- P6T Deluxe OK
- P6T Deluxe V2 OK
- P6TD Deluxe OK
- P6T OK
- P6T SE OK
- P6T WS Professional OK
- P6T7 WS Supercomputer OK
- P6T6 WS Revolution OK
- Rampage II GENE OK
- Rampage II Extreme OK
- SABERTOOTH X58 OK
- Rampage III Extreme OK
- P6X58D-E OK
- P6X58D Premium OK
- Rampage III GENE OK (Audio works with VoodooHDA)
- Rampage III Formula NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
- Rampage Black Edition NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
- P6X58-E PRO NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
- P6X58-E WS NEED TESTER FEEDBACK
In order to avoid repetitive questions: To use this installation method, you must have a working OSX system running (Leopard or Snow Leopard), or use a real Mac to create the USB installation.
_____________________There are already several ways to install LION, Here I will discuss about a "simplified" method, targeted to our specific motherboards. Credits to tseug and his Guide [GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion this method is originally based on it. Credits: Thanks to tseug for his mkboot scrips (this script is based on his job) Thanks to digital_dreamer (MAJ) for the splash screen Thanks to mm67 for the lot of test on SabertoohX58 Thanks to Blackosx for lot of test on Rampage II GENE Thanks all involved in this project.
Lionize & Recreandae support this language:
_____________________ita.png 938bytes 165 downloads Per gli amici italiani, questa guida si trova tradotta anche in Italiano e potete trovarla qui --> [Guida] OS X Lion 10.7 (GM e RTM) su Asus X58 LGA 1366 i7 9xx
- OS X Lion install app
- A USB drive (8 GB) or a spare partition. We'll assume you'll use a USB device here.
- An install partition for OS X Lion. Let's call it Lion
- The Installer scripts LIONIZE*.
--- STEP 1 ---
--- STEP 2 ---
Directions. In Disk Utility, format the USB as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and give it some name: We'll use USB Boot here but it can be anything. Make sure that "GUID Partition Table" is selected under "Options..."
--- STEP 3 ---
Download >> LIONIZE <<
--- STEP 4 (OPTIONAL AND NOT RECOMMENDED) ---
Needed step if you wont an already 10.7.1 updated install. THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THE 10.7.1 UPDATE DON'T PUT THE 10.7.2 or 10.73 dmgs INTO THE BOX FOLDER NOT WORK! Download the 10.7.1 update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1437 and copy it into BOX LIONIZE's folder.
--- STEP 5 ---
Doble click the Lionize.command file, and follow the instruction style_emoticons/default/smile.gif This should take ~15 minutes (with out optional update).
--- STEP 6 ---
Boot your USB device and install Lion on /Volumes/Lion as you normally would. Wait for the installation to finish.
--- STEP 7 ---
Then when the system reboots (@ end of install), start again from the USB stick.
Open the terminal from the utilities menu (behind the screen to select the installation language) and type:
wait until the process finalizing, and always from terminal type:
(for repair permissioni)
diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/Lion
wait until the process is completed
(for rebuild the cache)
kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
wait until the process will completed(for reboot)
You can remove your USB stick and boot normally, and boot from your new partition with OS X Lion.
--- STEP 8 (ALTERNATIVE)---
How update my new working Lion 10.7 to 10.7.1, 10.7.2 or 10.7.3?
- You need an existing OSX to Repair/move rebuild cache ecc...
- Update your Lion 10.7.0 or 10.7.1 to 10.7.2
- Run Recreandae (from Lionize 1.07
- Reboot into a old OSX (ex: Snow or Leopard or other Lion)
- Open terminal and enter in sudo mode
sudo -sEnter your admin password now...
vsdbutil -i /Volumes/the_name_of_your_Lion_partition
- Now I suggest to move FakeSMC from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E For this you can use Kext Wizard (In my case I move also AppleVIAATA.Kext) now remove that file from Extra/Extensions (Of course we talk about the Lion partition) Always from Kext Wizard now we can rebuild the cache and repair disk permission.. this take some time...
- ) ok exit from sudo mode (Terminal)
-------------------------Q: What is the folder Pack into /Extra ???
A: Go to Extra folder in your new Lion partition, is present a folder called Pack.. inside this folder are been present the Updated content included with the Lionize creation process.
Q: What is Recreandae.command?
A: This script to fix our OS X Lion after a "combo" update. Is used to Repatch losted "patch"
MiscellaneousPatched DSDT (The same used for Lionized and Recreandae) Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.
- Asus P6T Deluxe
- Asus P6T SE
- Asus P6T WS Professional
- Asus P6T
- Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
- Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer
- Asus P6X58-E PRO
- Asus P6X58-E WS
- Asus P6X58D Premium
- Asus P6X58D-E
- Asus Rampage II Extreme
- Asus Rampage II GENE
- Asus Rampage III Black Edition
- Asus Rampage III Extreme
- Asus Rampage III Formula
- Asus Rampage III GENE
- Asus SABERTOOTH X58