How to make Windows 7 bootloader 'in charge'?

2 posts in this topic

I installed a hackintosh at my partition and everything works great so far. However, I want Windows to be my main bootloader instead of Darwin bootloader. How to I did this?

I tried 2 methods:

1. Use EasyBCD. But EasyBCD only change Windows bootloader that appears after Darwin bootloader (If I choose to boot windows at Darwin).

2. Go to boot Windows Installation USB, and go command prompt, type bootrec.exe /fixboot and bootrec.exe /fixmbr, but it says can't repair. The win7 installation USB stick can't see windows 7 installed because Darwin barrier it.

Is there any way to make Windows 7 bootloader take over? If can I don't wan to reformat. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I do not think that is easy, as the windows bootloader resides in the mbr, and the macbook's firmware loads uefi/gpt bootloaders first.

You can install refit, and use that as initial bootloader.

Yoy might try to install windows (only version 7 64bit I think) in a pure-GPT configuration, but you will most likely have to reformat the whole disk, and I am not sure that it would even work in that case (see http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php...523&page=2)