How do you install Lion from USB using only Windows?

Darrious

5 posts in this topic

I'm having troubles trying to use Windows 7 and creating a bootable USB of Lion. I've tried to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to see the USB and it won't. I'm not sure the proper tools/way to partition my 8g flash drive in order to put Chameleon on it... All the ways people have shown how to boot Lion from a USB has been simply using the Disk Utility in OSX... Is there any other way I could go about doing this using just Windows...

The main problem is for people like me who do not have a Mac or a Hackintosh... Any suggestions on what to do?

I suggest that you install os x quickly, just make it bootable with no other extra fancy stuff, and go to disk utility to do the required hdd format/partitioning. Current installation methods are written for ppl who already have osx up and running.

I'm having troubles trying to use Windows 7 and creating a bootable USB of Lion. I've tried to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to see the USB and it won't. I'm not sure the proper tools/way to partition my 8g flash drive in order to put Chameleon on it... All the ways people have shown how to boot Lion from a USB has been simply using the Disk Utility in OSX... Is there any other way I could go about doing this using just Windows...

The main problem is for people like me who do not have a Mac or a Hackintosh... Any suggestions on what to do?

its simple ,just use ur head

get vbox and install it on windows 7 ,then install SL on the VBox ,then prepare ur Lion usb from the VM

u can use my guide for the Vbox and SL then use any Lion guide u like to prepare the usb.