• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Well iDeneb 1.4 didn't work AT ALL via USB.... ugh what a process.

.. Trying the iDeneb v3 10.5.5 now.

No dice on 10.5.5

Trying 10.5.7 now...

Getting ridiculous....

OK Installing iDeneb v3 10.5.7 now, I would recommend you guys do the same - It seems to run much smoother and more responsive than SL.

I've read around here and elsewhere that a 10.5.7 install is fully functional. I'm hoping to get it to that myself....

Awesome, please let us know if you can install it succesfully. About the ethernet port, yeah, i know it is under the flap but let just say that my netbook had a little accident so... no ethernet port for me, lol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Awesome, please let us know if you can install it succesfully. About the ethernet port, yeah, i know it is under the flap but let just say that my netbook had a little accident so... no ethernet port for me, lol

I'm up and running with iDeneb v3 10.5.7. I'm trying to figure out what to do next - USB doesn't work although ethernet does.

I followed this right up until after the ideneb install:

http://myhpmini.com/...king-t1719.html

As soon as that guide got to these steps:
1. Type “-s” and hit enter
2. Wait for the text skim by until it stops. Then type “/sbin/fsck –fy” and press enter
3. Once it says “File System was modified” type “/sbin/mount -uw /” with spaces

.. it lost me and I just pulled the USB drives and started it up.

I can't seem to find anything that indicates just what I do next now that I have 10.5.7 up and running. I'm having restart issues, the USB ports appear to not be functioning, and I haven't gotten to try the webcam, nevermind the wifi.

I just downloaded OSXTools and I'm going to try playing around with that for a while. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

flexer

flexer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi,
I have an HP mini 110-3102sl that seem to have almost the same hardware of yours (mine have an atom n455) an I have wrote a tutorial, in english and in italian, for install Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on that netbook.
Almost all works fine except for the internal broadcom 4313 wifi that I've substituted with a mini mini mini usb.
If you want to try my method, here is the english version and here the italian version of my tutorial.
Hope this help.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hi,
I have an HP mini 110-3102sl that seem to have almost the same hardware of yours (mine have an atom n455) an I have wrote a tutorial, in english and in italian, for install Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on that netbook.
Almost all works fine except for the internal broadcom 4313 wifi that I've substituted with a mini mini mini usb.
If you want to try my method, here is the english version and here the italian version of my tutorial.
Hope this help.

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I did come across your site while searching for a method however what prevented me was that you need to start on a machine running Snow Leopard, which I do not have. I have units running 10.10 Ubuntu, 10.4, and XP :(

Thanks anyway.

I've ended up setting this on the backburner for the last week or so as I've been engaged in other affairs and haven't had the time to figure it out.

I did get as far as a 10.5 install, but when I installed OSXTools and began the process of installing the necessary kexts, well... it was so confusing and I didn't know what to install and what not to... I bricked the install twice with bad kexts I guess...and just had to put it on hold. I imagine i'll try again this week.

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I did come across your site while searching for a method however what prevented me was that you need to start on a machine running Snow Leopard, which I do not have. I have units running 10.10 Ubuntu, 10.4, and XP :)

Thanks anyway.

I've ended up setting this on the backburner for the last week or so as I've been engaged in other affairs and haven't had the time to figure it out.

I did get as far as a 10.5 install, but when I installed OSXTools and began the process of installing the necessary kexts, well... it was so confusing and I didn't know what to install and what not to... I bricked the install twice with bad kexts I guess...and just had to put it on hold. I imagine i'll try again this week.

Which version did you used? iDeneb v3 ? because i've searched for that version and i don't find it... maybe you mean version 1.5? it's the one with OSX 10.5.7.

flexer

flexer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I hope you've solved but, if don't, I want you suggest to use kalyway 10.5.2 for install a very basic version of osx on your old desktop partition and after follow mine tutorials on how to install snow leopard 10.6.8 on hp mini 110

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Which version did you used? iDeneb v3 ? because i've searched for that version and i don't find it... maybe you mean version 1.5? it's the one with OSX 10.5.7.

I hope you've solved but, if don't, I want you suggest to use kalyway 10.5.2 for install a very basic version of osx on your old desktop partition and after follow mine tutorials on how to install snow leopard 10.6.8 on hp mini 110

I did download iDeneb v3... tried many versions of v3... I can't remember offhand but there were so many. I just had to stop for my own sanity. I'm going to pick it up again this weekend with another fresh install of ideneb v3. You can find it fairly easily on certain torrent sites.

1.5, osx 10.5.7, doesn't work with our minis I dont think. At least the Wifi card doesn't work, and I dunno about you but I need mine to work.

Nachiketa R

Nachiketa R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I recommend you all dump iDeneb and move on. Try getting a retail version of snow leopard and using netbook installer. All you need is an 8gb pendrive, an existing osx installation of snow leopard or better (can even be osx86) and the retail dmg file. Worked like a charm for me so...

Romain Caron

Romain Caron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I apologize for my English, I'm french and I have to improve my english :-) .
I tried to install Hackintosh on my HP mini 110c-1030ef but I had a big problem. The screen resolution is not tall enough. I can't click on "Next". Do you have an idea to fix this problem ?
I took a photo to illustrate my problem : http://imageshack.us...1224141448.jpg/
Thanks for your help !
Romain

EDIT : I tried with Ideneb 1.3

Piyush Chaudahry

Piyush Chaudahry

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
i hv installed 10.6.6i by hazard working perfectly fine after netbook installer tweaks but still no QE/CI and wifi working !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy