• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Oniz93

Oniz93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys. I've bought this laptop and i'm trying to install and boot Snow Leo or Lion. Here's my configuration:

• CPU: i3-2310M
  • RAM: 4GB DDR3
  • HDD: Samsung 500GB
  • Video: Intel x3000 and GT 525M

When i try to boot with SL a message say that the 525 doesn't be recognized and when i try to boot Lion install cd after the kext loading the computer restart.

I've tried all the combination of flag (-x -f -s) but without success. I can say that the monitor in plugged in the x3000 and the gt 525 works only in parallel so i need to get lion with the x3000 without having OS X installed on this computer. I have SL installed on another notebook and if i have to do something OS X operation i can do them on that PC.

Pls help me i need OS X working on this laptop!

edit:
I'm trying with Lion because gt525 isn't supported on SL. The only thing i have to do is patching DSDT but when i go to extract one with win7 or ubuntu gives me a version that i can't compile with the new changes.... I need to follow this guide: HD3000

To make the installer usb i've used this guide.

Can anyone make compilable this DSDT in attachment?

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.zip   36.94KB   42 downloads

Ameeno

Ameeno

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump on this.

i Have the same laptop, and i want to install OSx!!!

any guides i can use.???

thanks.

KWODO

KWODO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Same here too....

N7110 has many ACPI table errors. A06 Bios 210 and A05 Bios 201 errors.
My Inspiron 17R configuration is:

i7-2630QM 2.00GHz
6GB DDR3 1333MHz
Toshiba 640GB HDD
Intel HD Graphics 3000 + Nvidia GT525M 2GB

BTW...the N5110, Inspiron 15R has NO ACPI table errors and Lion is running fine with custom DSDT!!!
i5, 4GB, Intel HD Graphics 3000 + ATI 6430M (using Intel GFX)

Here are the DSDT files fot N7110 BIOS A05...untouched...with 201 errors...

Attached Files

Septagon I

Septagon I

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
http://www.insanelym...hp/t261174.html - thank the original poster there...

See this.. I had problems booting, so I typed

GraphicsEnabler=no busrate=23 cpus=1

and it went to the install screen. Alps touchpad doesnt seem to work, so use a mouse.

Cheers!
Sep

KWODO

KWODO

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Snow Leopard 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 will work without any hardware acceleration. (GE=NO !)
After updating to 10.6.8 you'l never see the desktop anymore! KP at startup or reset.
Tested with latest Chameleon and Chimera Bootloader and all combination of kernel flags/GraphicsEnabler etc...

Lion 10.7.0 runs with hardware acceleration on Intel HD Graphics 3000.... but you have to deal with stretched screen
(half screen visible) and artifacts!
Same behavior with Hex-String or Chimera GraphicsEnabler=Yes
(After Nvidia Unknown 0MB NVc1 was found.. wait 1-2 mins, then it will find Intell HD 3000 and will go on.)

Dell Notebooks (N7110+N5110, perhaps others too) can only Boot MBR formatted HDD's !!!
Use MBR-fixes on OS X Installer
...##### Legacy Bootcd can startup Snow Leo 10.6.3 Installer...(GE=NO)
...Chimera 1.5.4 can startup Lion / Lion Installer (GE=YES or GE=NO...same result.. QE/CI and stretched screen)

Changes between GE YES and NO: (0x01168086)
GE=NO... Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB
GE=YES...Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile 384MB

Without DSDT fix this wouldn't be a very useful system anyway. (LID, HPET, WAK, GFX0...)
I'm going to sell this crap and buy an XPS 17 L702X...This one works without any trouble.

Cheers.

PS:
Alps Trackpad (N7110+N5110) works on Lion. No gestures anyway, only standard movement and touch-click.

EDIT:
10.7.1 Update solves the artifact problem. (GE=YES or GE=NO)
But the stretched screen is still present... GRRR

alyosa2001

alyosa2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi, i also have an Dell Inspiron N7110, how did you manage to install iAtkos? after install, mine stucks at W386x: found unsuported chip ID=0x85 REVISION=0x18
I followed the instructions found here http://wiki.osx86pro...#Inspiron_N5110 for Inspiron N5110. When i try to boot LION from USB stick it says: Operation System not found. Also Macdrive 8 doesn't reveal the Lion partition.
Any help would be much appreciated

google50002

google50002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi
Here is my DSDT from A11 BIOS No errors
hope it's helps

Attached Files

samiouanes

samiouanes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Here is my DSDT from A11 BIOS No errors hope it's helps

Did you get any of the gfx cards to work ? If yes which one ?
I tried using your DSDT with bios A11 but I get a black screen after "NTFS drive". Deleting the intel kexts allows me to boot but with no gfx card identified by the system (resolution=1024*768).
Can you please upload your Intel and Nvidia kexts ? As well as your Extra folder ?
Thanks

google50002

google50002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Did you get any of the gfx cards to work ? If yes which one ?
I tried using your DSDT with bios A11 but I get a black screen after "NTFS drive". Deleting the intel kexts allows me to boot but with no gfx card identified by the system (resolution=1024*768).
Can you please upload your Intel and Nvidia kexts ? As well as your Extra folder ?
Thanks

Hi
I didn't get any of my video card working
I'm booting whit GraphicsEnabler=No and I Deleted all Graphics kexts in S\L\E
My SMBios is MacPro8,3 -- I see the screen but i cant change resolution
I still looking how to solve this problem

ennar

ennar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hi all , this is my first post but i'm trying installing iatkos l2 (done), boot fail cause of my Graphics (hd3000 and GT 525), finally i boot in thanks to kext posted for dell N5110 that i dropped(copy/paste in S/L/E using macdrive on my windows 7 (original partition):
wireless works (manually)
facetime ok
no battery
resolution 1024*768(only)
no trackpad(not even touchpad) using optical mouse
icloud, cardreader, LAN and BT not tested

my hackintosh is dell n7110:
i7 2670QM 2.2GHz , RAM 4Go , NVIDIA GT 525 BIOS A07

can anybody upload from his fully functionnal n7110 hackintosh , extentions and extra folders?

thanks guys for the help and waiting for a full tutorial for this n7110 (a real beast)

amiiine

amiiine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

hi all , this is my first post but i'm trying installing iatkos l2 (done), boot fail cause of my Graphics (hd3000 and GT 525), finally i boot in thanks to kext posted for dell N5110 that i dropped(copy/paste in S/L/E using macdrive on my windows 7 (original partition):
wireless works (manually)
facetime ok
no battery
resolution 1024*768(only)
no trackpad(not even touchpad) using optical mouse
icloud, cardreader, LAN and BT not tested

my hackintosh is dell n7110:
i7 2670QM 2.2GHz , RAM 4Go , NVIDIA GT 525 BIOS A07

can anybody upload from his fully functionnal n7110 hackintosh , extentions and extra folders?

thanks guys for the help and waiting for a full tutorial for this n7110 (a real beast)

try to look here
http://wiki.osx86pro...#Inspiron_N5110

is the same as ur lappy

ennar

ennar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

try to look here
http://wiki.osx86pro...#Inspiron_N5110

is the same as ur lappy

thanks for answering , i used that topic kexts (copy /paste) to get lion start but i still get ma hd 3000 not fully functional , i think that i need a patched DSDT for my motherboard to get the graphics fully functioning with a resolution of 1600*900,
don't you think?

ennar

ennar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
now i get my hd 3000 working with 512Mo (instead of 64Mo) but the new problem that i got only red left half screen displaying with 1600*900 resolution, try smbios dell mini , macbook pro 8,1, 8,2 and nothing changes, i really think i have to get my own DSDT to get a full and real display.
ps.try to put a screen shot

samiouanes

samiouanes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

now i get my hd 3000 working with 512Mo (instead of 64Mo) but the new problem that i got only red left half screen displaying with 1600*900 resolution, try smbios dell mini , macbook pro 8,1, 8,2 and nothing changes, i really think i have to get my own DSDT to get a full and real display. ps.try to put a screen shot

How did you get your gfx card to work? Can you upload your Extra folder and your kexts please ?

ennar

ennar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

How did you get your gfx card to work? Can you upload your Extra folder and your kexts please ?

believe me it's useless like that, i posted a snapshot here http://www.insanelym...7

ennar

ennar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
no 17r well working hackintosh users? :(

klompie

klompie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Does anyone have it working yet?

I have an N7110 too and want too get macos it. The iAtkos L2 installs, but after install it does not boot.

westep23

westep23

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Anyone want test this? I have working QE/CI and resolution of 1600x900. Need todo more testing just wanted to get it up here.

Attached Files

wen1

wen1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Anyone want test this? I have working QE/CI and resolution of 1600x900. Need todo more testing just wanted to get it up here.

Installing mountain lion as i type this. Thanks for the DSDT, will test and report results

wen1

wen1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
got ML working fairly well. No touchpad and the battery is not detected.
I need to also swap the wifi to a supported card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy