[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

Lionize ASUS X58 LGA1366

• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

That would be me. i7 920 oced to 3,33GHz boots into Lion 10.7.4 fast with 3.3, geekbench score is 1k higher comparing to the old "universal" DSDT. Speedstep works fine 12-21x (2GHz-3,33GHz). Sleeps fine with no extra kexts.

If you put your machine in sleep... when you wake it all is fine or you get KP???

@taylorsyn today I will post my old material for SpeedStep.

Fabio

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts
@Jaball
Thx I'm able to boot with AppleACPIP.kext from 10.7.4.

I use my old DSDT code (3.3) and edit the _PSS...
Now I need time to find where the problem coming, because with the latest version of the DSDT (I try add the Speedtep code into latest DSDT) but give KP too...
So this is a good start...

Fabio

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
According to HWMonitor SpeedStep is working for me (PStates and CStates in Chameleon, CSTUsingSystemIo=Y). And it sleeps and wakes fine and fully, no panics,
no issues what-so-ever. Just noticed that it ignores the fixed x20 multiplier set in BIOS with turbo disabled - so the CPU works at 3,47GHz maxed out (still stable) at x21 multiplier
accouting for the higher geekbench score.

Posted Image

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

SpeedStep is working for me (PStates and CStates in Chameleon, CSTUsingSystemIo=Y).

You have P-States CStates and CSTUsingSystem set to YES in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

With out the SStep is off?

Fabio

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

You have P-States CStates and CSTUsingSystem set to YES in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Yep.

With out the SStep is off?

Checked that and... no. Apparently it makes no difference, system still is downclocking when idle with every $State setting is off in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts
OK guys.
We start with this.
Is for a test purpose.

P6T SEP6T Deluxe V1 / V2 / P6TD DeluxeI need to know... (USE the 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext)
- SS work w/o CStates and PStates Generator in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- Sleep Wake Restart works w/o any SleepEnabler (Of course you need to patch the AplleRTC.kext take a look at rayap topic for this)
- The boot time from Chameleon GUI to Lion Desktop Login (Set the KernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist) normally between 4(SSD HD) sec to 20(Normal HD).
- Audio (Vanilla so AppleHDA.kext) some kind of scratch?
- Other things not normal with "universal" DSDT

THX
Fabio

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts
I update the previous post.

PLS use the specific MOTHERBOARD + CPU
AND PLS ANY INFO AND FEEDBACK ARE WELCOME

Fabio

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

- SS work w/o CStates and PStates Generator in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- Sleep Wake Restart works w/o any SleepEnabler (Of course you need to patch the AplleRTC.kext take a look at rayap topic for this)
- The boot time from Chameleon GUI to Lion Desktop Login (Set the KernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist) normally between 4(SSD HD) sec to 20(Normal HD).
- Audio (Vanilla so AppleHDA.kext) some kind of scratch?
- Other things not normal with "universal" DSDT

P6T SE, 0908 BIOS
With the above i7 920 DSDT:
- SS works with all state generation set to „No” in Chameleon (goes to 12x when idle), but still uses for max the 21x multiplier - the „universal” one used the BIOS fixed one (20x) - no turbo
- Flawless Sleep and Wake without extra kexts (perl binpatched AppleRTC 10.7.4 - no cmos corruption after reboot)
- ~30s boottime for lion with UseKernelCache=Yes, no difference noted, Lion was always about 10s slower to boot comparing to SnowLeo for me (HDD)
- Binpatched 10.7.4 AppleHDA with the ALC1200 plist edits, no noise on both jacks (there was some frontpanel/headphone noise with 3.3), mic works - no means of checking optical, not using it.

taylorsyn

taylorsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

P6T SE, 0908 BIOS
With the above i7 920 DSDT:
- SS works with all state generation set to „No” in Chameleon (goes to 12x when idle), but still uses for max the 21x multiplier - the „universal” one used the BIOS fixed one (20x) - no turbo

What fakesmc plugins do you use with your board to get HWmonitor working?

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

What fakesmc plugins do you use with your board to get HWmonitor working?

Got the pack from kozlek: https://github.com/k.../zipball/master
Used the Installer and checked those that apply - everything except GeforceX (got RadeonX) and that experimental advanced (read the notes, afair it's ACPIsensors OR SuperIOSensors).
And the App, but not the HWMonitorExtra.
Note: remove all iterations of present FakeSMC before launching install, its places the new FakeSMC/plugin bundle in S/L/E not E/E.

taylorsyn

taylorsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Ok everything has been tested but the internal sound, Speed step working on i7 930 to x22 multiplier confirmed with HWmonitor . Kernel cache is the only extra option in o

rg.chameleon.Boot.plist. Boot time is normal only one new error:

stratup en error:

kernel: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

kernel: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

Present on real Macs also.

luk1985

luk1985

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
on Ausu P&T Deluxe V2 everything works perfect with your DSDT

SS, Sleep, fast boot with 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext

but i don´t know if Turbo is working, how can i check this??

luk

PiSToLBR

PiSToLBR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Fabio,

I'm currently using a Rampage II Extreme. Can I test one os this DSDT in my gear ?

Thanks,
PiSToL

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

on Ausu P&T Deluxe V2 everything works perfect with your DSDT

SS, Sleep, fast boot with 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext

but i don´t know if Turbo is working, how can i check this??

luk

PLS guys specify also what CPU you have!

Fabio,

I'm currently using a Rampage II Extreme. Can I test one os this DSDT in my gear ?

Thanks,
PiSToL

I reccomend not try... the motherboard are different... but if you wont the most close with your is the P6T Deluxe...

Fabio

PiSToLBR

PiSToLBR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Tested

P6T Deluxe (V1/V2/P6TD Deluxe) i7 920 -->

Posted ImageP6T_Deluxe_i7_920.zip

worked fine with Asus Rampage II Extreme . SS 12x - 21x . I think speedstep and turbo is working fine.

Good Job,

PiSToL

rjh

rjh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am trying to install Lion for the first time.

I downloaded OS Lion last weekend (27 May) so assume it is 10.7.4 (which is the version available today) - is there any way to check the version of the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app"? It is 4,202,676,489 bytes

I followed the steps in the first post - I chose Mac 4,1 option in Lionize. When Lion install started got the screen with translucent multi-lingual message stating I must turn off computer by holding down the on/off button - I assume this was a kernel panic.

I replaced DSDT.aml on USB stick with one for my mobo from post 566 and when Chameleon started the installer, it just hung displaying Apple logo and spinning wheel. So, an improvement.

Where to go from here?

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

I am trying to install Lion for the first time.

I downloaded OS Lion last weekend (27 May) so assume it is 10.7.4 (which is the version available today) - is there any way to check the version of the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app"? It is 4,202,676,489 bytes

I followed the steps in the first post, but when Lion install started got the screen with translucent multi-lingual message stating I must turn off computer by holding down the on/off button - I assume this was a kernel panic.

I replaced DSDT.aml on USB stick with one for my mobo from post 566 and when Chameleon started the installer, it just hung displaying Apple logo and spinning wheel. So, an improvement.

Where to go from here?

Also Martytoof modified my Lionize for allow recreance to be lunched in 10.7.4 Lionize.zip
try install this Enoch-r1982.pkg.zip the USB and after on the destination volume (Is my Version of Chameleon as a very complete list of supported GFX card)
Fabio

rjh

rjh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Fabio, but this did not work, I get kernel panic after installer starts.

One small thing is that the Lionize script unmounts the USB drive when it completes and it then does not appear in destination for package.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,636 posts

Thanks Fabio, but this did not work, I get kernel panic after installer starts.

One small thing is that the Lionize script unmounts the USB drive when it completes and it then does not appear in destination for package.

You do the creation process of the USB (Lionize) from Snow Leopard?

Also You already look around if other people have the same issue with you GFX model in Lion?

Fabio

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionize, ASUS X58 LGA1366

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy