MSI Wind makes a great Hackintosh, what about the MSI X series?

Lightss

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone, I am planning on getting into iPhone app development and of COURSE apple makes you use OSX to do so. Considering my main hp envy is used for audio recording and production, I'm in need of a new machine to code on.

I have been research for almost a week now, first I was going to hackintosh, then thought about buying a Macbook Air refurbished, but am now looking back to hackintosh.

The MSI X series are gorgeous laptops. slim and MUCH more powerfull & less expensive than any macbook notebook out there. The one I'm looking at is the X460: http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpag...id=4&id=322

It is the highest preformance X series model, and with an Intel i7 processor, 6mb ram, and 500gb HDD is a MUCH better unit than the highest grade Macbook Air going for over 1700. And you can get this unit for under 1k refurbished. Under any normal circumstances, I would buy this over any OSX computer, but I NEED to run OSX to develop on. Creating a hackintosh seems to be somewhat difficult and dependent on your parts, but the MSI Wind runs well as far as I can tell and I was wondering if the MSI X series would run just as well? If it comes down to it, I would buy a retail legal copy of the latest OSX considering I would already save so much money buying the MSI to begin with, and I really want to get this to work instead of buying a Macbook.

Here are the specs if you didn't go to the website, although i recommend you do because it really is a gorgeous and nice computer.

____

X460-004US

• Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor

• Genuine Windows® 7 Professional

• 14" Widescreen Display (16:9 ; 1366 x 768)

• 6GB DDR3 system memory

• 750GB hard drive (7200rpm)

• Intel® Wireless Display capable

• THX TruStudio Pro Technology

• USB 3.0 for high speed data transfer

• HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) Output

• 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN

• Extended battery life for all-day computing

____

This hackintosh would be used with xCode for app developing purposes only really, if that information matters at all.

thanks in advance for the advice!