[SOLVED] Help Needed Making Maximizer Work in 10.7.1

mnfesq

4 posts in this topic

I started using Maximizer (along with SIMBL) when Lion was still in GM. Maximizer is a bundle that gets loaded using SIMBL and makes most apps work in full screen. It adds the arrows found in Safari to most apps and brings added functionality that I found very appealing. When I upgraded to 10.7.1 (and used the test versions of 10.7.2, I lost maximizer's functionality. When I change the SystemVersion info in Core Services, I get that functionality back. When I opened up the Maximizer.bundle, I found that the info.plist is set to work with 10.7 GM. I changed it to 10.7.1 but that alone was not enough to make it work. There are some codes that I didn't know what to do with that appear to need to be changed.

Can someone take a look and see if they can figure out how to make Maximizer work in 10.7.1 (and future versions)? Thanks.

Maximizer.bundle.zip

It turns out that this was easier to fix than I originally thought. I just had to change ALL references to 10.7 to 10.7.1, all references to 11A511 to 11B26 and change GM to Mac OS. There was one reference to 11A511a which I changed to 11B26a. I don't know if that was accurate but maximizer works with those plist edits. :P

Maximizer.bundle.zip

actually i'm on 10.7.1 with maximizer as it shipped from the site, and it working great on all apps!(well mostly)

i wonder why you needed to do this

I had done so many upgrades to the different versions of 10.7.2 and so many reversions, I decided to do a clean install to 10.7 and then an upgrade to 10.7.1. After the upgrade, I installed SIMBL and the Maximizer.bundle. It wouldn't load (or at least there were no arrows in the top right corner.) When I changed the system version info to 10.7, it worked and when I would put in the correct 10.7.1 system information, it would stop working. That's why I started messing with the plist. No clue why this happened when you can use the 10.7 version in 10.7.1.