• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

tikimann

tikimann

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had a beautiful Snow Leopard hackintosh going on my old intel dg33tl mobo but I'm upgrading to a 570GTX so I upgraded to Lion.

I got it all installed, somehow renabled the ethernet and the older 9800gtx+ I have in there is working fine for now. My issue is the audio. I'm using ##### 3.8 and sometimes after I run the system utilities and the audio rollback things from it, the audio starts working. And then it seems like everytime I restart the audio is sort of there during the boot, but disables itself when Lion is fully booted.

I really didn't want Lion but couldn't find any support for the GeForce 570s in Snow Leopard... But if anyone could give me a hand with getting the audio renabled, that would be great!

I've seen other messages that people have this board working in Lion, but I can't seem to find any posts about how they got the audio back.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

I had a beautiful Snow Leopard hackintosh going on my old intel dg33tl mobo but I'm upgrading to a 570GTX so I upgraded to Lion.

I got it all installed, somehow renabled the ethernet and the older 9800gtx+ I have in there is working fine for now. My issue is the audio. I'm using ##### 3.8 and sometimes after I run the system utilities and the audio rollback things from it, the audio starts working. And then it seems like everytime I restart the audio is sort of there during the boot, but disables itself when Lion is fully booted.

I really didn't want Lion but couldn't find any support for the GeForce 570s in Snow Leopard... But if anyone could give me a hand with getting the audio renabled, that would be great!

I've seen other messages that people have this board working in Lion, but I can't seem to find any posts about how they got the audio back.

Users of real Macs have this issue too - losing sound randomly - seems to have to do with AppleHDA ( I use vodoo and don't have the issue at all , or better : not happened yet, who knows ..)

coreaudio is going mad in Lion as it seems.

try : sudo killall coreaudiod to restart the daemon, resetting sound.

this guy blogs about it :audio issues in lion

and this guy created an app to fix it :audio fix dmg

tikimann

tikimann

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Users of real Macs have this issue too - losing sound randomly - seems to have to do with AppleHDA ( I use vodoo and don't have the issue at all , or better : not happened yet, who knows ..)

coreaudio is going mad in Lion as it seems.

try : sudo killall coreaudiod to restart the daemon, resetting sound.

this guy blogs about it :audio issues in lion

and this guy created an app to fix it :audio fix dmg

Interesting!

But it doesn't seem to help me. I've now reinstalled Lion like 4 times and each time I'll get the audio working with ##### and chimera. And then the next reboot it will be gone. I tried the app that guy made and the sudo command but it says no matching processes found.

I've been running voodoo 0.2.1 with teh HDA rollback to see if I can't get it running again.

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts
I would love to find a resolution for this...I resolved to buying an $8 USB audio adapter, but it would be nice to not have to use it if at all possible!

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts
Got it figured out, head over here: http://whatthetech.i...el-dg33tl-again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy