ga-z68xp-ud4, i5 2500k, 16gb ram

maximoou

5 posts in this topic

hello nice community icon_e_wink_anim.gif

first i want to thank all people here for writing guides, and taking so much care of unanswered questions.

so i just build my first hackintosh, and honestly, the installation with kakewalk and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] was easier than installing win7.

here is my setup:

intel i5 2500k

ga-z68xp-ud4

4x4GB corsair xms3 1333 cl9

msi gtx460 hawk

crucial m4 256GB SSD

seagate 7200.12 1TB HDD

so basically everyting works fine EXCEPT

since i messed up the system with setting system profile to macpro 5.1 i reinstalled lion again and now my bluetooth dongle doesnt seem to work properly.

im connecting a magic trackpad, magic mouse and wireless keyboard.

ok thats kind of much but it worked just fine before i messed up with system profile setting and now it doenst work well...

mouse and trackpad are lagging pretty bad, only the keyboard works fine.

whats might be the problem?

next i achieved only arround 9600 points in geekbench. i thought i'd have about 10000 or so what do you say?

also i wanted to ask if GSATA is infact the 6GB/s SATA ports.

as for the installation i just went with kakewalk, installing it to usb, replacing DSDT and using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for post installation.

hope you can help me solve the few little problems, thanks in advance icon_e_wink_anim.gif

I, personally, haven't tried kakewalk. May be it's a good method. What I say is that you have less control of what is going on with your install. I'm a bit nerdy here. So, I take unmodified os x installation image (app from now on) and do step-by-step manual installation. It's really not that hard.

This is what I have used:

[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

DSDT Auto-Patcher

Patch for AppleRTC

Chameleon Wizard as bootloader manager

• 6 months later...

Hey maximoou

I am thinking of getting this mobo. Can you share the detailed instructions to install 10.7 on it using the kakewalk method?

I also want to use my Apple keyboard and magic mouse with it. Which bluetooth dongle do you recommend?

Thanks.