Asus maximus IV Gene-Z Hackintosh

dgsga

50 posts in this topic

Hi,

sorry for my english.

Can you write instruction for install LEON on GENE Z+ 2600K and activate sound\video(2600k) via HDMI. No additional video card. Memory 16Gb.

In MB install last 9xx BIOS. Downgrade BIOS to ver 4xx not possible from bios interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Buoo and others,

Thanks a lot for the dsdt. I have been hustling with getting lion no my gene-z. Without dsdt I didn't get audio working and a lot of kernel panic et cetera. With the dsdt it all works fine, except for the sleep.

When I try to get out of the sleep mode, the mouse and keyboard dont react anymore, so usb can't get out of sleep. The awesome red lights on my mono say 30, which means the system is waking up from the s3 state. And it keeps there, as it is stuck on repowering the usb I guess.

I think I might have wrong bios settings, but I can't figure out what, and I'm afraid of just messing around because I get heart infarcts and suicidal thoughts by seeing kp's.

If you need more info on my settings or anything please ask.

I hope anyone can help me with this, maybe what the right settings for the usb are?

Thanks guys for passively/actively helping me here,

Maarten

So did all of you flashed the linked bios?

I'd rather avoid that if that is absolutely not necessary. I'm not sure what revision, version etc is it. Can anybody clarify?

Without it though whatever DSDT I use I get kernel panic at start with CPU Power Management. Is that because of it? I tried generated DSDT files by me. All linked here and in other threads I found. Using them with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installation + 10.7.2.

I know there is NullCPUPM but I'd rather have the features.

Would be grateful for any insights.

EDIT: forget it, flashed and it's working fine.

Hey guys, I did the same thing here, installed 10.7.2, and used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get everything running. Everything works except sleep, so I followed this guide to make my own DSDT:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

After I created this DSDT I deleted: EvOreboot.kext, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, then put the DSDT in my Extra Folder. The next time I tried to boot I got a KP right away on boot, from AppleCPUPowermanagement.

If I flash my bios with the bios posted in the first post will sleep/shutdown, etc work? Do I have to use the DSDT posted in the first post also, or can I use the one I made?

Or Is there another way to get sleep without flashing the bios?

I currently have these kext's installed: FakeSMC.kext, LegacyAppleRTC.kext, EvOreboot.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

Hello guys, before christmass I try my GENE with this custom bios, sleep and speedstep works great, but my audio dont work :(

2nd option: Try newest BIOS from Asus 0902 and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with AppleHDA + ALC892 for non-DSDT, audio now works fine.

next step without DSDT is working speedstep... for this you must patch

AppleCPUPowermanagement. with speedstepper and works great !

NOW I HAVE MY: i2500k@4800Mhz, 16GB RAM, Geforce560ti

sounds: work !

GPU: work !

sleep work !

overclocking: work !

Geekbench: 13700points

• Like 1

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with buoos dsdt, alc 889, apple hda rollback and alc8xx enabler, and intel lan.

I have 6850 cyclone MSI.

I overclocked my i5 2500k to 1 core 5,3

2 cores 5,2

3 cores 5,1

4 core 5 ghz

8gigs ram. When ram on 1333MHz my Geekbench score is 14000

When ram on XM, wich is 1600MHz my Geekbench is below 10000, wich is a little weird, if anyone knows why please let me know.

PLL overvoltage is enabled so sleep dont work

vcore is 1,470 and stable, maybe i can decrease is to 1.465.

I do use the hacked version 403 or something so i dont have the speedstepper patched.

So for me sound and ethernet and graphics all works. Dunno whether eSata works cause I dont use it. USB 3 doesnt work.

I am very happy with my little beast!

• 3 weeks later...

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with buoos dsdt, alc 889, apple hda rollback and alc8xx enabler, and intel lan.

I have 6850 cyclone MSI.

I overclocked my i5 2500k to 1 core 5,3

2 cores 5,2

3 cores 5,1

4 core 5 ghz

8gigs ram. When ram on 1333MHz my Geekbench score is 14000

When ram on XM, wich is 1600MHz my Geekbench is below 10000, wich is a little weird, if anyone knows why please let me know.

PLL overvoltage is enabled so sleep dont work

vcore is 1,470 and stable, maybe i can decrease is to 1.465.

I do use the hacked version 403 or something so i dont have the speedstepper patched.

So for me sound and ethernet and graphics all works. Dunno whether eSata works cause I dont use it. USB 3 doesnt work.

I am very happy with my little beast!

Hey man you have cpu vcore to 1,470 day use ?

I lowered the vcore and multiplyer, i am going to use windows to see what lowest vcore i can have with 4,6GHz.

I did not resolve the usb, and i cannot wake from sleep, but this is not a big problem.

I do have a sata III drive installed, agility 3, trim enabled, and i get these scores:

Results 273.86

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.7 (11A511)

Physical RAM 8192 MB

Model iMac12,2

Drive Type OCZ-AGILITY3

Disk Test 273.86

Sequential 169.87

Uncached Write 152.74 93.78 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 135.91 76.90 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 135.24 39.58 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 444.70 223.50 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 706.16

Uncached Write 1237.86 131.04 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 277.53 88.85 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 3414.84 24.20 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 1041.14 193.19 MB/sec [256K blocks]

I dont know how good it is and whether it is good or not, the first grades are the xbench scores, the second the actual speed.

I have the "hacked" bios 403, and just recently patched my powermanagement, but: even though i did overclock my system, here in my mac install the multiplyer sticks at 33, so thats a problem i need to have a look at!

I am going to update my bios, check the settings, lower the vcore and google for solutions to my turbo not working!

For test ssd ..use AJA System Test

But you usb work or not?

Mouse and keybord working?

My mouse and keyboard do work. Its just that when i wake up from sleep, usb does not power up again, it s not like it hangs or something, when i press the i/o button it mac osx asks me to shut off, reboot, sleep etc, so the pc doesnt hang but just no usb out/input.

With the aja test and defoult settings i get 375mb/s write and 452 mb/s read, pretty good i guess and definitely sata III working!

By the way, i updated my bios to 902 and i can confirm powermanagemant does work after patching it!

• 2 weeks later...

can someone please post a dsdt for this board

and a howto for flshing bios

I have flased a a gigabyte ep45-ds3 board with cartri bios wonder if the process is same?

I have a blank hd drive but have a dvd snowleopard and a apple usb stick with lion

thanks

xstation :angel_not:

• 1 month later...

There is a new BIOS update which since I can only run 4gb OF ram due to a unknown fault

might help but then again I must rerun the BIOS that was installed in March

Maximus IV GENE-Z BIOIS 3203

1.Improve system stability.

2.Improve memory compatibility.

3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

* Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping MP version CPU. File Size 4,54 (MBytes) 2012.03.14 update

Yes. I have update my board, and now i have problems patching it with olarila patch for this mobo. I could't get work DSDT audio injection and SATA. Could somebody updates patch for it ?? Thank you.

I can't find in the new bios JMB0 and JMB1.

This new bios is very different from the previous 0902 as it has to accommodate ivy bridge cpu's as well as sandy bridge. The good news is that if you look at the DSDT and SSDT tables they are now MUCH more like those in the latest MacMini 5,x series. Many sequences especially to do with CPUPM are identical. SATA code lies in a separate SSDT Apple-style. There is a new powermanagement efi module which I think is the home of the MSR registers but I haven't worked out yet how to hack it if indeed it does need hacking. Have not tested it yet as I'm currently tinkering with an X79 build which has it's own set of problems. Sorry I can't help as yet, will let you know if I make any progress

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...