After a lot of attemps and research, I found a way to have a 90% working hackintosch on these really old notebooks. They are more than enough for my IT job!!!
Anyway first of all sorry for my really bad English!!!!
The way to install SL 10.6.7 is the same for both notebooks, the "main" difference is the dsdt.aml (to be honest the 2 laptops are so similar that you could use only one for both computers).
MAIN NOTEBOOK SPECS:
- C2D T7200 @2.0Ghz 667FSB 4MB L2 (used T5500, T2300 and T2500 too)
- 4GB RAM DDR2 667 (SL uses only 3.38GB!!)
- HDD 300GB Sata 5400rpm
- Intel Graphics GMA950 with 224MB dedicated (SL can see only 64MB!!)
- Wireless Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11 a/b/g
- C2D T2500 @2.0Ghz 667FSB 2MB L2 (used T5500, T2300 too)
- 4GB RAM DDR2 667 (SL uses only 3.38GB!!)
- HDD 160GB Sata 5400rpm
- Intel Graphics GMA950 with 224MB dedicated (SL can see only 64MB!!)
- Wireless Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11 b/g
I suppose that NC4400 it's really similar to TC4400 (tablet PC version) because when I extracted the DSDT.dsl from NC4400, it's marked as HP TC4400!!!
WHAT IT'S WORKING (32bit):
- DUAL CORE working at
- WIFI Broadcom (ootb)
- LAN Ethernet Gigabit (using specific kext)
- Bluetooth (fixing the DSDT)
- VGA with QE/CI enabled (fixing the DSDT)
- Brightness controls
- Volume controls (using Audio Kext)
- Audio (using Audio Kext)
- PCMCIA (using specific kext)
- Card Reader only by PCMCIA or USB adapter
- Internal Keyboard (using a specific Kext) **
- Touchpad Synaptics (using a specific Kext) ** (UPDATED 15/11/2011)
- DVD burner (ootb)
- Internal MIC (using Audio Kext)
- Battery (ootb) *** (UPDATED 15/11/2011)
- Lid sleep **** (UPDATED 30/08/2011)
- VGA-OUT only in Extended mode using the script "mirror off/on" ***** (UPDATED 25/08/2011)
(*) (UPDATED 25/08/2011) I have noticed that after installed the last Slice's (long life to this great man!!) chameleon version 2.0 RC5m r1291 LINK, both notebooks restart correctly with and without (better) EvOreboot.kext. And now NC6400 (Intel T7200) start fine every cold reboot. (10 cold power on, 10 fine boot). It seems that Slice rewritten better smbios infos (MacBookPro4.1) inside his chameleon, but since our notebooks are more similar to Macbook2.1, I prefer to add a specific smbios.plist in Extra to force this last one info. If you prefer to use Slice infoa, feel free to remove any smbios.plist from /extra folder.
(**) (UPDATED 15/11/2011) Double click, Tap, 2 fingers zoom, etc are working with VoodooPS2Controller.kext but I have found that they work good using ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2nub.kext + prefpanel too. So I want to add this information and update my ZIP.
"panic(cpu 0 caller 0x28f17d): "pmap_flush_tlbs() timeout: ""cpu(s) failing to respond to interrupts, pmap=0x84b7a0 cpus_to_respond=0x2"@/SourceCode/xnu/xnu-1504.9.37/osfmk/i386/pmap.c:3561". It seems to be related to IRQ 0,1 used for CPU IPI routine too. So I switched to a newer VoodooPS2 kext for KB and Touchpad to eliminate this KP.
(***) (UPDATED 15/11/2011) Updated AppleACPIPlatform.kext with another one patched and then installed VoodooBattey.kext 1.3.3. Since 2 days no KP (inserting or removing AC adapter). Still testing!! I have just inserted AppleACPIThermal.kext under plugins folder to resolve the high temperature issue.
(****) (UPDATED 30/08/2011) I have add some code to our DSDT to natively add Sleep and lid sleep..... ad it's almost working!!! I have add PNLF device and modified LCD part (C13B) adding Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234")). Then the old LID0 fix and to eliminate the immediate wake-up after sleep, I have applied the UHCx and EHCx fix. Now both notebooks enter correctly on sleep mode and wake up fine without brightness issue. PNLF add native (and not BIOS) brightness control showing the small sun on LCD but the key to control it are now different: for NC6400 the keys PAUSE and SCROLL. The only problem now is that you lost Internal Bluetooth when u wake up the notebook. Works ok if you put the notebook in sleep using FN+F3!! I'm still investgating. However I will attach the 2 last files.dsl (with all my comments). Any help is appreaciated!!!
(*****) (UPDATED 25/08/2011) I have tested this function and first of all when I attach the external LCD I can only see vertical colored lines. So I have tested the "old" trick: mirror -off and.... it's works...... but only in extended mode. About external resolution, the notebook asked me for a max 1024x768.... but.... my old test LCD is max 1024x768!!!
WHAT IT'S NOT WORKING (32bit):
- Internal Card Reader from TIxx12.
- Fingerprint recognition HELP
- Infrared port (???)
- Internal 56K Modem: it's only a WIN-MODEM (WIN=WIndows!) Absolute no support in OSX
I have just published a guide to install SL on these notebooks (and others) using iATKOS S3 V2 on OSX86 database, but now I will illustrate my "vanilla" method.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Notebooks as above
- USB Keyboard and mouse (for installation)
- USB Pen of minimum 8GB
- Another Real Apple/Hackintosch PC would be better to prepare all the necessary steps
1) BIOS SETTINGS:
- Be sure to enable "SATA Native mode" (AHCI) for better performance
- Enable "Dual Core". If you have some errors please DISABLE dual core on BIOS end NOT use CPUS=1 as boot arg. If you use the arg you will have the CPU always more than 80° C !!!!
P.S. if you prefer, you can use a BIOS patched to remove Whitelist for Wireless Card. I have provided it on my ZIP. (for NC6400 be sure to have Intel VGA and NOT ATI!!!!!)
2) CREATION OF THE USB STICK (MIN 8GB!!!):
- Buy/Download a RETAIL DVD of OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I have used a .torrent from a Russian Forum. Be sure to find a RETAIL DVD and not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS, etc etc...). The image is circa 6GB
- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and restore the Image.dmg on it
- Now launch MyHack 1.1 and install it on USB Pen so it becomes bootable. During the wizard please choose "AdHoc" and select only these options: core, com.apple.Boot.plist, EvoReboot and FakeSMC and nothing else!!!!
- On my ZIP file you will have a folder called "USB_PEN". Inside another one called "Extra" with 3 files. Please copy: com.apple.Boot.plist, dsdt.aml and smbios.plist to the same /Extra folder of the USB pen overwriting if necessary.
- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!
P.S.: If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with windows xp or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch "OSInstall_1063_10D575_deviato.zip" provided in my ZIP.
3) BEGIN THE INSTALLATION ON NC6400/NC4400:
- Insert the new USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse on your notebook, power it on and boot from USB (press F9). A Chameleon should appear and wait 5 seconds. I have switched the installation in verbose mode (-v) so you can see all.
- Now begin the classic OSX wizard (languages etc). Using "Disk Utility" prepare your HDD as you prefer (number of partitions, GUID or MBR etc) and so on...... After a while (it could take 30/40 minutes or 15 minutes!!!) it will finish and ask you for reboot.
- Please reboot with USB pen inserted and when chameleon appears, press a key and choose your new HDD OSX partition and press enter. Now the wizard will continue to the end.
4) FIRST USE:
- When you are on SL 10.6.3 you have to make bootable your NEW OSX Partition. For that reason you have to launch another time MyHack 1.1 (that you can found on your USB Pen used for the installation) and make exactly the same things of the STEP 2) for the USB Pen: install MyHack 1.1 on OSX Partition of your HDD, select core, com.apple.Boot.plist, EvoReboot and FakeSMC, after installation copy from /Extra on USB penthese 3 files com.apple.Boot.plist, dsdt.aml and smbios.plist on the /Extra folder on your HDD.
- Copy on your HDD at least KextHelperb7.app and KextUtility.app
- In my ZIP file you will have a folder named /POST_INSTALLATION. Under this you will have another one called /OK. Here you will find two folders: /Extra and /SLE (=/System/Library/Extensions). What is under /Extra must correspond to the related one in your OSX Partition, instead /SLE means what you should install under your /System/Library/Extensions naturally using KextHelperb7 utility.
- To enable audio please install VoodooHDA-0.2.62.pkg
- At this step you can just install VoodooPowerMini.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext from /SLE using KexthelperB7. After that DON'T FORGET to run KextUtility. In general EVERY TIME you manipulate some kext.
- Now you are ready to restart the OSX without USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse.
5) INSTALL OSX 10.6.7 COMBO UPDATE:
- Now restart and check if your SL 10.6.3 is working. You can quite control if your DSDT is read by the System if you can see the bluetooth icon.
- Download Snow Leopard Combo Update 10.6.7 (circa 1 GB) and install it
- After the installation restart the PC
- Using KextHelperB7, you have to install the kexts from /SLE and launch kextutility.
* AppleACPIPlatform.kext = I have added AppleACPIThermal.kext from Tiger to reduce the CPU temperature to normal 47° C
* IONetworkingFamily.kext = I have added AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext that I have modified using hexedit to enable Internal LAN Gigabit. To resolve the MAC address problem, please add in rc.local "/sbin/ifconfig en1 lladdr AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF" as usual.
* VoodooTSCSync.kext = I have noticed that it helps to reduce the KP on Dual Core boots
* VoodooBattery.kext = Using AppleACPIPlatform.kext patched, it's seems now work fine.
* IOPCIFamily.kext + IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext = I have modified to recognize my south-bridge PCI Controller (for PCMCIA too) and my Internal Card Reader
* IOPCMCIAFamily.kext + ApplePCCard16ATA.kext + ApplePCCardATA.kext = to be able to use a PCMCIA Card Reader and any other PCMCIA Card. They are from Tiger and Leopard DVD!
6) THAT'S ALL!!!!
- Now you can quite apply each Apple Update you prefer EXCEPT for 10.6.8. It will destroy ALL. I'm not interested on this update now.
I spent a lot of time to rewrite some parts of both DSDTs comparing the code to an original DSDT from MacBook2.1 (pratically the same hardware).
Any help would be greatly appreciated
DOWNLOADS from osx86.com (updated at 15/11/2011)
HP NC6400 (Intel version) HERE
HP NC4400 HERE
mirror script for external monitor External LINK
Slice's Chameleon fixed and good for our notebooks External LINK (HOWTO LINK )
Please don't forget to use now org.chameleon.Boot.plist and eventually new prefpan. I applied the .plist on Slice's ZIP because it include the new RestartFIX syntax (PS2).
NC6400 (intel version) dsl commented: nc6400_dsl_30082011.zip 56.1KB 93 downloads
NC6400 (intel version) aml: nc6400_aml_30082011.zip 57.71KB 90 downloads
NC4400 dsl commented: nc4400_dsl_30082011.zip 55.86KB 44 downloads
NC4400 aml: nc4400_aml_30082011.zip 58.3KB 42 downloads
to do list:
- Lost Bluetooth on wake-up (UHC1) on NC4400
- Remapping native OSX brightness control keys to standard (FN+F9, and FN+F10)
- Missed opening "Apple Preferences" after waked up from sleep
- ApplePS2Controller + AppleAcpiPS2nub.kext + Trackpad.prefpane from THIS LINK
- AppleACPIPlatform patched + VoodooBattery 1.3.3 Battery_Icon_fix.zip 489.65KB 91 downloads
Remember to launch Kextutility or new Kexts Wizard
- I attach the file/link to ATI X1300 VGA for NC6400 ATI version. This is a first step to realize a complete guide for NC64xx and NC44xx series notebook. Thanks to ketcap and bullerup. ATI1300.zip 759.63KB 47 downloads or THIS LINK
- I attach the BIOS patched for NC6400 (ATI version) to remove Wireless Whitelist sp36877_SLIC21_no_whitelist_ATI.zip 1.05MB 42 downloads
NC6400 (ATI version) dsl commented: nc6400_ati_dsl_08122011.zip 56.15KB 32 downloads FOR TESTING PURPOSE
NC6400 (ATI version) aml: nc6400_ati_aml_08122011.zip 58.49KB 36 downloads FOR TESTING PURPOSE
The GFX0 part is original (no modification). In other words it's the same of the Intel version but without GMA950 laptop fix. It's based on original .dsl extract from ATI notebook (thanks to ketcap)
Thanks to chunk for his attemps about LION's installation on HP TC4400!!! Don't stop boy....
Hi to all, I'm completing my attempts of LION 10.7.3 (Retail, Vanilla) on these old notebooks, and mostly the DSDT and kexts from this guide works fine (not all!!). I'm looking for people that tried this way and I would like to know which bootloader they had used.
I tried the chameleon from my guide, but it doesn't work with Lion, so I switched to others Chameleon 2.1 testing a dozen from svn 15xx to 1820 without success: mostly KP on dual core boot. Same with Chimera 1.9.x. The only one that I found to work great is new bootloader schema invented by SLICE: Clover2 http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2304
I have used the r347 and it boots up in dual core fine.
This bootloader it's really young but it seems great!!!!
MINIGUIDE FOR LION VANILLA 10.7.3: http://www.insanelym...=0#entry1811445
sh-3.2# lspci -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub [8086:27a0] (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a2] (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller : Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27a6] (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:27d0] (rev 01)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:27d2] (rev 01)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:27d6] (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:27c8] (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:27c9] (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:27ca] (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:27cb] (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:27cc] (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge : Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:27b9] (rev 01)
00:1f.1 IDE interface : Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller [8086:27df] (rev 01)
00:1f.2 SATA controller : Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:27c5] (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:27da] (rev 01)
01:06.0 CardBus bridge : Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller [104c:8039]
01:06.2 Mass storage controller : Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD) [104c:803b]
01:06.3 SD Host controller : Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller [104c:803c]
01:06.4 Communication controller : Texas Instruments PCIxx12 GemCore based SmartCard controller [104c:803d]
08:00.0 Ethernet controller : Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5753M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:16fd] (rev 21)
10:00.0 Network controller : Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11a/b/g [14e4:4312] (rev 01)