[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

are you saying that with this dsdt we can go to 10.7.4?

Yep, sadly these were mostly deleted from the board - backed up mine (yay) - the only links left working are here:

http://www.insanelym...2

Still, mind it's a CPU&MoBo specific temporary solution. Well, at least for me.

If someone got the rest of the lot, guess some P6T SE and Deluxe users would be obliged if they were posted here.

In the linked thread above there are some working links for newer DSDT.aml versions for the two said MoBo's as well as older versions.

You can play around with them (newer are dubbed 3.4 and 3.5 respectively, but are lager in size - 3.3 was a minimal stripped edit,

the larger ones are likely to contain the code that gives the KP on 10.7.4).

Hi guys!

I'm away until next week...

I know there is problem with 10.7.4 and Asus X58,

When I go back home I post some material for test.

probably I have archived in some "lost" backup the DSDT specific processors for each kind of LGA1366 i7 CPUs

What you can do if accidentally done the update at 10.7.4 is try start w/o DSDT...

But as I say I'm away from my babies

Fabio

I found the original page with the links to the DSDT's but none of them work, they are all broken! Page is here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=208724

ErmaC you must have these archived somewhere?

If anyone has ErmaC's V3,3 DSDT for i7 930 please upload

Similarly, if anyone has the i7 920 P6T Deluxe (original, not V2, if it makes a difference) I would be very grateful for the DSDT.

Hi to all,

I've got the P6T SE and confirm it works with Post #521. (Core i7 920, 6 GB RAM, Nvida GTX 260)

I didn't change the org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>hd(0,1)/DSDT.aml</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Run the Combo Update and now I'm on 10.7.4

Maybe some further DSDTs on this site http://www.insanelym...pic=189052&st=0

Thanks!

i've got an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 - i920 - 6 gigs

could someone provide the latest DSDT?

also, after running the combo update and running the Recrendae script,

is there a way to run an OSX install off of a USB stick or DVD in order to

use the Terminal (easy i know - i have a Snow Leopard Install DVD) and Kext Wizard (but what about this?)?

i'm still running 10.7.2 at the moment, btw.

thanx!!

Hey everyone,

I'm running an ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 with an i7 920 and 6 gigs of ram as well, and I used the DSDT provided for the p6r deluxe at the beginning of this thread.

All runs well, but what seems like at random, my computer won't come out of sleep, and just black screen. I can tell when it's going to happen, because only the power button will even turn all the fans and power on, when normally I can hit a keyboard key or click the mouse to take the computer successfully out of sleep. Anyone else experience this? Anyone found a fix? Thanks guys!

Thank you Fabio for the amazing guide.

I've (almost) successfully installed Lion 10.7.3 on my R2E:

i7 920

Rampage II Extreme

6GB Kingston HyperX 1066MHz (only 4GB detected.. stupid Asus X58)

ATI Radeon 4870 (works oob with GraphicsEnabler=No)

Just a few questions:

1. How do I set Chameleon to use native screen resolutions? Currently it displays as a stretched screen.

2. After I ran the combo updates, I only ran Recrendae as I didn't have other Mac OSes installed. It seemed to work fine, but what would be the benefits if I actually ran vsdbutil and the cache rebuild commands?

Thank you again!

i've got an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 - i920 - 6 gigs

could someone provide the latest DSDT?

also, after running the combo update and running the Recrendae script,

is there a way to run an OSX install off of a USB stick or DVD in order to

use the Terminal (easy i know - i have a Snow Leopard Install DVD) and Kext Wizard (but what about this?)?

i'm still running 10.7.2 at the moment, btw.

thanx!!

I've tried with the installer USB stick, but vsdbutil is not available in the installer.

My updates worked without me using these commands though.

While waiting for Fabio to come back from vacation. I have a P6T WS Pro, was working perfectly with Lionize and 10.7.3. 10.7.4 brought the dreaded KP.

What workes for me:

- Brutal solution: remove the DSDT.aml from /Extra. 10.7.4 will slowly boot, but you will lose sound, sleep, etc.

- Better solution: move /System/Library/Extension/AppleACPIPLatform.kext to somewhere else. Copy into /System/Library/Extension AppleACPIPLatform.kext from Snow Leopard (the last was version 1.3.6). Re-run the part of the script that fixes the audio, i.e.

cp "${SCRIPT_PATH}/Audio/AD2000B_LION/layout12.xml" "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/"

chown 0:0 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml"

chmod 644 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml"

cp "${SCRIPT_PATH}/Audio/AD2000B_LION/Platforms.xml" "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/"

chown 0:0 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml"

chmod 644 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml"

cp -R "${SCRIPT_PATH}/Audio/AD2000B_LION/Info.plist" "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/"

chown 0:0 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

chmod 644 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

and

perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA"

Reboot. You're back to having a working 10.7.4 (admittedly with an old ACPIPLatform)

Attached AppleACPIPlatform_1.3.6.zip

AppleACPIPlatform_1.3.6.zip

Hi,

I had the X58 Sabertooth KP issue which is now fixed, sadly by swapping out the motherboard for a gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R ver1.0 my son had lying around. 10.7.4 works fine.

Unless you use ebay where they are still expensive, it would appear that the X58 boards are now obsolete they are no longer available locally in Singapore.. Pity. I would still love to know what the problem is with the X58 Sabertooth, as the same build (software) works fine on the Gigabyte MB, just had to change the DSDT.

Thanks guys and good luck....

While waiting for Fabio to come back from vacation. I have a P6T WS Pro, was working perfectly with Lionize and 10.7.3. 10.7.4 brought the dreaded KP.

What workes for me:

- Brutal solution: remove the DSDT.aml from /Extra. 10.7.4 will slowly boot, but you will lose sound, sleep, etc.

- Better solution: move /System/Library/Extension/AppleACPIPLatform.kext to somewhere else. Copy into /System/Library/Extension AppleACPIPLatform.kext from Snow Leopard (the last was version 1.3.6). Re-run the part of the script that fixes the audio, i.e.

cp "${SCRIPT_PATH}/Audio/AD2000B_LION/layout12.xml" "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/"

chown 0:0 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml"

chmod 644 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml"

cp "${SCRIPT_PATH}/Audio/AD2000B_LION/Platforms.xml" "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/"

chown 0:0 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml"

chmod 644 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml"

cp -R "${SCRIPT_PATH}/Audio/AD2000B_LION/Info.plist" "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/"

chown 0:0 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

chmod 644 "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

and

perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' "$BASE_TARGET/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA"

Reboot. You're back to having a working 10.7.4 (admittedly with an old ACPIPLatform)

Attached AppleACPIPlatform_1.3.6.zip

Can we just use the ACPIPlatform from 10.7.3 or does it have to be the 10.6 one?

For what it's worth, I tried both AppleAPCIPlatforms from 10.7.3 AND 10.6.8 and both gave me the same kernel panic a minute and change in.

Still hoping for a solution :(

(i7 920, P6T Deluxe [v1], 12gb RAM)

edit: Actually I'm incorrect. When I use the 10.7.3 ACPI kext I get the kernel panic after two minutes. When I use the 10.6.8 ACPI kext I get a kernel panic IMMEDIATELY that says

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"

Net result is the same, but I'd love to know if any of you solved this somehow.

Bootloader is up to date (Chimera 1.9.x, whatever is the latest as of this date)

edit: Okay I fixed this. It turns out that when I downloaded and extracted the ACPI kext it extracted into a folder called "AppleACPIPlatform.kext". I accidentally dragged that folder into /S/L/E instead of the actual kext.

Everything's working great with 10.7.4 + 10.6.8's ACPI kext.

Hi guys!

Here we go.....

Just arrive few hour ago from a nice holiday :-)

Ok I see on the web... with the 10.7.4 the "big" problem coming with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext...

so My first test was re-edit the DSDT... but I have no time...

So I "edit" a backup version of the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard 10.6.8... I just Edit the version.plist and the .info (cosmetics)çfor the rest is 100% a SL .kext

Install it with Kext Wizard, repair disk permission and rebuild cache.

All work again as before: Audio,Sleep,Shutdown,EIST,boot speed. "PERFECT?"

I Still using the same DSDT as for the 10.7.3 and the same flag in the org.chameleon.boot.plist (NO GENERATE C-STATE and NO GENERATE P-STATE).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (10.6.8)--> AppleACPIPlatform

Note and also the "new" feature (windows status? when stop/restart works!)

Let me know...

Fabio

Everything works great. I just had to change the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, then edit 10.7.4 into the Lionize scripts and run them.

Now I just realized that I don't have any speedstep enabled. My i7 920 is running at 2.67ghz constantly, according to cpu-x. Not sure how to go about fixing this.

Also, ErmaC I hope you had a great vacation :)

You can use the one I updated for 10.7.4 for myself (which is based on the latest 1.07 release of Lionize from the OP as of a few days ago)

Or if you don't want to run a script posted by a stranger on the internet, you can edit in the necessary checks yourself:

You have to edit Lionize/Base/Recrendae.sh file to add a specific check for 10.7.4.

Look for a line that says:

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ]; then

and replace it with

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.4" ]; then

Lionize.zip

• Like 1

You can use the one I updated for 10.7.4 for myself (which is based on the latest 1.07 release of Lionize from the OP as of a few days ago)

Or if you don't want to run a script posted by a stranger on the internet, you can edit in the necessary checks yourself:

You have to edit Lionize/Base/Recrendae.sh file to add a specific check for 10.7.4.

Look for a line that says:

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ]; then

and replace it with

if [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.0" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.1" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.2" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.3" ] || [ "$OS_VERSION" == "10.7.4" ]; then

thanks... just used yours and it works... much appreciated!!!

Hi guys!

Here we go.....

Just arrive few hour ago from a nice holiday :-)

Ok I see on the web... with the 10.7.4 the "big" problem coming with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext...

so My first test was re-edit the DSDT... but I have no time...

So I "edit" a backup version of the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard 10.6.8... I just Edit the version.plist and the .info (cosmetics)çfor the rest is 100% a SL .kext

Install it with Kext Wizard, repair disk permission and rebuild cache.

Fabio

Why cant we use a modified 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Why cant we use a modified 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Do we know how to modify it yet? My understanding was that we weren't sure why it was KP'ing on us, but an earlier one worked. So if there's some way to patch 10.7.4's AppleACPIPlatform.kext then that's probably the better option.

Though I haven't heard of it yet.

guys is it just a case of run the combo update replace the kext and that it ?

It only worked for me by installing the combo update an not to reboot afterwards. So when the installation of the combo update is done leave that window open and do not restart. Then install the kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext with kext wizard like ErmaC said. Then you can reboot. The only thing that didn't work was audio. But with the lionize.zip file which was posted a few posts above everything works perfectly..

Thnx ermac for the great guide you have written to install OSX Lion... Is a guide for mountain lion also an option for the x58 motherboards or is it almost the same as osx lion?

• Like 2

Also everyone should do themselves a favour. Download CarbonCopyCloner, buy a spare disk. Hell, I think even an external USB disk will do. Run CarbonCopyCloner and clone your internal hard drive before you run updates. Don't forget to run Chameleon/Chimera bootloader against your new backup to make it bootable.

This is obviously not really feasible if you have a main disk that's like 2TB in size, or keep all your media on your boot HD, but if you can choose to exclude folders from your backup, etc.

This isn't really X58 specific advice, but generally makes installing updates a less hairy process, knowing you can test the update against a cloned copy of your hard drive.

• Like 1

It only worked for me by installing the combo update an not to reboot afterwards. So when the installation of the combo update is done leave that window open and do not restart. Then install the kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext with kext wizard like ErmaC said. Then you can reboot. The only thing that didn't work was audio. But with the lionize.zip file which was posted a few posts above everything works perfectly.. Thnx ermac for the great guide you have written to install OSX Lion... Is a guide for mountain lion also an option for the x58 motherboards or is it almost the same as osx lion?

thanks

works like a charm backed up my gtx470 next but the setting war back to normal so had to re configure apple graphics management etc , back up and running, didn't have to run lionise tho ?