4 replies to this topic

maximoou

maximoou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hello nice community Posted Image

first i want to thank all people here for writing guides, and taking so much care of unanswered questions.

so i just build my first hackintosh, and honestly, the installation with kakewalk and ##### was easier than installing win7.
here is my setup:

intel i5 2500k
ga-z68xp-ud4
4x4GB corsair xms3 1333 cl9
msi gtx460 hawk
crucial m4 256GB SSD
seagate 7200.12 1TB HDD

so basically everyting works fine EXCEPT
since i messed up the system with setting system profile to macpro 5.1 i reinstalled lion again and now my bluetooth dongle doesnt seem to work properly.
im connecting a magic trackpad, magic mouse and wireless keyboard.
ok thats kind of much but it worked just fine before i messed up with system profile setting and now it doenst work well...
mouse and trackpad are lagging pretty bad, only the keyboard works fine.
whats might be the problem?

next i achieved only arround 9600 points in geekbench. i thought i'd have about 10000 or so what do you say?

also i wanted to ask if GSATA is infact the 6GB/s SATA ports.

as for the installation i just went with kakewalk, installing it to usb, replacing DSDT and using ##### for post installation.

hope you can help me solve the few little problems, thanks in advance Posted Image

martin953

martin953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Those all-in-one solutions had never embraced me. You have less control over what is done with your install.
But we have one man here, who teaches the right ways: MaLd0n's SnowLeopard on Gigabyte mobos thread. He speaks wisdom. Listen to him.

maximoou

maximoou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
are u talkin about kakewalk that it isnt a good solution for install?
thx for the link, but im after lion, doesnt anything change with it compared to SL?

martin953

martin953

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I, personally, haven't tried kakewalk. May be it's a good method. What I say is that you have less control of what is going on with your install. I'm a bit nerdy here. So, I take unmodified os x installation image (app from now on) and do step-by-step manual installation. It's really not that hard.
This is what I have used:
[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)
DSDT Auto-Patcher
Patch for AppleRTC
Chameleon Wizard as bootloader manager

kanedaguy

kanedaguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey maximoou

I am thinking of getting this mobo. Can you share the detailed instructions to install 10.7 on it using the kakewalk method?

I also want to use my Apple keyboard and magic mouse with it. Which bluetooth dongle do you recommend?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy