• Please log in to reply
869 replies to this topic

espiforenque

espiforenque

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The size of the Install Mac OS X Lion.app ?
You need one ORIGINAL version (probably you have a custom prepatched file probably downloaded from a "non Apple website") and Lionize works only with untouched version.

Your motherboard is?

Fabio

I'm having the same problem. Lionize only seems to work on the App Store version of "Install Mac OS X Lion.app", not the disc installer version, which is what I'm using. (The size of this "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" is only 14.4mb, and is coupled with a rather hefty "Packages" folder which presumably contains all of the installation files.)

I would hop onto the App Store and get the "real" version of "Install Mac OS X Lion.app", but since I'm working from a new MacBook Pro that came with Lion pre-installed, the App Store refuses to let me download it - it simply says "Installed". Because this MBP came with Lion, I don't think I have the option of digging around in my user folder for an installer. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Attached File  installed.png   179.5KB   21 downloads

(I know I couldn't be the first person to have the "Installed" problem, but I wasn't able to find a solution elsewhere on the site. This problem is distinct from the can't-log-in-to-the-App-Store problem and the Lion-can't-be-installed-from-this-computer problem.)

sunlit

sunlit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
It is possible to re-download Lion from the Appstore. Google instructions, you have to hold option key, or something like that to get the "installed" button to change to "install". However, I tested it after installing Lion by downloading it from Appstore in the first place, so then I have Lion in my "purchases" tab, and if I click that tab with option key pressed, I get "installed" change into "install". I am not sure about preinstalled Lion.

Kantaro

Kantaro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Just a quick question, has anyone been able to enable front-panel audio on the Asus P6X58D-E? I've got back panel and HDMI, though no optical support. Headphones worked back on #####, but it disables my HDMI since I'm using a custom DSDT (this thread, plus HDMI edits).

maltba

maltba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hey Everyone, for those with a ATI 4890 out there.

I fixed my sleep finally with disabling the "Repost Video on S3 Resume" option in bios. Just for those who are getting a scrambled screen after sleep wakeup.

and for those who don't even get a video output while booting the install usb stick, try to set GraphicsEnabler=No in the Bootplist( or just start with the argument GraphicsEnabler=No) and add the ATY_Init.kext into the <USB-STICK>/Extra/Extensions folder

VCT

VCT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Ermac, i tried downloading the lionize script on the first page but the links appear to be broken. Is it possible for you or anyone else to attach it again for me please.

ValJr

ValJr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi Ermac, I just decide to upgrade my system from Snow to Lion but the link for Lionize and the others links appear to be broken. Could you help us?

Thanks for the wonderful job.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,829 posts
There are problems with attachments.
will return soon.

Fabio

estravagancia

estravagancia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Thanks!
running audio, lan, gtx275 @1920x1200 on an Asus P6T deluxe v2 os x 10.7.2
Best regards from Spain :)

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,829 posts
Ok I fix the attachments.
Enjoy

Fabio

VCT

VCT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thx heaps for that Ermac =)

ValJr

ValJr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks, Lionize rocks...

ValJr

ValJr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi Fabio,

I just generate the USB Boot with LIONIZE and worked... but, I'm having the message after boot with -v "Still waiting for rooting device", any ideas?

I'm installing on SSD Vertex 3 120GB, New installation.

http://i1238.photobu.../Val/photo3.jpg
http://i1238.photobu.../Val/photo2.jpg

Posted Image

lee majors

lee majors

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi Fabio,

I updated from a stable 10.7.1 (after using this method) to 10.7.2 by mistake and now the sound stopped working, and perhaps things aren't running as well as they could be.

How do I get the sound to work again? Do I need to run recrendae again?

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,829 posts

Hi Fabio,

I updated from a stable 10.7.1 (after using this method) to 10.7.2 by mistake and now the sound stopped working, and perhaps things aren't running as well as they could be.

How do I get the sound to work again? Do I need to run recrendae again?

Make a backup then...
Run recreandae and... "recreate" (or if you still have the lionized USB) run again the "finalized" script
If the AppleHDA is untouched probably this thing will be fixed...
Also use the USB boot purpose for fix permission cahce etc... is a command line job I know but it can work.

Fabio

lee majors

lee majors

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Make a backup then...
Run recreandae and... "recreate" (or if you still have the lionized USB) run again the "finalized" script
If the AppleHDA is untouched probably this thing will be fixed...
Also use the USB boot purpose for fix permission cahce etc... is a command line job I know but it can work.

Fabio

So running recreandae will reset everything and do a new install? Is better then to just run "finalize" then no?

Do I have to boot into Lion from the USB to run finalize?

mikeosx86

mikeosx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Clean install with 10.7.1 is okay, however when I upgrade to 10.7.2, the boot process hangs on "still waiting for root device".
Tried most of the solutions proposed here but can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

ValJr

ValJr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi Fabio,

Sorry to repeat the post guys...

I just create the USB boot with LIONIZE e the install hangs on "Still waiting for root device".

I purchase from app store and i believe the version is 10.7.2. You believe that's is the reason for the problem?

I'm installing on a new SSD Vertex 3 120GB connect to port 1 without any other driver, just one video card XFX 5770 1GB...

Any ideas? Look the picture bellow.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate...

Posted Image

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,829 posts
This week-end I probably update Lionize to version 1.07.
I will add other script to the "crew" the modified version by maltba to work with dmg image

Fabio

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,829 posts

Hi Fabio,

Sorry to repeat the post guys...

Your problem is...
two gfx card...
The bootloader manage only one GFX,
So unplug one.
(You need a Efi strings or *SDT injection)

Fabio

ValJr

ValJr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Your problem is...
two gfx card...
The bootloader manage only one GFX,
So unplug one.
(You need a Efi strings or *SDT injection)

Fabio

I have unplugged the other video card before I start the whole process, the problem still remains, I was think maybe the problem is the Lion 10.7.2 version.

Any ideas?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lionize, ASUS X58 LGA1366

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy