[HELP] Cant install Mac OS X on Asus N53SN-XR2

chrisweiler

2 posts in this topic

I just bought a new laptop for school, an ASUS N53SN-XR2 to be exact,

the reasons why I chose this laptop were due to the core i7, large hard drive and the ability to upgrade to 16gb of RAM.

The first thing I did when I bought the laptop was maximized the RAM and installed 3 more 4gb RAM sticks.

I have iDeneb currently running on my main desktop pc, so I tried to install iDeneb onto this laptop aswell,

after a long fight with it to get to the install screen, I was finally able to install. However when I booted up I got a horrible noise coming from the main speaker, extremely loud aswell, then I got an error screen.

I have looked around the forum and have seen other people having problems with this same laptop but it doesnt look like they ever got resolved.

One more question I have is, is it possible to install lion without first installing snow leopard? It appears that snow leopard doesnt support my 2gb nVidia GT550M or the sandy bridge processor, hpowever lion is compatible with both!

Is there anyway to install even just the base files for snow leopard in order to install lion?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

I have same broblem, with 640G HDD on Laptop, i install Chameleon but not boot. and i install Window on Partition 1 (not 200M system), install Lion on Partition 2. And install Chameleon for Windows. It ok, I thinks With Chameleon on Windows on boot screen it load 1 Iso emulator. Lion compartible with intel HD 3000 Graphics, not see GT 550.

Sorry my English