[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

I have found a pretty serious bug USB 2 write speeds are at a snails pace! However reading from the same device is acceptable

Writing to a USB 2 memory stick:

post-151448-0-89269300-1339640743_thumb.png

Reading the same file:

post-151448-0-37269000-1339640846_thumb.png

The new DSDT works good, thank you very much. Only sleepenabler.kext causes a kernel panic and without it the computer wakes up immediately after going to sleep.

You have the older Bios on your MOBO update that first, my machine goes to sleep when I manually tell it to and stays that way. However auto sleep not working

You have the older Bios on your MOBO update that first, my machine goes to sleep when I manually tell it to and stays that way. However auto sleep not working

It's actually the newest Bios version, I didn't update my sig. It stays in sleep when I tell it to, but I had autosleep working using PleaseSleep and that doesn't work anymore. I'm a big fan of autosleep ;)

Hi Fabio, it's good to see that you are still updating this stuff.

I replaced the old DSDT.aml that was dated one year old with this new one you provided 2 pages back: "P6T Deluxe (V1/V2/P6TD Deluxe) i7 920 -->  P6T_Deluxe_i7_920.zip"

Then I ran the 10.7.4 Combo updater, patched AppleRTC.kext and AppleHDA.kext. I patched IOAHCIFamily.kext for TRIM support too.

So far everything seems to work fine. :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses: :star_sunglasses:

Greetings,

Karina

Hello ASUS friends,

i just installed Lion with Lionizer 1.07 on my ASUS P6T Del. V1. i940, but the core temp's don't show up. Is the DSDT at Fabios package dedicated to a special Bios Version of the board ?

My Bios rev. is 2208.

thx Bert

ErmaC, could you please chime in what this is all about:

http://tonymacx86.bl...-14-update.html:

• Added patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext by ErmaC
    • Prevents kernel panic on ASUS x58 motherboard

I just took a look at it using Pacafist, thinking it was probably just a roll back to version 1.3.5 or 1.3.6, but it is newer version 1.5, next question would be is there and difference in performance or other benefits to using this instead of the older version? Will test myself shortly, curious to see if 2 min boot delay still occurs in ML

Hello ASUS friends,

i just installed Lion with Lionizer 1.07 on my ASUS P6T Del. V1. i940, but the core temp's don't show up. Is the DSDT at Fabios package dedicated to a special Bios Version of the board ?

My Bios rev. is 2208.

thx Bert

What app are you using to monitor temps and have you installed any of the HW/thermal monitoring plug-ins for your board?

Extracted and installed the above mentioned appleACPIPlatform.kext, no issues thus far. I did not get the long hangup during boot that was present with unmodified version. Never got any KP's on the Sabertooth, but since it fixes the boot hang I got instead, it should also fix KP's for those who have that problem. As for any difference from just using unmodified SL version, nothing easily apparent. Testing, as always, continues.....

If there is no difference in behavior, I will probably revert to the unmodified SL version as after a software update, having the different version # makes it easier to quickly look and see what has changed and what I then need to remove or replace. If I have 2 like kexts, one patched and one not, but otherwise no differences that can be seen, I will get them mixed up at some point I'm sure.

Thanks, this was the missing link. I did not install any sensors with stat nano. HWMonitor is working for me, at least for the temps at the CPU,MB, HD and GPU. The fan speed is still not shown but thats not necessary. http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1643&hl=radeonx.
I can only ever seem to get 2 of the available fans to show up, the CPU fan and only one of the chassis fans. Enable hidden sensors in HW monitor and it should then show all the available fan sensors, hopefully they won't all be 0rpm :) That option may only be available in Kozlek's branch of FakeSMC/plugins and HW monitor which you can try for comparison, available here HWSensors

OK, this was unexpected, maybe a bit off topic, while doing some testing on ACPIPlatform and also newest version for fakeSMC, I was getting geekbench scores almost 3000 points lower, SSD speeds down by 50mbs, memory speeds down by 1000mbs, Cinebench GPU tests 8fps lower. I had removed USBBusFix from my org.chameleon.Boot.plist at the same time out of curiosity on how USB may act differently during sleep/wake. Never did get to test that tho. So having changed the 2 above kexts and then having these low scores, I assumed it was one of them. After much testing and rolling back, turns out USBBusFix had this effect, once I put it back in my boot plist, everything was back to full speed. This was all with newest Enoch and ML DP4 upd1. Seems it effects other buses as well.

Thanks, this was the missing link. I did not install any sensors with stat nano.

HWMonitor is working for me, at least for the temps at the CPU,MB, HD and GPU. The fan speed is still not shown but thats not necessary.

http://www.projectos...643&hl=radeonx.

Your actually using the wrong version (older) download the newest one here:

https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/downloads

Then navigate to the Installer/Build/HWSensors.mpkg and open that.

From there choose Custom install you should have the following automatically checked:

HW Monitor Utility

FakeSMC

IntelThermal

SuperIOSensors

Now just choose the corresponding sensor for you Graphics card:

ATI: ATYSensors

Nvidia: Nouveau Sensors (Or the older version is NVClockX)

I have a P6T7 WS and need to patch my DSDT. Any idea what patches in DSDTSE to apply ?

I get stuck at the IOAPIC with any dsdt - including the one from here.

With 10.7.4, I also installed the nvidia web drivers and now get a black screen..

I used the AppleACPIPlatform kext to avoid problems after the 10.7.4 install.

I have a P6T7 WS and need to patch my DSDT. Any idea what patches in DSDTSE to apply ?

I get stuck at the IOAPIC with any dsdt - including the one from here.

With 10.7.4, I also installed the nvidia web drivers and now get a black screen..

I used the AppleACPIPlatform kext to avoid problems after the 10.7.4 install.

At the moment you have 2 options, install AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leo or patched version. They both seem to work the same. I included both, v1.3.5 from snow and patched v1.5.0

Your actually using the wrong version (older) download the newest one here:

https://github.com/k...nsors/downloads

Then navigate to the Installer/Build/HWSensors.mpkg and open that.

From there choose Custom install you should have the following automatically checked:

HW Monitor Utility

FakeSMC

IntelThermal

SuperIOSensors

Now just choose the corresponding sensor for you Graphics card:

ATI: ATYSensors

Nvidia: Nouveau Sensors (Or the older version is NVClockX)

The version bertig linked is not really old, only a month or so (5/5/2012), but is different branch being maintained by Slice, where you and I both linked Kozlek branch which includes discussion thread here on Insanelymac. Both with get the job done, but I think Kozlek tends to update his branch more often.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

AppleACPIPlatformPatched.kext.zip

I just took a look at it using Pacafist, thinking it was probably just a roll back to version 1.3.5 or 1.3.6, but it is newer version 1.5, next question would be is there and difference in performance or other benefits to using this instead of the older version? Will test myself shortly, curious to see if 2 min boot delay still occurs in ML

The version number "1.5" seems misleading. I did a binary compare of the content and found that the patched version is nearly identical to AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.3.5. Just a few bytes changed in the actual binaries. Size is identical.

• Like 1

Hi Fabio or anyone,

I have my hack working just fine with SL but i get a SSD and decide install Lion on it. My installation following the steps on this tread hangs always. Look at the picture and give some ideas.

Thanks guys,

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 - Bios 0504

CPU: Intel i7-920

Video Card: XFX Radeon 5770 (Just one card installed)

Ram: Corsair 12GB - 1600

SSD Vertex 3 128 GB

post-432375-0-93726200-1340677920_thumb.jpg

I installed ACPIPlatform 1.5 and it works fine. I am trying to get a GTX 560 to work, hence I need to patch the dsdt.aml I extracted using Aida64 from Windows.

What patches did you apply to this dsdt ?

I can only boot if there is no dsdt selected..

I installed ACPIPlatform 1.5 and it works fine. I am trying to get a GTX 560 to work, hence I need to patch the dsdt.aml I extracted using Aida64 from Windows.

What patches did you apply to this dsdt ?

I can only boot if there is no dsdt selected..

If you read my post, two posts back you will see how I got my gtx 570 to work also take note I am using the Apple Drivers only no Nvidia Drivers aside from Cuda.

Hello taylorsn & epp, thanks for the ink to the actual HWsensors version. By now i haven't find out, how to create binaries from the source files but the latest version seems to to work. Only the DRAM Voltage (1,697V) makes me a little bit nervous :)

Hello taylorsn & epp, thanks for the ink to the actual HWsensors version. By now i haven't find out, how to create binaries from the source files but the latest version seems to to work. Only the DRAM Voltage (1,697V) makes me a little bit nervous :)

the download includes source, but also includes compiled binaries and an installer to use, so no xcode is needed

the voltages only half display correct unless you adjust the gains in the plist of the mono sensors plug-in

Hi!

My wife updated my 10.7.2 = KP.

So on another computer I downloaded lion 10.7.4 from AppStore, used the modifyed lionize (checks for 10.7.4!?) to make an installation-USB. I choose Macpro 4,1. Than I replaced both the DSDT (with new one from Fabio) and the AppleACPIPlatform.kext (1.5 patched) on the usb.

Installation went fine, but I always end up with the same KP as after my wife updated (IOAPIC, then system uptime) sorry cant provide sceenshot from the phone.

I think I have my machine in sig, but just to be sure since I'm writing from the iPhone:

p6t deluxe v2, i7 920, 12gb ram

Sorry for awful English!