[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Anybody here for helping me?

I have ASUS Rampage iii Extreme Motherboard and for luminous script, "Lionize" by ErmaC, I could boot up my machine.

Unfortunately, I have ATI RadeonHD 5970. and unless typing "GraphicsEnabler=No" in boot procedure, I couldn't see the Desktop.

I know that the ATI5000Controller.kext had recognized my graphic card because I saw the word "Uakari" in booting with -v option.

How can I boot with QE/CI enabled?

I had read some thread about 5970 enabling but everything is for snow leopard. and I couldn't find the topic about "Enabling 5970 in Lion"

Thanks a lot in advance.

[*]

apply this patch for Sleep/cmos reset (THX to rayap)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Fabio

Hi Fabio

I've got a sleeping problem. Will that solve it?

How do I do that?

Thanks

Anybody here for helping me?

I have ASUS Rampage iii Extreme Motherboard and for luminous script, "Lionize" by ErmaC, I could boot up my machine.

Unfortunately, I have ATI RadeonHD 5970. and unless typing "GraphicsEnabler=No" in boot procedure, I couldn't see the Desktop.

I know that the ATI5000Controller.kext had recognized my graphic card because I saw the word "Uakari" in booting with -v option.

How can I boot with QE/CI enabled?

I had read some thread about 5970 enabling but everything is for snow leopard. and I couldn't find the topic about "Enabling 5970 in Lion"

Thanks a lot in advance.

Are you able to post your bdmesg?

Fabio

Hi Fabio

I've got a sleeping problem. Will that solve it?

How do I do that?

Thanks

open terminal.

Fabio

Thanks Fabio for your reply

I'll post and attach two bdmesgs, one from 'GraphicsEnabler=No' option, and the other from '-s' option.

Because when I boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=No' option, there is no such a phrase like ATI Frame buffer or Uakari. and bdmesg made from this option is maybe unsuitable.

I wish these files will be helpful.

bdmesg with GraphicsEnabler No.txt

bdmesg with single option.txt

@Fabio, I tried:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

And installed CUDA and navida drives but still get a kernal panic after sleep. Any idea how I can solve this?

Thank you so much

Alright. I have an ASUS Sabertooth X58 on the 1201 BIOS (newest BIOS wouldn't boot past "PCI Config. Begin"), 12Gb RAM, EVGA GTX 570 HD 1250Mb, i7 950, 1.5Tb 7200rpm Hdd. I've been trying forever to get a stable config for Logic Studio recording.

I installed 10.7 using Un1Be4st, updated to 10.7.3 using combo updater downloaded from Apple (not auto update), used UserDSDT and the DSDT from T0nyM4c for Asus Sabertooth x58 1201, the AppleHDA ALC892 from Toleda for audio, Isntalled CUDA and used the 10.7.2/10.7.3 combo patch from Mul+IB3ast to enable the GTX570 OpenGL, and used Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7 from Mul+IB3ast to enable network. Then I installed Logic 9, updated it to 9.1.7, installed the kexts for my ProFire 610 interface, and turned everything on.

The audio plays ok if I run an iTunes song. Luxmark says my GTX570 scores an 876, it should be wayyyy higher. If I open a blank project in Logic and do nothing the CPU meter spikes constantly in one core (usually the last one). If I try to record voice through my ProFire 610 (works on other Mac's), it gives a gross techno noise, no voice, levels jump around. Overloads when I try to play back.

I don't know what's wrong, I've tried a hundred different installations, I just want to make music. I need your help T_T

Also, when I sleep it, it just goes black screen and the system stays on. Hit a key, the login screen shows up and I login.

Alright, I got both.

IOREG 1 is taken without Logic open and my ProFire610 off, IOREG2 is with Logic open and Profire610 on (wasn't sure if anything changes).

I also attached my system and kernel logs from during a failed Logic session, and two small audio clips;

1 being me opening Logic, turning my ProFire on, creating an audio-mike input, and hitting record even though no Mic is turned on (interesting techno sound o.o)

2 being me turning on the mic and speaking into it (...just...wierd)

DSDT can be referenced from the above mentioned source, as it won't let me upload it.

Thank you so much for your time!

bdmesg.rtf

IOREG1.rtf

IOREG2.rtf

kernellog.rtf

systemlog.rtf

Audio.zip

Hi Guys...

First Ermac the Lionize was perfect up to 10.7.1 for my board and setup.

Thanks for the hard work.

Followed the directions to upgrade to 10.7.3 and I started experiencing ONE ANNOYING BUG.

Most everything worked fine, audio was fine, Lan was fine.. video seemed fine till I started using apps that were using the OpenCL calls.

Opening Launchpad and preview from double clicking the .pdf were crashing my computer.

Final Cut X was really acting up too.

I'm attaching my crash log and I believe it says the problem is in my GeForceGLDriver.bundle.

Is the 8800gt and 260 gtx no longer supported???

Solutions I have tried that have not worked -

using the latest GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Tried replacing Nvidia drivers to the latest ones released this year

Replacing NVDAGF100Hal.kext , FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext with the most recent ones. ( read this in some other post )

Installed NVInjector ( am able to switch off graphics enabler after this was installed.. without it just a black screen with computer working.. i can hear the volume up and down beeps.. when i turned graphics enabler off) - Still experiencing Crash

so far the one from Lionize 1.07 recrendae seems to be the most stable

but experiencing the OpenCL crashes.

If I boot up with the -x flag, Everything works but OpenCL apps just run visually glitchy and slow.

There was an OpenCL installer for 10.7.1 that was released by (netkas) that worked for before but no longer works after 10.7.1

If you need more crash logs, i have a bunch of them but the one I attached was the first real one after a fresh install and upgrade.

This problem also crashes my App Store when the app install is sent to the launchpad, so this is another big problem for me.

If someone can help me with my problem, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time.

How do I make a graphical ioreg? I searched for 20min on google, too many posts with "graphics" and "ioreg" :/ Edit: Think I got it. Zipped it cuz it was forbidden in it's normal form. Thanks again for taking the time to help me :star_sunglasses:

A quick test:

Lilkitt1424.zip

Fabio

A quick test:

Lilkitt1424.zip

Fabio

UserDSDT installed with that file, then opened Logic. Still the same weird audio. The ProFire mixer in System Settings seems to react immediately to the levels of my voice, which is an improvement, but for some reason there's still a delay in sound in Logic and it comes up as that odd noise. On the plus side, Sleep works right now :D Before it would go black screen and the CD reader would keep starting up every 10min, now it actually sleeps.

Also, Luxmark now scores 100 points higher, which is nothing in terms of solving the OpenGL problem, but I think it would mean that you've improved overall system stability by a bit.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm running my interface through the onboard firewire.

post-397187-0-40533800-1333985990_thumb.png

UserDSDT installed with that file, then opened Logic. Still the same weird audio. The ProFire mixer in System Settings seems to react immediately to the levels of my voice, which is an improvement, but for some reason there's still a delay in sound in Logic and it comes up as that odd noise. On the plus side, Sleep works right now :D Before it would go black screen and the CD reader would keep starting up every 10min, now it actually sleeps.

Also, Luxmark now scores 100 points higher, which is nothing in terms of solving the OpenGL problem, but I think it would mean that you've improved overall system stability by a bit.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm running my interface through the onboard firewire.

Can you "describe" what kext have you added in /S/L/E and what kext you have in /E/E.

What version of chameleon you have?

Also Install the latest nVidia driver for 10.7.3 (+CUDA).

Also post your new IOREG with my DSDT

Fabio

• Like 1

Can you "describe" what kext have you added in /S/L/E and what kext you have in /E/E.

What version of chameleon you have?

Also Install the latest nVidia driver for 10.7.3 (+CUDA).

Also post your new IOREG with my DSDT

Fabio

Nothing has been added to E/E. For S/L/E, I added nVidia's CUDA kexts, the official Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7, the 10.7.2/10.7.3 combo OpenCL enabler for 10.7.3 nVidia kexts, and Chimera v1.8.0 r1394 from Mul+1B3ast. For audio I added the latest AppleHDA for ALC892 from Toleda. From my research, I was told that the nVidia kexts that came with the 10.7.3 update Are the latest kexts and that the one on nVidia's support page are 1 release behind, but I'll install those if that's what you want me to do (confirm it, plz). Here is the new IOREG with my ProFire plugged in as well. Thanks again for your help :)

JDR’s Mac Pro 2.zip

Nothing has been added to E/E. For S/L/E, I added nVidia's CUDA kexts, the official Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7, the 10.7.2/10.7.3 combo OpenCL enabler for 10.7.3 nVidia kexts, and Chimera v1.8.0 r1394 from Mul+1B3ast. For audio I added the latest AppleHDA for ALC892 from Toleda. From my research, I was told that the nVidia kexts that came with the 10.7.3 update Are the latest kexts and that the one on nVidia's support page are 1 release behind, but I'll install those if that's what you want me to do (confirm it, plz). Here is the new IOREG with my ProFire plugged in as well. Thanks again for your help :)

hmmm...

I have little bit of time now.

If you can install TeamViewer and pass me via PM your number and password.

I try to take a look close into you system.

Fabio

• Like 1

Ermac.. thanks for the response and look into these things..

Attaching my ioreg..

Nothing in E/E

Using Chameleon from Lionize 1.07

I do have a E/modules folder with following in it

KeyLayout.dylib

klibc.dylib

Resolution.dylib

uClibcxx.dylib

and correction from earlier.. I'm using NVenabler to be able to switch my graphics enabler off

repost of my earlier

Hi Guys...

First Ermac the Lionize was perfect up to 10.7.1 for my board and setup.

Thanks for the hard work.

Followed the directions to upgrade to 10.7.3 and I started experiencing ONE ANNOYING BUG.

Most everything worked fine, audio was fine, Lan was fine.. video seemed fine till I started using apps that were using the OpenCL calls.

Opening Launchpad and preview from double clicking the .pdf were crashing my computer.

Final Cut X was really acting up too.

I'm attaching my crash log and I believe it says the problem is in my GeForceGLDriver.bundle.

Is the 8800gt and 260 gtx no longer supported???

Solutions I have tried that have not worked -

using the latest GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Tried replacing Nvidia drivers to the latest ones released this year

Replacing NVDAGF100Hal.kext , FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext with the most recent ones. ( read this in some other post )

Installed NVInjector ( am able to switch off graphics enabler after this was installed.. without it just a black screen with computer working.. i can hear the volume up and down beeps.. when i turned graphics enabler off) - Still experiencing Crash

so far the one from Lionize 1.07 recrendae seems to be the most stable

but experiencing the OpenCL crashes.

If I boot up with the -x flag, Everything works but OpenCL apps just run visually glitchy and slow.

There was an OpenCL installer for 10.7.1 that was released by (netkas) that worked for before but no longer works after 10.7.1

If you need more crash logs, i have a bunch of them but the one I attached was the first real one after a fresh install and upgrade.

This problem also crashes my App Store when the app install is sent to the launchpad, so this is another big problem for me.

If someone can help me with my problem, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time.

inky’s Mac.zip

Thank you so much ErmaC! ^-^ I've been trying for a year now and you fixed it in a day. All that's left is to find a way to fully activate my GTX570 HD and I'm golden...guess I'll make a new topic and hope someone bites

Try doing a test

Fabio

hi all,

i have sucessfull 10.7.2 lion installed and worked well.

i update to 10.7.3.

after reboot few times it worker well only hardrives displayed like external drives...

than something is going wrong and now i can't log in into lion...

grey apple logo with red blocked image over it when it try to log in...

i apply lionize 1.0.7 after install

can semoeone help me...

error: still waiting for root device

is there anyway to update to 10.7.3 without this: http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1766702 ?

i don't have any other OS on my system, just lion 10.7.2.

olá também sou português.

i think the best way to update is:

1. Go to apple site and download de combo version of 10.7.3 . (i'm on a 10.7.0)

2. Run it and when it ask to restart, DON'T DO IT!!!

3. Run, in the lionize folder, a file named recrendae

4. Confirm the questions that can be made and CLOSE IT

5. Go back to the combo installation of mac 10.7.3, AND NOW YOU CAN RESTART

6. Finished

Try doing a test

Fabio

Just tried it now. When I go to bench in Lux, it now says "No OpenCL device detected". Ungine Engine shows 9 FPS. The Sleep/cmos reset thing didn't show any apparent change, I didn't have in issue with that before. Rolled back to 10.7.3 supplied kexts and Mul+1B3ast, everything works again.

Edit: Correction, now Luxmark says I have a score of 80 -______- Nothing I do makes it go back to the 800 I had before, and I still show a FPS of 9 in

Ungine, only difference between the 2 drivers now is that OpenCL is supported in the default OSX kexts. This blows v.v I ran the NVIDIARestore package, got the old kexts back, then ran the combo enabler, but the results...are worse now than ever T.T