Need a thorough walk through

killer22

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Im completely new to this forum.

I want to have OS X on my notebook which is designed for windows XP.

My notebook's config:

Toshiba Satellite M70

2GB RAM

100GB HDD

1.73 GHZ intel centrino.

Can anyone please give me a complete walk through on how i can have both OSs on my notebook. I dont want both to run at the same time. Will the OS X work perfectly? I'd do with an older version of OS X if the latest runs slow. I have searched the site thoroughly but i cant get the exact info i want.

Thank You!

Hi, I've not had any experience with your particular laptop, my advice is to just try it and see what happens, the worst thing that will happen is that it won't work and you have to reinstall windows or linux. My advice would be to try a premade version such as iatkos or ideneb. Do your research first to make sure your graphics card and wifi card are supported.

Thanks for the reply!

Im just asking if the latest version will work like it should. i.e. super fast, without any lags, or i'll need some specific older version which'll work amazingly with my older processor (1.73GHZ INtel Centrino), etc

I've just installed 10.6.3 on a nx7400 with a centrino duo 2.0ghz CPU, but it needed one of the cores disabled to work properly and it's really smooth, so your 1.73 should be ok too, it isn't much slower. What other components make up your laptop? Graphics card, wireless card, etc?

Ty for the reply

But I cant copy n paste the names from Device Manager.

If you can't even be bothered to type out the names of a few devices manually then I suggest sticking to windows as getting osx to work properly on a laptop can be hard work and you can't be arsed to spends a few minutes typing.

LOL

i meant that since u said: "What other components make up your laptop? Graphics card, wireless card, ETC?"

I wanted to make sure that all the info that u need will be in one post.

Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG [Calexico2] Network Connection Network controller

ATI Technologies Inc 5462 M24 [Radeon Mobility X600] Display controller VGA compatible controller

Intel Corporation 2792 Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller Display controller

Intel Corporation 2592 Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller Display controller VGA compatible controller

ATI Technologies Inc 5653 Radeon Mobility X700 (PCIE) Display controller VGA compatible controller

You might be able to get the wireless card working with the iwidarwin drivers, some people have reported issues, you'll just have to try it to find out, you can always swap it out for a dw1395 which can be had on ebay for a few quid. The gma900 graphics card should work too. You might have problems with the ati graphics card if it is the x700 (you listed x600 and x700).

Just try to install it and see what happens, have fun!