AppleHDA.kext from 10.7.0 "almost" patched for ALC888b

prcmelo

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying for days to patch my AppleHDA.kext from Lion 10.7.0 for my ALC888B but I have no luck.

I've read several tutorials ... and failed. I've tried to use the AppleHDA from Snow Leopard with GigabyteALC888b.kext ... works, but my mute button on my Apple keyboard is inactive and I also have some "popping" sound ...

I leave here my AppleHDA.kext "almost" patched from Lion and also my DSDT to any of you, if you can, give me a direction what I should do to succeed.

Thank you all!

AppleHDA.kext.zip

dsdt.zip

I'm trying for days to patch my AppleHDA.kext from Lion 10.7.0 for my ALC888B but I have no luck.

I've read several tutorials ... and failed. I've tried to use the AppleHDA from Snow Leopard with GigabyteALC888b.kext ... works, but my mute button on my Apple keyboard is inactive and I also have some "popping" sound ...

I leave here my AppleHDA.kext "almost" patched from Lion and also my DSDT to any of you, if you can, give me a direction what I should do to succeed.

Thank you all!

I got it working in 10.7.0, same motherboard as yours, but EVGA GT430 graphics. Check the first post here.

However, I'm back to crackling on 10.7.1.

Maybe you can try this on 10.7.0 then let everyone know if you get it working on 10.7.1?

I got it working in 10.7.0, same motherboard as yours, but EVGA GT430 graphics. Check the first post here.

However, I'm back to crackling on 10.7.1.

Maybe you can try this on 10.7.0 then let everyone know if you get it working on 10.7.1?

Hi Shagger!

Some time ago I tried the kexts from the link you gave me ... the problem is that making this way, the "sound keys" of my Apple keyboard does not work ...

Actually I'm trying to patch AppleHDA from Lion... so I do not need to use the GigabyteALC888b.kext and AppleHDA from Snow.

I'm still on Lion 10.7.0... Have you tried to patch AppleHDA from Lion? If so, can you tell me how to do it?

Anyway I appreciate your answer! Thank you very much!!!

Hi Shagger!

Some time ago I tried the kexts from the link you gave me ... the problem is that making this way, the "sound keys" of my Apple keyboard does not work ...

Actually I'm trying to patch AppleHDA from Lion... so I do not need to use the GigabyteALC888b.kext and AppleHDA from Snow.

I'm still on Lion 10.7.0... Have you tried to patch AppleHDA from Lion? If so, can you tell me how to do it?

Anyway I appreciate your answer! Thank you very much!!!

Sadly I'm not smart enough to know how to patch a kext. I'm using a McAlly keyboard with my Hackintosh and all the keys work fine. I much prefer that keyboard to the Apple one as it has traditional 'clacky' keys with good aural and tactile feedback, though I recognise that does not help you one bit. FWIW the (wired) McAlly ran me some $19 at Amazon so it's not a budget breaker if those keys are important to you. As an alternative, did you try the speaker volume icon placed in the menu bar? Clunky, I know, but it may work. It's fine here. Also, maybe search for keyboard kexts for the Apple one?

Sadly I'm not smart enough to know how to patch a kext. I'm using a McAlly keyboard with my Hackintosh and all the keys work fine. I much prefer that keyboard to the Apple one as it has traditional 'clacky' keys with good aural and tactile feedback, though I recognise that does not help you one bit. FWIW the (wired) McAlly ran me some $19 at Amazon so it's not a budget breaker if those keys are important to you. As an alternative, did you try the speaker volume icon placed in the menu bar? Clunky, I know, but it may work. It's fine here. Also, maybe search for keyboard kexts for the Apple one?

Well ... I'll keep trying to patch AppleHDA ... it has become a "matter of honor" :D ... if I get something I'll let you know ... Once again many thanks for your help and for your suggestions!

Greetings from Brazil!

Oh, I've almost forgot ... if you have not managed to get your sound to work, do you want to try what I use here?