221 replies to this topic

Michaelcard

Michaelcard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi MaLd0n

Thanks for the DSDT. Wondering though, if it's not too much trouble, my system still won't sleep. Actually, I've never had sleep work on any version of OS X. Forgot to mention before that my motherboard is an GA-EP45-UD3P if that helps any.

Again thanks for your time and effort.

Also for anybody out there who may read this, How do I know if my system is actually using the DSDT? A lot of the stuff I read is kinda over my head and I am mostly flying blind here...

Thx

Noam AA

Noam AA

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Also for anybody out there who may read this, How do I know if my system is actually using the DSDT? A lot of the stuff I read is kinda over my head and I am mostly flying blind here...

two options=
1. when booting, write down
-v wait=y
on chameleon prompt, then chameleon need to stop before moving to osx loading screen, and you should see weather DSDT got loaded or not.
2.you can use DSDTSE or any of the scripts or apps out there, that can extract your current DSDT, and then compering to what need to be loading, and that way you can see if it got loaded or not

3.in most part, putting DSDT.aml on root of hd OR on /Extra folder will do the job for you, as long as it chameleon RC4(or RC3 can't remember) and up,this path is default place for chameleon to load it right away

Michaelcard

Michaelcard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

two options=
1. when booting, write down

-v wait=y
on chameleon prompt, then chameleon need to stop before moving to osx loading screen, and you should see weather DSDT got loaded or not.
2.you can use DSDTSE or any of the scripts or apps out there, that can extract your current DSDT, and then compering to what need to be loading, and that way you can see if it got loaded or not

3.in most part, putting DSDT.aml on root of hd OR on /Extra folder will do the job for you, as long as it chameleon RC4(or RC3 can't remember) and up,this path is default place for chameleon to load it right away

Thx Noam AA

The "-v wait=y" at the chameleon prompt did not work for me. However I discovered that the is a button on the app Chameleon Wizard called "bdmesg" that has a long list of text (maybe information about the boot process???) IDK... anyway I found an entry and it does show a custom DSDT being used, as well as what is in my Extra folder...
Here is a snippet from it...

Customizing SystemID with : 00000000-0000-0000-0000-001fd080b5e8
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 17593 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 145104 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1666 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 3940 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2041 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1498 bytes.

So I am using a custom DSDT... ;) Now if i could only get sleep working... To be quite honest I have no desire to even use the sleep function.... It just drives me bonkers that I CAN'T use it... lol

Erdbeeere

Erdbeeere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for your fast reply!

I've changed thinks like:

smbios to macbookpro6,1
c and p states added
unnessasary kexts removed

I've done a new sendme file and i've uploaded my extra folder. Maybe you are able to find any "bugs" in my config.

Attached File  Extra_2.zip   217.31KB   11 downloads
Attached File  send_me.zip   233.33KB   7 downloads

Greets from Austria

sthomp001

sthomp001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hi MaLd0n,

I was hoping you would help me with a DSDT for my laptop. I have a HP DV7t Quad LM726AV (DV7-6195us customized) which I bought from HP. I have previously installed OS X 10.6.7 successfully on my HP DV8t-1000 using Mammoth's method. I have tried installing OS X 10.6.8 on the DV7t using #####-Legacy 2.7.2, Bridge Helper and ##### 3.8 with no success. I installed SL 10.6.3 with #####-Legacy. Can't boot from the HDD, but can from the #####-Legacy disk. The only problem is that most of the devices are not being recognized. The ATI 6770 is not recognized. The touchpad and ethernet are also not recognized. USB works on right side, but not left. When I update to 10.6.7 I lose USB altogether. I've tried different kexts with ##### to no avail. I'm pretty sure the ATI 6770 is causing most of my problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attached File  dsdt_dv7.dsl.zip   37.39KB   13 downloads

nIGHTLite

nIGHTLite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

send me files

Mald0n,

Can you please send me a dsdt? I have the Asus IPIBL-LB motherboard.

Here's my send_me.zip...

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

eXtremee

eXtremee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hi MaLd0n,

I was hoping you would help me with a DSDT for my laptop. I have a HP DV7t Quad LM726AV (DV7-6195us customized) which I bought from HP. I have previously installed OS X 10.6.7 successfully on my HP DV8t-1000 using Mammoth's method. I have tried installing OS X 10.6.8 on the DV7t using #####-Legacy 2.7.2, Bridge Helper and ##### 3.8 with no success. I installed SL 10.6.3 with #####-Legacy. Can't boot from the HDD, but can from the #####-Legacy disk. The only problem is that most of the devices are not being recognized. The ATI 6770 is not recognized. The touchpad and ethernet are also not recognized. USB works on right side, but not left. When I update to 10.6.7 I lose USB altogether. I've tried different kexts with ##### to no avail. I'm pretty sure the ATI 6770 is causing most of my problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attached File  dsdt_dv7.dsl.zip   37.39KB   13 downloads

Search for "appleworm"(nickname) dsdt - maby it will work successfully for you, he has pretty same laptop.
I have 6770m+hd3000 too, and using his dsdt+kyle_c bootloader i can manage to boot 10.6.8 with hd3000 fully working, and dsdt only helps to recognize the 6770m, but ati framework isn't loaded i don't know why :?
Using chameleon = graphics corruption, using chimera 1,5/1,5,3 = gray screen, maby problem with displays ports? What can i try editing in dsdt?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Mald0n,

Can you please send me a dsdt? I have the Asus IPIBL-LB motherboard.

Here's my send_me.zip...

Thanks in advance!

Attached File  dsdt.nIGHTLite.zip   7.29KB   95 downloads

nIGHTLite

nIGHTLite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Attached File  dsdt.nIGHTLite.zip   7.29KB   95 downloads

Dear Mald0n,

Thank you! Sleep is working.

But if I wake up using USB devices (keyboard/mouse), the usb device that was used to wake up stops working. Waking up using the power button works fine.

I have tried USBBusFix but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Thank you.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
I have no idea
Use search forum

foopy

foopy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Looks like the auto patcher has been removed. Maldon, you had done a dsdt.aml for my system, Samsung R530 recently (Aug 25th or 26th). I thank you for it and it worked perfect. I had to reinstall today and thought I had backed up the dsdt file. I was wrong. If you still have it, can you post it? If not, no worrys.

Thanks

MaLd0n here is the send_me.zip for my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. Please create me a DSDT.aml file. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

nIGHTLite

nIGHTLite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I have no idea
Use search forum

Alright. I will keep searching.

Many thanks for the dsdt!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

MaLd0n here is the send_me.zip for my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. Please create me a DSDT.aml file. Thank you in advance.

Attached File  dsdt.foopy.zip   13.27KB   10 downloads

Pasqualdo

Pasqualdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi Maldon,
would it be possible to have a dsdt for my dell xps 1647 studio notebook? I currently use one that comes from a different laptop....
Best

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Hi Maldon,
would it be possible to have a dsdt for my dell xps 1647 studio notebook? I currently use one that comes from a different laptop....
Best

Attached File  dsdt.Pasqualdo.zip   16.5KB   17 downloads

foopy

foopy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Attached File  dsdt.foopy.zip   13.27KB   10 downloads

Thank you Mr. MaLd0n!!

Pasqualdo

Pasqualdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi Maldon,
thanks for the file! I will abuse your patience: after I posted the send_me file I managed to get full resolution and QE/CI on my laptop (after almost 2 weeks...). Now the dsdt that you posted does not work and the laptop does not boot.
Would it be possible to have a new dsdt for the new configuration?
I am really sorry.....

Best

P.S. I have one more question: after 15 minutes the screen goes to sleep and does not wake up anymore. Does this depend on the wrong dsdt?

Thanks again!

Attached Files

reddsmoke9

reddsmoke9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Maldon. could you give me my motherboard's dsdt.aml file. i have intel dg33bu motherboard. thanks.

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Hi Maldon,
thanks for the file! I will abuse your patience: after I posted the send_me file I managed to get full resolution and QE/CI on my laptop (after almost 2 weeks...). Now the dsdt that you posted does not work and the laptop does not boot.
Would it be possible to have a new dsdt for the new configuration?
I am really sorry.....

Best

P.S. I have one more question: after 15 minutes the screen goes to sleep and does not wake up anymore. Does this depend on the wrong dsdt?

Thanks again!

use nativePM
usb ok
use search forum

Hi Maldon. could you give me my motherboard's dsdt.aml file. i have intel dg33bu motherboard. thanks.

Attached File  dsdt.reddsmoke9.zip   5.21KB   11 downloads

myran2

myran2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hey mald0n,
If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind looking over my DSDT too?

This is from a lenovo thinkpad t420 (i5-2520M and Nvidia NVS 4200M/Intel HD 3000 graphics)

Edit: In case you need to know what kexts I'm using:
EvOReboot
FakeSMC + Plugins
NullCPUPowerManagement

My SMBios is set to Macbook Pro 8,1

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy