will thank you for letting it out of it's cage a bit.

And, do your self a favor a pick up a triple channel set of ram, they're so inexpensive right now, and prices tend to cycle up and down. http://www.newegg.co...=Desktop-Memory . Shoot, get 2 if you can :)

• Like 1

console>all messages

Also, even though problem is likely unrelated, here is how drive should show up to have full functions as an internal DVD, done via injector, as well as corrected sata controller names just for looks

Shades.jpg

And make sure there's no disk in it :)