Lion - Recommended Hardware Specs

Raj_1990

3 posts in this topic

i want to build my own hackintosh and i dont want to do it the hard way. so if anyone here did a clean install of lion with working audio,lan and graphics, please take time to post your hardware requirements.....also post the model number of ur processor (eg. core2duo E6850) nd motherboard....thanks in advance :D

depends on ur budget ,any cpu from C2D and up is working ,dont get amd as its not supported

ATI or Nvidia ,its up to u but apple for about 2 years now it working basically on ATI so u will get less problems with it

about the MB ,i prefere ASUS since 2002 but most of users use gigabyte so again its up to what u like.

regarding the drivers/kexts it differs from pc to another ,and it works for someone but it doesnt for someone else ,its all about experimenting.

Basically, a sandy bridge system is your best bet for a simple, stable Lion install. I can't recommend anything specific for you because I don't know how much you're planning to spend.

General recommendations would be an h61/67 motherboard + a sandy bridge CPU (pentium or i3,5,7). I would also recommend you stay with sandy bridge's Intel HD 3000 since it works well with Lion and performs good enough for day to day stuff and some basic gaming.

Lan: any realtek works with lnx2mac driver

Sound: any HD, but preferably realtek, works with voodooHDA

So no need to worry about those since most motherboards already fulfill these requirements.

I'd say go for a Gigabyte h61 + core i5 sandy bridge + 4GB DDR3-1333