[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Aww, that sucks! I booted with cpus=1 and surely enough, everything works great, no freezing. There are no workarounds for this?

Only workarounds are booting with single CPU core, getting a different NIC, or running Snow Leo or older iirc. None are good workarounds, getting new NIC seems to be the best of the bunch :(

Hi, can someone help me with my onboard audio and hdmi audio from my gtx480 graphic card issue. I've managed to install Mountain Lion with the update and 'I think' all is working well. What I read is that I CANNOT use the audio via hdmi from my graphic card until I have the onboard audio working. I have used AD2000b.kext for my motherboard from this site but still no audio option. I then installed the VoodoHD and I get audio options but cannot use VoodoHD as it will not allow me to use the gtx480 hdmi sound.

So please could someone shed some light where im going wrong or modify my DSDT.aml to work my onboard audio and enable my gtx480 hdmi sound as that would be much appreciated and please could someone just check my dsdt.aml to ensure it's ok.

Once again, THANKYOU.

System Spec

Asus Rampage II Extreme

i7 920 d0 stock speed

GTX 480

I've had to rar the file as it would not allow me to upload.

DSDT.rar

Hello!

Can anyone help me?

I installed ML 10.8.2 on my ASUS P6T Deluxe (Core i7 320 + nVidia 9500 GT) and everything is working fine, except Sleep/Wake up.

When my hackintosh goes to sleep, after a while it wakes up (i think because of the "Wake on network") but hangs. The harddisks spin up, the fans are running, but there is always a black screen, and even over VNC it is not reachable.

After a hard reset, i can see my login-attemts over VNC.

I tried the nodarksleep=1 but the error stays.

Its really annoying, because the only thing i can do is to power off the machine complete (or don't allow it to go to sleep).

Thanks.

Hi ErmaC thanks for the quick response have downloaded the dsdt.aml file for my board and chip but can not remember how to install it sorry for the noob question but your help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Matt

The DSDT.aml need to be placed into /Extra/DSDT.aml

Fabio

DSDT solution for 10.7.4+ ACPI problems...

The DSDT are for 10.7.4+ not for Mountain Lion...

I know it work also in ML but need adjustment like HDEF...

Anywhere you rebuild the cache and set KernelCache to yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist? try... maybe help in the boot speed...

Fabio

Hi guys,

Bit of an update have had a play around and managed to massively reduce the boot times and so far the system is running well and seems stable only thing not working is the sleep function. I would really like to try and get this working has anyone been able to get this working on 10.8.2 using an asus p6t se board and i7 920 cpu. Please help if you can.

Many Thanks

Matt

And is sleep/wakeup working on your asus p6t? I followed those instructions too and on mine it's not. :)

Sleep works flawlessly here... :) Have you patch the AppleRTC kext ? you need to patch it in order to make sleep to work.

Sleep works flawlessly here... :) Have you patch the AppleRTC kext ? you need to patch it in order to make sleep to work.

Jep, patched it. Maybe i was doing it wrong. Could you tell me which dsdt.aml you are using, and what patch do you applied? There are several (Lion,Mountain Lion, false patch, right patch, not easy to find out because everyone write "Here is the patch" but not the applertc.kext version or osx version), please?

Jep, patched it. Maybe i was doing it wrong. Could you tell me which dsdt.aml you are using, and what patch do you applied? There are several (Lion,Mountain Lion, false patch, right patch, not easy to find out because everyone write "Here is the patch" but not the applertc.kext version or osx version), please?

My board is Asus P6T (vanilla/plain) and yours is P6T Deluxe so my DSDT can't be used with yours. IIRC Ermac has an updated DSDT for P6T Deluxe. as for AppleRTC.kext, I attached the one that I'm using.

AppleRTC.zip