[Half-solved] Dell N7110 aka Inspiron 17R

Oniz93

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I've bought this laptop and i'm trying to install and boot Snow Leo or Lion. Here's my configuration:

• CPU: i3-2310M
  • RAM: 4GB DDR3
  • HDD: Samsung 500GB
  • Video: Intel x3000 and GT 525M

When i try to boot with SL a message say that the 525 doesn't be recognized and when i try to boot Lion install cd after the kext loading the computer restart.

I've tried all the combination of flag (-x -f -s) but without success. I can say that the monitor in plugged in the x3000 and the gt 525 works only in parallel so i need to get lion with the x3000 without having OS X installed on this computer. I have SL installed on another notebook and if i have to do something OS X operation i can do them on that PC.

Pls help me i need OS X working on this laptop!

edit:

I'm trying with Lion because gt525 isn't supported on SL. The only thing i have to do is patching DSDT but when i go to extract one with win7 or ubuntu gives me a version that i can't compile with the new changes.... I need to follow this guide: HD3000

To make the installer usb i've used this guide.

Can anyone make compilable this DSDT in attachment?

dsdt.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Same here too....

N7110 has many ACPI table errors. A06 Bios 210 and A05 Bios 201 errors.

My Inspiron 17R configuration is:

i7-2630QM 2.00GHz

6GB DDR3 1333MHz

Toshiba 640GB HDD

Intel HD Graphics 3000 + Nvidia GT525M 2GB

BTW...the N5110, Inspiron 15R has NO ACPI table errors and Lion is running fine with custom DSDT!!!

i5, 4GB, Intel HD Graphics 3000 + ATI 6430M (using Intel GFX)

Here are the DSDT files fot N7110 BIOS A05...untouched...with 201 errors...

original_DSDT_N7110_A05.zip

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 to 10.6.7 will work without any hardware acceleration. (GE=NO !)

After updating to 10.6.8 you'l never see the desktop anymore! KP at startup or reset.

Tested with latest Chameleon and Chimera Bootloader and all combination of kernel flags/GraphicsEnabler etc...

Lion 10.7.0 runs with hardware acceleration on Intel HD Graphics 3000.... but you have to deal with stretched screen

(half screen visible) and artifacts!

Same behavior with Hex-String or Chimera GraphicsEnabler=Yes

(After Nvidia Unknown 0MB NVc1 was found.. wait 1-2 mins, then it will find Intell HD 3000 and will go on.)

Dell Notebooks (N7110+N5110, perhaps others too) can only Boot MBR formatted HDD's !!!

Use MBR-fixes on OS X Installer

...[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Legacy Bootcd can startup Snow Leo 10.6.3 Installer...(GE=NO)

...Chimera 1.5.4 can startup Lion / Lion Installer (GE=YES or GE=NO...same result.. QE/CI and stretched screen)

Changes between GE YES and NO: (0x01168086)

GE=NO... Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB

GE=YES...Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile 384MB

Without DSDT fix this wouldn't be a very useful system anyway. (LID, HPET, WAK, GFX0...)

I'm going to sell this {censored} and buy an XPS 17 L702X...This one works without any trouble.

Cheers.

PS:

Alps Trackpad (N7110+N5110) works on Lion. No gestures anyway, only standard movement and touch-click.

EDIT:

10.7.1 Update solves the artifact problem. (GE=YES or GE=NO)

But the stretched screen is still present... GRRR

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, i also have an Dell Inspiron N7110, how did you manage to install iAtkos? after install, mine stucks at W386x: found unsuported chip ID=0x85 REVISION=0x18

I followed the instructions found here http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.2/Portables#Inspiron_N5110 for Inspiron N5110. When i try to boot LION from USB stick it says: Operation System not found. Also Macdrive 8 doesn't reveal the Lion partition.

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Here is my DSDT from A11 BIOS No errors hope it's helps

Did you get any of the gfx cards to work ? If yes which one ?

I tried using your DSDT with bios A11 but I get a black screen after "NTFS drive". Deleting the intel kexts allows me to boot but with no gfx card identified by the system (resolution=1024*768).

Can you please upload your Intel and Nvidia kexts ? As well as your Extra folder ?

Thanks

Did you get any of the gfx cards to work ? If yes which one ?

I tried using your DSDT with bios A11 but I get a black screen after "NTFS drive". Deleting the intel kexts allows me to boot but with no gfx card identified by the system (resolution=1024*768).

Can you please upload your Intel and Nvidia kexts ? As well as your Extra folder ?

Thanks

Hi

I didn't get any of my video card working

I'm booting whit GraphicsEnabler=No and I Deleted all Graphics kexts in S\L\E

My SMBios is MacPro8,3 -- I see the screen but i cant change resolution

I still looking how to solve this problem

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi all , this is my first post but i'm trying installing iatkos l2 (done), boot fail cause of my Graphics (hd3000 and GT 525), finally i boot in thanks to kext posted for dell N5110 that i dropped(copy/paste in S/L/E using macdrive on my windows 7 (original partition):

wireless works (manually)

facetime ok

no battery

resolution 1024*768(only)

no trackpad(not even touchpad) using optical mouse

icloud, cardreader, LAN and BT not tested

my hackintosh is dell n7110:

i7 2670QM 2.2GHz , RAM 4Go , NVIDIA GT 525 BIOS A07

can anybody upload from his fully functionnal n7110 hackintosh , extentions and extra folders?

thanks guys for the help and waiting for a full tutorial for this n7110 (a real beast)

hi all , this is my first post but i'm trying installing iatkos l2 (done), boot fail cause of my Graphics (hd3000 and GT 525), finally i boot in thanks to kext posted for dell N5110 that i dropped(copy/paste in S/L/E using macdrive on my windows 7 (original partition):

wireless works (manually)

facetime ok

no battery

resolution 1024*768(only)

no trackpad(not even touchpad) using optical mouse

icloud, cardreader, LAN and BT not tested

my hackintosh is dell n7110:

i7 2670QM 2.2GHz , RAM 4Go , NVIDIA GT 525 BIOS A07

can anybody upload from his fully functionnal n7110 hackintosh , extentions and extra folders?

thanks guys for the help and waiting for a full tutorial for this n7110 (a real beast)

try to look here

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.2/Portables#Inspiron_N5110

is the same as ur lappy

now i get my hd 3000 working with 512Mo (instead of 64Mo) but the new problem that i got only red left half screen displaying with 1600*900 resolution, try smbios dell mini , macbook pro 8,1, 8,2 and nothing changes, i really think i have to get my own DSDT to get a full and real display.

ps.try to put a screen shot

now i get my hd 3000 working with 512Mo (instead of 64Mo) but the new problem that i got only red left half screen displaying with 1600*900 resolution, try smbios dell mini , macbook pro 8,1, 8,2 and nothing changes, i really think i have to get my own DSDT to get a full and real display. ps.try to put a screen shot

How did you get your gfx card to work? Can you upload your Extra folder and your kexts please ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone want test this? I have working QE/CI and resolution of 1600x900. Need todo more testing just wanted to get it up here.

Installing mountain lion as i type this. Thanks for the DSDT, will test and report results

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Dell Inspiron N7110

Cpu:800 MHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I got Mac Os x Mavericks working perfectly on my Laptop.I used the distro Niresh 10.9. Go to his website or search on google. All you really need is one usb. Good Luck :)  :)

can please you share a kext, dsdt and other files that you used for mouse wifi and so on ?

thanks