ps2 keyboard not detected after fresh lion install

sharelord

6 posts in this topic

Intel core2duo e4600 2.4ghz, 3gb ddr2, gigabyte g41m-es2l rev. 1.0, ide dvd writer, wd 500gb HD, RAM 3gb.

Bios setting defaults..HPET 64bit, ACPi S3

installed Chameleon RC5 752 on lion partition, default dsdt.aml, com.apple.boot.plist.: <key>arch</key> <string>i386</string>, kexts in extra/extensions/ fakesmc, legacyapplertc,jmicron36xata,nucpupowermanagement and alc8xxhda.kext.

No kexts deleted in s/l/e

kexts in s/l/e , appleps2controller, appleacpips2numb.

deleted s/l/coreservices/platformsupport.plist

After fresh lion installation ps2 keyboard is not detected but ps2 mouse works fine .hence, post installation process does not start like welcome screen, language selection, date etc.

strangely the keyboards lights are still functional they switch on/off on respective numlock and capslock pressing etc..

same above problem encountered in lion through the xps bootloader also..

Intel core2duo e4600 2.4ghz, 3gb ddr2, gigabyte g41m-es2l rev. 1.0, ide dvd writer, wd 500gb HD, RAM 3gb.

Bios setting defaults..HPET 64bit, ACPi S3

installed Chameleon RC5 752 on lion partition, default dsdt.aml, com.apple.boot.plist.: <key>arch</key> <string>i386</string>, kexts in extra/extensions/ fakesmc, legacyapplertc,jmicron36xata,nucpupowermanagement and alc8xxhda.kext.

No kexts deleted in s/l/e

kexts in s/l/e , appleps2controller, appleacpips2numb.

deleted s/l/coreservices/platformsupport.plist

After fresh lion installation ps2 keyboard is not detected but ps2 mouse works fine .hence, post installation process does not start like welcome screen, language selection, date etc.

strangely the keyboards lights are still functional they switch on/off on respective numlock and capslock pressing etc..

same above problem encountered in lion through the xps bootloader also..

ost of us get into the ps2 keyboard prob 'bitchy lion' ,use this

hi, Doing this helped me, hope it can also help you.

I booted in my Lion partition with -s -v -x flag and hit some keys when the boot was handed over to Lion boot. then I got into the terminal in a read-only mode. I did following to be able to modify Info.plist

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist
>open it and delete these lines

<string>DeviceSection</string>

<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

if you haven't used nano then do this way. when you are in command after typing those above 2 commands i.e. fsck

you will get a terminal with read-write access

I booted into my Lion installed drive or partition so this is what I did,

nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

then you will get a text editor with contents of Info.plist....scroll down to the end and remove those only two lines.

press control + x to exit then the nano will ask press 'y' to save, press y and hit enter. type quit to quit the terminal and press enter, u will boot into graphics with keyboard working.

this worked me this way. I would thank aura333 for suggestion, this solved my problem.

I have ATI radeon HD5470 and its not working yet..if u know something act it, let me know.

I have the opposite problem. My PS2 keyboard is detected but the PS2 mouse is not .. so the setup process refuses to continue. Is there any related lines that can be deleted/edited like the solution above ?

TIA

I have the opposite problem. My PS2 keyboard is detected but the PS2 mouse is not .. so the setup process refuses to continue. Is there any related lines that can be deleted/edited like the solution above ?

TIA

well, i had same problem and I bought the cheapest one. cost about $10 here in Denmark. but I messed up my install trying to fix graphics and reinstalled it again. now, i cant use ps2keyboard. i tried everything, but not working.

ost of us get into the ps2 keyboard prob 'bitchy lion' ,use this

hi, Doing this helped me, hope it can also help you.

I booted in my Lion partition with -s -v -x flag and hit some keys when the boot was handed over to Lion boot. then I got into the terminal in a read-only mode. I did following to be able to modify Info.plist

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist
>open it and delete these lines

<string>DeviceSection</string>

<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

if you haven't used nano then do this way. when you are in command after typing those above 2 commands i.e. fsck

you will get a terminal with read-write access

I booted into my Lion installed drive or partition so this is what I did,

nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

then you will get a text editor with contents of Info.plist....scroll down to the end and remove those only two lines.

press control + x to exit then the nano will ask press 'y' to save, press y and hit enter. type quit to quit the terminal and press enter, u will boot into graphics with keyboard working.

this worked me this way. I would thank aura333 for suggestion, this solved my problem.

I have ATI radeon HD5470 and its not working yet..if u know something act it, let me know.

thanks a million, Rakusson it works :)

BTW have checked this link for Graphic cardhttp://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file...1442&page=2

TIA

In the beginning I had this problem also, make sure u add boot arch=i386 in kernel flag in the com.apple.boot.plist then

install Appleps2controller.kext and appleacips2nub.kext.in Extra/Extentions or system/library/extentions.(using kext helper)

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

or else u can try the combination of vodoops2controller.kext and appleacips2numb.kext with or without arch=i386

Hope it works..

• 7 months later...

My problem is similar, but not the same. My PS/2 mouse/keyboard freezes at 'Flying Welcomes' screen, (actually, exactly at the Apple logo).

So where do i put the kexts mentioned. Also should I use injector kexts (if there are any for PS/2 K/M) or should I use the generic ones?

Also: where do these kexts go, S/L/E or Extra/Extensions?