[GUIDE] Lion - The easiest guide - Full Working

adrianeitor92

34 posts in this topic

People who succeed with this GUIDE:

Thanks for this guide.

I followed all the steps and everything is working.

- P5K (Cross flashed P5KR)

- E4500

- Nvidia 8600GT 256M

----------------------------------------

Tried on an Asus P5K, but it should hopefully work in every motherboard

Lion_circle.png

GUIDE

If you don't have a Mac installation go to Step 1 (in case you want to do a clean installation)

If you are in 10.6.3 Snow Leopard go to STEP 2

If you are in 10.6.8 Snow Leopard go to STEP 3

STEP 1

1-Download iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 and install it to one partition via DVD

STEP 2

1-Download 10.6.8 Combo from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1399/...Combo10.6.8.dmg

2-Install it and BEFORE REBOOTING install this 2 kexts with Kext helper.

YOU MUST INSTALL THEM, because if you don't you will get PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN error

http://www.mediafire.com/?u6sietuh5b0rh6t

STEP 3

1-Download Lion from Apple, or from somewhere else. The final version if it's possible.

STEP 4

1-Open Lion.app/Lion.dmg

Screen%20shot%202011-07-08%20at%201.36.48%20PM.png

2. Click Continue.

Screen%20shot%202011-07-08%20at%201.36.55%20PM.png

3. Target your currently booted Snow Leopard drive and hit Install. This will not install the OS or affect this drive in any way. It will simply install the files necessary to do so later in the process.

Screen%20shot%202011-07-08%20at%201.37.03%20PM.png

5. Click Restart to reboot.

Screen%20shot%202011-07-08%20at%201.37.35%20PM.png

STEP 5: Prepare the Installer Partition

1. Boot back into your existing Snow Leopard installation.

2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

3. Highlight your Snow Leopard drive in left column.

4. Choose the Partition tab, and Click the + to Add a Partition.

5. Name the secondary partition Installer with a size of 8 GB and click Apply.

Screen%20shot%202011-07-13%20at%204.32.39%20PM.png

6. Click Partition.

Screen%20shot%202011-07-13%20at%204.32.59%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202011-07-13%20at%204.33.52%20PM.png

7. Close Disk Utility

STEP 6: xMove

1. Download xMove

2. Double-Click xMove, and choose Installer as Destination.

WARNING: DO NOT choose existing Snow Leopard as the Destination.xmove.png

Do not interrupt the process- it will take 5-10 minutes. When done, you'll have a secondary partition on your drive containing the OS X Lion Installer!

If xMove fails, you haven't installed the Lion App to your currently booted drive- and it cannot find the necessary files. A quick way to remedy this is to manually mount the InstallESD.dmg and run xMove again.

STEP 7: Boot Installer & Install OS X Lion

1. Reboot- at the Chimera boot screen, choose Installer

2. It will boot directly to a familiar Mac OS X Installer complete with Disk Utility. (if you can't boot put ''npci=0x2000'' in the bootloader

3. Install OS X Lion over existing Snow Leopard or onto any empty drive or partition.

4-When you have Lion installed, if you can't boot, again put ncpi=0x2000 on boot loader or edit com.apple.bootlist

6-And finally apply this 2 kexts for Audio and Ethernet (in case you have a P5K mobo)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YB8B6RV1

I hope this guide can help you

PD: Sorry for my english, I'm spanish, I've tried to do my best :)

A part of this guide is from tonymacx86.com

It did not work.

That´s the output:

Aug 19 14:53:43 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “BaseSystemBinaries.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7ffa55581d10 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “BaseSystemBinaries.pkg”., NSFilePath=/Volumes/Mac OS X/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=BaseSystemBinaries.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.BaseSystemBinaries, NSUnderlyingError=0x7ffa551a9580 "The operation couldn’t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error"} {

Aug 19 14:53:44 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Install failed: Die Installation ist aufgrund eines Fehlers fehlgeschlagen. Wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller der Software.

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: No system on disk Mac OS X to revert bless

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Allowing machine sleep.

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Memory statistics for 'Installation ist fehlgeschlagen' pane:

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Physical Memory Allocation: 366 MB wired, 2 MB trapped, 249 MB active, 89 MB inactive, 3390 MB free, 3728 MB usable, 4096 MB total

Aug 19 14:54:57 localhost Unknown[323]: 2011-08-19 14:54 Mac OS X Installer[342] (CarbonCore.framework) FSEventStreamStart: ERROR: FSEvents_connect() => Unknown service name (1102)

I have attached the File.

:(

Installationsprotokoll_19_Aug_2011.txt

It did not work.

That´s the output:

Aug 19 14:53:43 localhost OSInstaller[342]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “BaseSystemBinaries.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7ffa55581d10 {NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “BaseSystemBinaries.pkg”., NSFilePath=/Volumes/Mac OS X/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=BaseSystemBinaries.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.BaseSystemBinaries, NSUnderlyingError=0x7ffa551a9580 "The operation couldn’t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error"} {

Aug 19 14:53:44 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Install failed: Die Installation ist aufgrund eines Fehlers fehlgeschlagen. Wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller der Software.

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: No system on disk Mac OS X to revert bless

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Allowing machine sleep.

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Memory statistics for 'Installation ist fehlgeschlagen' pane:

Aug 19 14:53:45 localhost OSInstaller[342]: Physical Memory Allocation: 366 MB wired, 2 MB trapped, 249 MB active, 89 MB inactive, 3390 MB free, 3728 MB usable, 4096 MB total

Aug 19 14:54:57 localhost Unknown[323]: 2011-08-19 14:54 Mac OS X Installer[342] (CarbonCore.framework) FSEventStreamStart: ERROR: FSEvents_connect() => Unknown service name (1102)

I have attached the File.

:(

Did you followed the guide step by step?

What motherboard do you have?

Hey there. Great thread. I'm beginning my way to Lion after some weeks booting Windows (I've been using Leopard for three years, but after a RAM update it didn't boot anymore...)

I tried other guides/tutorials and failed miserably, so I'll give this one a try before giving up.

That said, I'll start by telling you my experiences up until right now:

Specs first:

Asus P5K (ICH9, JMicron, 2 bootable sata ports)

Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz

8GB DDR2 1066 OCZ Platinum XTC

PowerColor ATi HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

2xHDD SATA2 SEAGATE 500GB

I've installed iAtkos S3 v2 to my main hard drive and I got it up and running right now, but as there are no drivers for my ATi card, I'm using EVO Enabler and can't switch resolution (1024x768 on a 24-inch FullHD display, I'm gonna end up blind)

But here comes my problem. I can update to 10.6.8 straight forward without having to use the modified kext files, as I won't get (I don't know why) the PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN error, but I get a black screen after the boot sequence finishes and I can't get to the desktop. That's caused, as I've found out, by some messed up video drivers in Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

So... I just reinstalled the system and I'm gonna try something, just tell me if I'm doing it wrong, or I should do something else before I have to reinstall everything ALL OVER AGAIN...

I've downloaded the combo update, and I'm gonna install it. I'll use the same method Adrianeitor used for the other kexts and install 10.6.7 ATI kexts which I'm told work flawless, before rebooting. I'll install them with Kext Helper so permissions will be fixed right away.

Before applying the update, though, I'm gonna create an /Extra/Extensions/ Folder in the HDD's root, just in case, and I'll copy there all ATI kexts from 10.6.7 repairing permissions with Kext Utility afterwards..

What do you guys think? Wish me luck, because IGI.

Did you followed the guide step by step?

What motherboard do you have?

Foxconn G41MXP

2x500GB HDD

4GB Ram

Nvidia 210

(intigrated Graphic Intel X4500 is deactivated)

It fails because it can not read BaseSystemBinaries.pkg

I will try to copy again the Packages Folder.

Ok it works now ;) Thank You!

Well........ No luck... installing 10.6.7 ATI Kexts did take me a step forward, but I can't boot to desktop yet, I just get a corrupted display, and nothing else. Would any of you give me some advice?

EDIT 08/20/11 @ 23:12 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

And just like that...... I just did a clean installation and I'm on 10.6.8 without any trouble at all. I'll go for Lion now, wish me luck (again)

EDIT 08/20/11 23:38 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

OK, some troubles now.

I tried to make a new partition on my snow kitty drive pressing the "+" button but it won't let me as it's greyed out, having to select another partitions scheme... If I do this, it'll obviously want to destroy my main (Snow leopard) Partition, so I can't do that... I should have read THE WHOLE GUIDE before installing SL.. I should've made two partitions from the beginning.

As I'm unable to make a new partition, just used an old IDE drive on JMicron controlled IDE port. The thing is, I directly used the InstallESD.dmg file instead of the .app as it was my only source. Xmove installed (apparently) completely, but when I try to boot from it, it'll just restart my computer.

It's late, so I'll leave it like this (I can still boot SL and I'm pretty happy for it :P) until tomorrow at least. Any word of advice Adrianeitor?

thanks, good info!

My MB is P5K Deluxe, with 2 NIC, Yukon and Realtek.

After iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.3 is installed, Yukon doesn't work, Realtek works. Audio works. Do you have such problem?

I notice you apply 2 kext in the final step for NIC and souncd. What are your components?

Murasam3: i received your PM. tomorrow I'm going to send you a PM with more information (I'm in the iPad right now and I can't send you a PM)

Jackes: my components are the same as yours, well the ones that implicates the 2 final kexts

Yukon doesn't work for me either but I only use 1 Ethernet, so I'm using the realtek one.

Try to search some kexts for Yukon in www.kexts.com

Murasam3: i received your PM. tomorrow I'm going to send you a PM with more information (I'm in the iPad right now and I can't send you a PM)

Jackes: my components are the same as yours, well the ones that implicates the 2 final kexts

Yukon doesn't work for me either but I only use 1 Ethernet, so I'm using the realtek one.

Try to search some kexts for Yukon in www.kexts.com

thanks! that's weird on 10.6.3 part; Kalyway 10.5.2 supports Yukon.....

question:

if my system fully works on 10.6.8, after Lion is installed, do I have to deal with all the drivers (video card, etc) all over again?

thanks!

It's possible, because of ethernet, audio (AppleHDA) and graphics

Now in 10.6.8 do you have Graphic acceleration?

Fail right at here:

"1. Reboot- at the Chimera boot screen, choose Installer

2. It will boot directly to a familiar Mac OS X Installer complete with Disk Utility. (if you can't boot put ''npci=0x2000'' in the bootloader"

xMove ran successfully.

But when I reboot, I didn't get Chimera boot screen at all. It just continues to reboot and reboot.

wow, I checked out the comments under tonymacx86 guide. There are so many different errors/problems.

This is far from easiest guide.

good effort though.

And that is my problem with these so called "easy" installs. Better to teach the community how to do this as natively and vanilla as possible which lessens the risks AND educates them on how to do a proper install that is 99.99% failsafe and survives most software updates.

Fail right at here:

"1. Reboot- at the Chimera boot screen, choose Installer

2. It will boot directly to a familiar Mac OS X Installer complete with Disk Utility. (if you can't boot put ''npci=0x2000'' in the bootloader"

xMove ran successfully.

But when I reboot, I didn't get Chimera boot screen at all. It just continues to reboot and reboot.

wow, I checked out the comments under tonymacx86 guide. There are so many different errors/problems.

This is far from easiest guide.

good effort though.

Do you have an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD?

I don't know why didn't work it

Do you have an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD?

I don't know why didn't work it

Yes.

But I think you have to install Chimera in 10.6.8 before attempt on Lion installation.

I will give a try if I have time. thanks.

Hola adrianeitor92. Estoy pensando en comprarme un nuevo portatil y, como no me llega para un macbook, me gustaria saber si conoces cual es el mas indicado para poder instalar os x, snow o lion, sin problemas.

Gracias!!!

Hola adrianeitor92. Estoy pensando en comprarme un nuevo portatil y, como no me llega para un macbook, me gustaria saber si conoces cual es el mas indicado para poder instalar os x, snow o lion, sin problemas.

Gracias!!!

Perdona pero la verdad es que no tengo ni idea

No te llega ni para uno de segunda mano?

El MacBook Air está nuevo por 999€, lo puedes comprar a plazos también

No, it does't work.

In the final step, Lion just doesn't boot, evenafter I added 'ncpi=0x2000 '.

I am back to 10.6.8. besides, what can I do about Lion anyway?

Do you know if my setup would work with 10.6.8? I've read that ATI video cards (especially Mobility Radeon) have a hard time with OS X :wacko:

No, it does't work.

In the final step, Lion just doesn't boot, evenafter I added 'ncpi=0x2000 '.

I am back to 10.6.8. besides, what can I do about Lion anyway?

Have you already tried to boot with an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD?