[SOLVED]Lion Installer won't look for bluetooth keyboard

Mettiu

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to install Lion on a Gigabyte z68mx, but I have a problem during the install since neither my apple wireless keyboard nor my ps2 keyboard (which actually I bought just to be able to access to the bios) work.

I have tried putting few ps2 kexts in Extra, without any result. And my apple keyboard, whose BT receiver works in SL OOB, cannot pair neither such a screen shows.

Any suggestion?

I am trying to install Lion on a Gigabyte z68mx, but I have a problem during the install since neither my apple wireless keyboard nor my ps2 keyboard (which actually I bought just to be able to access to the bios) work.

I have tried putting few ps2 kexts in Extra, without any result. And my apple keyboard, whose BT receiver works in SL OOB, cannot pair neither such a screen shows.

Any suggestion?

*if u have a ps2 keyboard and got stuck at the searching for keyboard screen ,then restart and boot into ur SL.

>open ur Lion diver and search for

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

>open it and delete these lines

<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

also add those to ur installation media in Extra (lion is bitchy with ps2)

Archive.zip

Thank you very much for your reply, actually I solved the problem following a post written by you in another thread.

My mistake was not installing the ps2 kexts on S/L/E, instead of Extra.

So I managed to proceed with the installation, and now I have my beautiful Lion installation :(

Thanks again!

Thank you very much for your reply, actually I solved the problem following a post written by you in another thread.

My mistake was not installing the ps2 kexts on S/L/E, instead of Extra.

So I managed to proceed with the installation, and now I have my beautiful Lion installation :(

Thanks again!

Mettiu, Can you point me in the direction of the PS2 Kexts? I'm in need of them. Thx.