Input Remapper 0.9.19 Beta

Beliyaal

23 posts in this topic

Input Remapper 0.9.19 Beta has been released!

For full functionality please remove Boot Camp 1.1 keyboard drivers.

2006-09-03 - Version 0.9.19 Beta

* Fixed: Added support for Vista.

* Note: Numlock and Window manipulation will not work correctly in Vista.

* Note: Not tested under 64-bit Vista.

Keys bound on MacBook Pro

* The default keypad like in OSX. This includes num-lock functionality

* fn+Left Click = Right Click

* fn+Backspace = Delete

* fn+Eject = PrintScreen

* fn+F1 = Decrease Brightness

* fn+F2 = Increase Brightness

* fn+F3 = Toggle Mute

* fn+F4 = Decrease Volume

* fn+F5 = Increase Volume

* fn+F6 = Toggle Num-Lock

* fn+F8 = Toggle Keyboard Backlight

* fn+F9 = Decrease Keyboard Backlight

* fn+F10 = Increase Keyboard Backlight

* fn+F11 = Media Play

* fn+F12 = Media Stop

* fn+Up = Page Up

* fn+Down = Page Down

* fn+Left = Home

* fn+Right = End

* fn+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace = Ctrl+Alt+Delete

* Eject = Eject all optical discs

* Enter = Right Click

Any questions, requests, or bug reports should be made in this thread. Thanks!

InputRemapper_0_9_19_Beta.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Beliyaal!

Thank you very much for this great tool! Although I've used it a short time only there have already been two releases, very good work! I think it is the most usefull non-apple driver on my Macbook pro, only a trackpad driver could beat that...

I've also the MacBookTrayTools installed which are mainly drivers for the keyboard backlight and light sensor. This is the URL: http://dmitri.v.googlepages.com/macbooktraytools

I would like to suggest that it would be very usefull if your programs could be working together. The one (yours) is able to control the keyboard backlight by FN-Keys, Dimitri's is able to control the keyboard backlight by light sensor. If your programs would work together, it would be able to control the screen brighness by light sensor, too! Also, the keyboard backlight would be controlled more synchron. (Which is not the case this time, although both programs don't collide, but the don't interfer, either).

Or, the best but time-intensive solution: You integrate Dimitri's functionality into InputRemapper and make it better (more apple-like)! What do you think?

dartrax

Hi beli,

i use Vista RC1 and Input Remapper works just fine.

My only problem is that my eject key won't work, since i changed my keyboard regional options to german (with the apple standard keyboard drivers i couldn't write an "@"). Is there any solution so that i can use the @ key and the eject key?

thx in advance

dorna

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This unfortunately doesn't work for me on my macbook pro. I followed your instructions to get rid of the Boot Camp keyboard driver, but when I install Input Remapper I only get partial functionality out of it. Remapping the enter key to delete worked like a charm, and I can now easily get to my task manager, and fn+F6 turns numlock on and off, but the other function keys have stopped working entirely. Is there something I need to do from within the program itself to mae these other mappings work? I can see them all there and unless I'm misinterpreting something, they should work I think...

Thanks in advance for any help,

C

EDIT: If it's important, I have tried versions .9.14, .9.17 and .9.19

Hi,

This unfortunately doesn't work for me on my macbook pro. I followed your instructions to get rid of the Boot Camp keyboard driver, but when I install Input Remapper I only get partial functionality out of it. Remapping the enter key to delete worked like a charm, and I can now easily get to my task manager, and fn+F6 turns numlock on and off, but the other function keys have stopped working entirely. Is there something I need to do from within the program itself to mae these other mappings work? I can see them all there and unless I'm misinterpreting something, they should work I think...

Thanks in advance for any help,

C

EDIT: If it's important, I have tried versions .9.14, .9.17 and .9.19

So what is missing is the volume, screen brightness and keyboard backligt? Anything else not working?

So what is missing is the volume, screen brightness and keyboard backligt? Anything else not working?

Well, I don't know which (repeated) step it was, but I had a bit of a breakthrough last night. It seems the trick for me was to make sure I rebooted between absolutely every step. I uninstalled Input Remapper and rebooted. Then I did the update driver trick you posted for both instances of Apple Keyboard Manager in the device manager, deleted the folder from my program files, rebooted. Got back into the device manager and uninstalled both instances of Apple Keyboard Manager, rebooted. Installed Input Remapper 0.9.17, rebooted. Setup Remapper on the next boot and it worked, and there was no annoying and persistant little "A" in my tray like there had been before. I got excited and tried to upgrade to 0.9.19 and lost volume and brightness controls... so I crossed my fingers and tried 0.9.18 to see if it brought them back and added keyboard backlight, which it did. So it seems everything is finally fine. I'd sure like to get rid of the Apple Keyboard Manager stuff from the list in Add/Remove Programs, but it' not running anymore and your remapper is working like a charm... which is all I really care about.

So I'm sorry to have bothered you but at least if anyone has similar problems maybe this will help them. Thank you for your work on this. I love your remapper. It really makes it feel like a Windows machine when I'm on my Windows partition. My new lappy officially kicks ass now.

C

I am having an issue with the number pad on the keyboard. I use the number pad to control views in one of my 3d modeling apps. I found that I can either have them working with the num lock on, however I can't access the letter keys. Is there a way to set up a keymap so that fn + number pad is functional rather than relying on num lock?

Likewise, I am very appreciative of this app.

Thanks

I am having an issue with the number pad on the keyboard. I use the number pad to control views in one of my 3d modeling apps. I found that I can either have them working with the num lock on, however I can't access the letter keys. Is there a way to set up a keymap so that fn + number pad is functional rather than relying on num lock?

Likewise, I am very appreciative of this app.

Thanks

The numpad keys only works when the numlock light is enabled. You could put together a key remap that works if you don't mind the numlock light to stay on the whole time.

I am having a rather odd issue with my Mac Book. I mostly installed this for when I want to log in when I do not have an external keyboard connected - which is rarely, but it's more of a just in case. However, with my Kinesis Advantage Pro USB keyboard, if I use one of my macros, which will type out strings for me, it does an odd thing where the num lock light is lit on the mac book, and anything that would be number pad keys (uiojklm,. is 4561230,. for example) gets printed as te number pad output, making the macros useless.

This wasn't an issue before I installed the Input Remapper. Is there an 'easy' way to revert back to the apple keyboard support?

I am having a rather odd issue with my Mac Book. I mostly installed this for when I want to log in when I do not have an external keyboard connected - which is rarely, but it's more of a just in case. However, with my Kinesis Advantage Pro USB keyboard, if I use one of my macros, which will type out strings for me, it does an odd thing where the num lock light is lit on the mac book, and anything that would be number pad keys (uiojklm,. is 4561230,. for example) gets printed as te number pad output, making the macros useless.

This wasn't an issue before I installed the Input Remapper. Is there an 'easy' way to revert back to the apple keyboard support?

Uninstall Input Remapper

c:\Program Files\Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP\Apple Keyboard\Setup.exe

I think that your keyboard macros must be generating a Num-Lock key stroke for this to be happening. Num-Lock is a little special and I might have screwed something up in the implementation.

Edit: When you are using your external keyboard you should be able to just disable Input Remapper by clicking the taskbar icon and choosing "Enable Remapping" and enable it again when you are using the internal keyboard. Although you would probably forget to enable it when rebooting and it would be useless for logging in.

hello! just like to say that this is a great app!

also now that i uninstalled apple's keyboard support, the onscreen volume control program from microsoft intellipoint now functions again. am very happy.

only one problem, the OEM (± and §) key seems to have the same scancode as the ` and ~ key. is it possible to remap it to type a ±? or to another key?

hello! just like to say that this is a great app!

also now that i uninstalled apple's keyboard support, the onscreen volume control program from microsoft intellipoint now functions again. am very happy.

only one problem, the OEM (± and §) key seems to have the same scancode as the ` and ~ key. is it possible to remap it to type a ±? or to another key?

There should be an option to swap oem and tilde key in the configuration dialog. If you run the configuration and press the correct key for "key to the right of the left shift key" it should detect it corretly and select the correct option by default though.

There should be an option to swap oem and tilde key in the configuration dialog. If you run the configuration and press the correct key for "key to the right of the left shift key" it should detect it corretly and select the correct option by default though.

yeah i ran the wizard thing, but it still prints a ` or ~ when it should print ± or §. i ran keytweak and the scancodes for each key were the same

any suggestions?

yeah i ran the wizard thing, but it still prints a ` or ~ when it should print ± or §. i ran keytweak and the scancodes for each key were the same

any suggestions?

Maybe the apple drivers installe da custom keyboard layout? Try checking your keyboard layout in Regional Settings in control panel. If the layout has apple in the name it's probably custom.

Maybe the apple drivers installe da custom keyboard layout? Try checking your keyboard layout in Regional Settings in control panel. If the layout has apple in the name it's probably custom.

no, the only keyboard layout in the list is US English, the apple keyboard layout was removed when the apple keyboard support was uninstalled.

no, the only keyboard layout in the list is US English, the apple keyboard layout was removed when the apple keyboard support was uninstalled.

The oem key will generate | on the standard US keyboard in Windows. I have tried it with the latest version of Input Remapper and the oem key will generate another key from ~. You can change the characters generated with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. Your problem seem to be more serious though, what language is the keyboard of your mac origanally (the default US keyboard doesn't have the oem key)? Also did you maybe remap this with remapkeys?

The oem key will generate | on the standard US keyboard in Windows. I have tried it with the latest version of Input Remapper and the oem key will generate another key from ~. You can change the characters generated with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. Your problem seem to be more serious though, what language is the keyboard of your mac origanally (the default US keyboard doesn't have the oem key)? Also did you maybe remap this with remapkeys?

it is actually a UK Keyboard layout. but when that is selected the @ and " are swapped around but the 2 and ' aren't. (UK has a weird layout). the US English version is a better compromise since everything types as it is on the keyboard except from the oem key and the English Pound sign is a # (idon't mind this one).

Input Remapper 0.9.19 Beta has been released!

Any news on a new version? Could you fill us in to what you're currently working on - just to get some excitement going? :sorcerer: Also, did you happen to take a look at Dmitri's MacBook Tray Tool, which features support for the light sensors? Wouldn't that be a nice addition to Input Remapper?

Keep up the good work,

Tom

Any news on a new version? Could you fill us in to what you're currently working on - just to get some excitement going? :gathering: Also, did you happen to take a look at Dmitri's MacBook Tray Tool, which features support for the light sensors? Wouldn't that be a nice addition to Input Remapper?

Keep up the good work,

Tom

I was hoping to be finished with more SMC functionality today, but I think I will have to defer the release to next week. This work also makes it possible to fix full full fuctionality to Vista. So SMC functionality and possibly full Vista support is what I'm working on for the next version. I will also include support for the new Core 2 duo Mac Book Pros.

I have also started doing some work for onscreen display that I will be working on for the release after the next release.

I was hoping to be finished with more SMC functionality today, but I think I will have to defer the release to next week. This work also makes it possible to fix full full fuctionality to Vista. So SMC functionality and possibly full Vista support is what I'm working on for the next version. I will also include support for the new Core 2 duo Mac Book Pros.

I have also started doing some work for onscreen display that I will be working on for the release after the next release.

Thanks for your progress report - really appreciate your work on this nice tool. But since you're already working on vista support, I'd like to pitch an idea for a new feature: how about using the Exposé keys (F9/10) to access Vista's new Flip3D functions?

Tom

Thanks for your progress report - really appreciate your work on this nice tool. But since you're already working on vista support, I'd like to pitch an idea for a new feature: how about using the Exposé keys (F9/10) to access Vista's new Flip3D functions?

Tom

Maybe for fn+shift+F9 or something. The function keys are used in many windows programs so it's not good to take any of them up. It always possible to bind these keys yourself by binding to Win+2 for the Flip3D for example.