scott_donald

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Let me know...

Fabio

thanks fabio... about to try it now...

edit - works.. never use sleep but what is the new feature???

scott_donald

scott_donald

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
just noticed i have no sound and tried to run recrendae and it says it does work for versions less than 10.7

Martytoof

Martytoof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
You can use the one I updated for 10.7.4 for myself (which is based on the latest 1.07 release of Lionize from the OP as of a few days ago)

Or if you don't want to run a script posted by a stranger on the internet, you can edit in the necessary checks yourself:

You have to edit Lionize/Base/Recrendae.sh file to add a specific check for 10.7.4.

Look for a line that says:

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ]; then

and replace it with

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.4" ]; then

Attached Files

scott_donald

scott_donald

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

You can use the one I updated for 10.7.4 for myself (which is based on the latest 1.07 release of Lionize from the OP as of a few days ago)

Or if you don't want to run a script posted by a stranger on the internet, you can edit in the necessary checks yourself:

You have to edit Lionize/Base/Recrendae.sh file to add a specific check for 10.7.4.

Look for a line that says:

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ]; then

and replace it with

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.4" ]; then

thanks... just used yours and it works... much appreciated!!!

taylorsyn

taylorsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Hi guys!

Here we go.....

Just arrive few hour ago from a nice holiday :-)

Ok I see on the web... with the 10.7.4 the "big" problem coming with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext...
so My first test was re-edit the DSDT... but I have no time...
So I "edit" a backup version of the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard 10.6.8... I just Edit the version.plist and the .info (cosmetics)çfor the rest is 100% a SL .kext
Install it with Kext Wizard, repair disk permission and rebuild cache.

Fabio

Why cant we use a modified 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Martytoof

Martytoof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Why cant we use a modified 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Do we know how to modify it yet? My understanding was that we weren't sure why it was KP'ing on us, but an earlier one worked. So if there's some way to patch 10.7.4's AppleACPIPlatform.kext then that's probably the better option.

Though I haven't heard of it yet.

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
guys is it just a case of run the combo update replace the kext and that it ?

falconnl

falconnl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

guys is it just a case of run the combo update replace the kext and that it ?

It only worked for me by installing the combo update an not to reboot afterwards. So when the installation of the combo update is done leave that window open and do not restart. Then install the kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext with kext wizard like ErmaC said. Then you can reboot. The only thing that didn't work was audio. But with the lionize.zip file which was posted a few posts above everything works perfectly..

Thnx ermac for the great guide you have written to install OSX Lion... Is a guide for mountain lion also an option for the x58 motherboards or is it almost the same as osx lion?

Martytoof

Martytoof

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Also everyone should do themselves a favour. Download CarbonCopyCloner, buy a spare disk. Hell, I think even an external USB disk will do. Run CarbonCopyCloner and clone your internal hard drive before you run updates. Don't forget to run Chameleon/Chimera bootloader against your new backup to make it bootable.

This is obviously not really feasible if you have a main disk that's like 2TB in size, or keep all your media on your boot HD, but if you can choose to exclude folders from your backup, etc.

This isn't really X58 specific advice, but generally makes installing updates a less hairy process, knowing you can test the update against a cloned copy of your hard drive.

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

It only worked for me by installing the combo update an not to reboot afterwards. So when the installation of the combo update is done leave that window open and do not restart. Then install the kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext with kext wizard like ErmaC said. Then you can reboot. The only thing that didn't work was audio. But with the lionize.zip file which was posted a few posts above everything works perfectly.. Thnx ermac for the great guide you have written to install OSX Lion... Is a guide for mountain lion also an option for the x58 motherboards or is it almost the same as osx lion?

thanks
works like a charm backed up my gtx470 next but the setting war back to normal so had to re configure apple graphics management etc , back up and running, didn't have to run lionise tho ?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

It only worked for me by installing the combo update an not to reboot afterwards. So when the installation of the combo update is done leave that window open and do not restart. Then install the kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext with kext wizard like ErmaC said. Then you can reboot. The only thing that didn't work was audio. But with the lionize.zip file which was posted a few posts above everything works perfectly..

Thnx ermac for the great guide you have written to install OSX Lion... Is a guide for mountain lion also an option for the x58 motherboards or is it almost the same as osx lion?

I don't know about any of the scripts, but manual instal of Mountain Lion (so far=DP3 upd2) on Asus x58 is almost identical to 10.7.4, including rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext which has been needed since first ML DP1 to fix long hang during boot on Sabertooth and other x58(probably all of them, just can't confirm), although it does not KP without the rollback, it seems like it does. I have had no ill effects from using the older version, and actually, for reasons I cannot remember anymore, have been using the Snow Leopard version of that kext since at least 10.7.0 and possible even the early Lion developer previews(which may be were it was first needed and I just carried it over to through each new update). I need to start keeping a journal or something cause it all gets blended together in my head after a while :)

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Do you guys still need a P6T SE w/ 930 DSDT v3.3? I just took the 920 one and found a cpu section for a 930 somewhere else and mixed them together. Got 10.7.4 on one now with no ACPIPlatform rollbacks.

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Do you guys still need a P6T SE w/ 930 DSDT v3.3? I just took the 920 one and found a cpu section for a 930 somewhere else and mixed them together. Got 10.7.4 on one now with no ACPIPlatform rollbacks.

was the orig version with the 920 info from this thread or do u have link? I wanted to take a look at something in it. Thanx

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
It's the one from this thread.

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Haven't had time to look, but is there a 3.3 dsdt for the P6T WS pro? Doesn't matter what CPU I can fix that.

akhenamenra

akhenamenra

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
any one got a link to the latest fakesmc as my console is having anerisms as per below

Attached Files

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,631 posts

any one got a link to the latest fakesmc as my console is having anerisms as per below

How you set your mac model?
MacPro3,1 / 4,1 / 5,1 ???

Here my FakeSMC (one of the latest from mozodojo aka kozlek) the Info.plist are set in Debug off
Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   51.52KB   33 downloads

Anyway... I have no time for more test... but someone as say with my old version of DSDT 3.3(specific CPU) we are able to boot w/o replace the AppleACPIP.kext?
What about th startup time?

Fabio

Jaball

Jaball

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Anyway... I have no time for more test... but someone as say with my old version of DSDT 3.3(specific CPU) we are able to boot w/o replace the AppleACPIP.kext?

That would be me. i7 920 oced to 3,33GHz boots into Lion 10.7.4 fast with 3.3, geekbench score is 1k higher comparing to the old "universal" DSDT. Speedstep works fine 12-21x (2GHz-3,33GHz). Sleeps fine with no extra kexts.

taylorsyn

taylorsyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Fabio

I am more than happy to test but i do not have DSDT 3.3 for my i7 930 can you please upload it or send me a link and I will test and report back with my findings

vonmolk

vonmolk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Here is a modified DSDT for the Rampage II Extreme. I just took the p6t se v3.3 dsdt and changed a few things for the motherboard. Only thing I do not have working in this DSDT is Firewire. It does however allow 10.7.4 without kext rollback. Also there is no delay in boot with this DSDT. If anyone wants to please point me in the right direction to fix firewire or want to fix the firewire and send it my way for testing.

Made some minor tweaks for the Rampage II Extreme using Ermacs P6T Deluxe DSDT.aml. Thanks to Ermac for the DSDT.aml. All i did was make slight modifications to it for the Rampage II Extreme. I have this set for the i7 920. Speedstep/Turbo does appear to be working and there is no need to rollback the AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionize, ASUS X58 LGA1366

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy