[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info. I tried clicking on the Enoch zip file but was block from downloading even though I was sigh in. How do I get to this zip file?

It may have been updated killing that link, just go to the new release section in forums and it's sticky at the top of the list. Sounds like your problem is not chameleon version though, but ethernet not set as both "built-in" and assigned as "en0", if it's listed as en1, you will need to correct that first before any app store or icloud will work. Just search the ML threads for "iCloud" and same fix will apply to 10.7.anything.

Hello there,I have Asus P6X58d-e, i7-920, nVidia gtx260 and SSD OCZ Vertex III. I used mountain lionize script from the Italian thread, and everything worked except the sound, but I used pached AppleHDA kext and it shine like the sun :) The only thing that remain is the very slow boot. I saw many of you have similar problems, so can you please point me at some directions where to look or what to change? Regards,Kiril

my little feedback for the new dsdt (page 29 if new ones like me didn't follow the topic/ mine is asus p6td deluxe i7 920 in ML 10.8.1):

- works like charm, under 20s booting (but i do miss the spinning wheel, it's gone???), no need to rollback acpiplatform kext, speedstep w/o cstate and pstate enabler in plist

- audio doesn't work with yr patched AppleHDA.kext. Still use the Asus P5Q deluxe kexts. Ok

- sleep can work with patched RTC w/o SleepEnabler, but not with the fakesmc I download from osx86. I need yr light on this subject too: with the fakesmc from osx86 it ask me to merge with my iCloud account when I check the Notes box; whereas with other fakesmc kexts it ask me to create a new email .me??

- autosleep and waking from it. Ok

- my gigabyte gtx 460 can't be set in idle after waking from sleep. Do I need to edit agpm or smt else to control G-States?

edit: update audio works now, i forgot to edit dsdt (change layout id of HDEF from 0C to 63).

fakesmc from osx86 is the old version for lion (don't know why it's labeled r616)

power management of the gtx 460 is back to normal (i need to patch the RTC everytime i make change in chameleon plist???)

So till now a most perfect and easiest hackintosh i can have (credits to ermac :thumbsup_anim: ) except perharps little issue: my graphics card needs an open CL patch to run luxmark.

Just wanna say I managed to get Mountain Lion working on my R2E.

I replaced the DSDT in the Mountain-Lionize package with the one maltba uploaded in Page 35, and after installation I ran finalize before the installer restarted the computer (I chose not to install Chameleon). Booted from the USB stick to the HDD install, dropped AppleHDA.kext (uploaded by maltba) into Kext Utility, installed r2042 Chameleon, and restart, voila! sound.

But boot time is extremely slow, takes up to 1.5 minutes. Haven't ran with verbose mode yet so I'm not sure what's the issue..

Use an older version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext (I used 1.3.5 as suggested by Sennen).

EDIT: Updated to 10.8.1, no tweaking required.

EDIT: Dual monitors not working! :(

EDIT: Updated to 10.8.2, I reinstalled AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleHDA.kext through Kext Wizard.

• Like 1

If it's getting stuck on the line "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111" then replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with an older version (I'm using 1.3.5) fixed the slow boot issue for me.

Thank you it worked for me also on MB P6X58d-e!

Here's the DSDT I'm using right now. It has a CPU section for an i7 950 so if you have a different CPU you'll need to change that. I can't guarantee it will work on 10.7.4 because I haven't tested it with that, but it does let me boot into 10.8 without panicking, so I would imagine it will work. It does boot slowly though as it still hangs on the vector error that normally causes the panic for other people.

I also seem to have this other problem with mine where it cycles in and out of sleep. I'll put it to sleep, it stays asleep for a minute or so, then it wakes up except for the screens for 30 seconds (sleep walking?), then goes back to sleep again. If I click the mouse when it's "sleep walking" it will drop any USB connections and sometimes freeze, but if I wake it up when it's actually asleep, it's fine.

Can you tell me how do you generate the cpu part ?

Barnum

Hey guys I have an atheros based PCI wifi card, and when I modified the kext to make it recognized (DWA-552) the system freezes when any wifi communication is made. It doesn't freeze if I let it sit there not connected to an access point.

Attached is my DSDT... I'm using the 2nd PCI port (the lower one) on my Asus p6t deluxe v2.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that it may be an IRQ conflict, but I can't find any fix. Anyone have an idea?

dsdt.aml.zip

Dojoman- This will depend on what chipset your card uses, would need device ID to know more, but it sounds like it's unsupported and if it's the same issue I'm thinking of, it mimics IRQ conflict, but will never work properly on any multi core CPU. You can try booting with cpus=1 and if card works fine, odd as it may sound, your screwed unless you want to only use 1 core all the time. If no difference, there may be hope and you can repost in this section for further help, and include device ID and vendor ID

Anyone with success update to 10.8.2 already? BTW How can I clone my working and active ML partition to another drive?

Yes already on 10.8.2, just updated from the app.Store, and with the fast boot with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.

For the fast boot use the Kext utility and drop the kext: AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 in to the app.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=110236

Kext utility http://cvad-mac.naro....app.v2.5.1.zip

Much more stable than the previous version ;)

Any one know who do i put the sound in my P6T SE Working?

The OSX is the best of the world right now.

Yes already on 10.8.2, just updated from the app.Store, and with the fast boot with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.

For the fast boot use the Kext utility and drop the kext: AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 in to the app.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=110236

Kext utility http://cvad-mac.naro....app.v2.5.1.zip

Much more stable than the previous version ;)

Any one know who do i put the sound in my P6T SE Working?

The OSX is the best of the world right now.

Updated to 10.8.2 here also went smoothly, no problems so far. As for sound have you tried the ALC_1063 drivers ? You can find it on the Sound section. I'm using that driver and it's working perfectly on 10.8.2.

Just use Kext Wizard to install it.

Thank you so much is up and runing, finaly i have sound again.

Can the first post have this informacions, to audio to work and a faster boot?

Or

At Least a informacion about the topic here you can find it?