How to get BFG GTX295 working in SL 10.6.7

merauder75

1 post in this topic

Hey,

I've just got my first hackintosh working for the most part, using Chimera and a 10.6 retail DVD, and so far I am satisfied with its performance. However, I have been googling for a while now on how to set up proper drivers for my BFG GTX295(1796MB of graphics RAM), dual-PCI version. Currently, I cannot normally change the resolution of the screen without entering in the boot option "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" (my monitor is like 1600 something, i cant check since the windows hard drive wont boot, I am using a lower resolution because I am unsure how strenuous it is on the card to go higher). Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2-VM (Intel 945G chipset, i think)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @2.4Ghz

RAM: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM

CDROM: TSSTCorp

Hard Drives: One 180GB one with windows XP only on it, and a 1TB Seagate with the OSX partition, EFI partition, and a FAT partition for shared storage. OSX is booted by selecting its hard drive as the one to boot from in the BIOS.

Graphics: BFG GTX 295 Dual-PCI

From what I can tell, OSX is only identifying one of the cards and half the total video RAM (the 295 is two cards in one, and shows up normally as two cards). On a previous attempted install (which failed for other reasons), it did pick up both cards in the System Profiler(i used the same method, and don't know why this was the case). The performance is OK, and is able to run solitaire apps and play videos, however, it does seem to have a lot of mouse flicker. I would love to know how to set this up so I have full graphics acceleration, and can actually run OpenGL apps. Is it even possible to fix this? Oh, and I also have minor power management problems with the system as well, since it doesnt reliably shut itself down, and occasionally makes sounds as if it were turning off, but doesnt.